shape
carat
color
clarity

another silly question about mailing to Sally

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok- Sally just gave me instructions, and I don''t want to keep bothering her so I''m asking you nice pricescopers to help me just a bit more. She says to ship item by REGISTERED MAIL - but did you guys mail in an envelope or just a packaged box USING the "BROWN TAPE" I''m not sure why registered? even though I would just declare a value of $15 like she has mentioned. Any insight - I just want to make sure my gems don''t go off to LaLa Land, I know how to mail it in the states, but going international I haven''t done a package before. Thanks in advance.

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
When I sent my beryl to Sally, I sent it in a box about the size that would hold a coffee mug. I left it in its little gem box and taped it to some bubble wrap and wrapped it until it fit snuggly in the box. It probably cost more that way, but I didn''t want it to be so small that someone might guess the contents. It is best sent registered because it is signed off by anyone that touches it, which makes it less likely to go astray. I live in Virginia and it took about 13 days to get to her. Hope this helps.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/21/2009 2:02:11 PM
Author: BizouMom
When I sent my beryl to Sally, I sent it in a box about the size that would hold a coffee mug. I left it in its little gem box and taped it to some bubble wrap and wrapped it until it fit snuggly in the box. It probably cost more that way, but I didn''t want it to be so small that someone might guess the contents. It is best sent registered because it is signed off by anyone that touches it, which makes it less likely to go astray. I live in Virginia and it took about 13 days to get to her. Hope this helps.
Thanks BizouMom- Ok, i was getting nervous, but feel much better now I appreciate your comment.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, please send it in the gem box, wrapped in bubble packaging AND have the entire bundle taped to the inside of the box so it doesn’t shift around and cause suspicion / curiousity.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/21/2009 3:00:57 PM
Author: Chrono
Yes, please send it in the gem box, wrapped in bubble packaging AND have the entire bundle taped to the inside of the box so it doesn’t shift around and cause suspicion / curiousity.
snug and tight it shall sit
9.gif
thanks Chrono

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a helpful thread with all the PSers using Sally for settings!!

What exactly are you sending and which setting is it going in?

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Put my stones in a box that was about 8x10 inches. I had them packed so that contents would not shift. I added a couple of magazines for weight.

Registered mail is the safest way to send something because someone has to sign off it before it changes hands, and I think it needs to be stored more securely than other packages. I was wondering about the brown tape, but seeing it, I realized it is really easy to tell if someone cut it.

It took about 10 days for my package to arrive

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Ditto the rest of the advice.
Also, make sure you don''t write anything eluding to gems or jewellery on
the paperwork that goes on the package..
I''m sure Sally''s given you a suggestion, but if not I''ve used both
"synthetic sample" and "personal adornment" with success.
(and it''s kinda the truth, lol)..

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/21/2009 11:55:40 PM
Author: Stone Hunter
This is a helpful thread with all the PSers using Sally for settings!!

What exactly are you sending and which setting is it going in?
my two spinel (trillion, should be a another slider pendant bezel with some sort of filigree work -I will let Sally go to town with that one) and the princess cut clipped corner color changer ( I want a spin off of the mistral setting only I want the spinel to sit at an angle in a kite position) of course in yellow gold.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks AJ and LtlFirecracker - It will go in a box, and I''ve got brown tape.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
so I bought some brown tape from Staples (the kind that the USPS uses also) since I remember I had to use it a couple of times when I sent something to WF, anyhow, I taped up the box with the brown tape and wrote the address directly on the tape. The gal at usps said that it was all fine and dandy (I also wrote on the other side but taped up with maskin tape or clear tape (a NO NO) so the gal took that off, or taped over it - well it is now off to Sally- whooo hoo! Thanks everyone!.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope it gets there safely. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Ackkkk all of this Thailand mailing still makes me nervous! I have not done it yet
32.gif
Good luck, D&T.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/22/2009 8:25:34 PM
Author: icekid
Ackkkk all of this Thailand mailing still makes me nervous! I have not done it yet
32.gif
Good luck, D&T.

Your nervous? I still have to get my stones back. And from what I understand, she has to declare them as rings. I know other people have done it, so I just have to trust. But I did not send any stones to her that I would be really upset about loosing.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results