shape
carat
color
clarity

Another Question About Jewelry Insurance...

SCARLETTE

Shiny_Rock
Hi all,

I am seriously considering insuring my new upgrade once it comes. I've read a sample of a contract through Jewelers Mutual. Under conditions which are not covered, there is the following : "Deterioration or Inherent Vice – “We” do not pay for gradual deterioration, inherent vice, or any quality, fault, or weakness..." The part that bothers me is the gradual deterioration. Could that be interpreted to mean normal "wear and tear"? If I wear my ring everyday and the prong gets loose and the diamond falls out, would that be covered??? It just seems so vaguely worded that almost anything can be construed as "gradual deterioration."

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SCARLETTE|1370985364|3463688 said:
Hi all,

I am seriously considering insuring my new upgrade once it comes. I've read a sample of a contract through Jewelers Mutual. Under conditions which are not covered, there is the following : "Deterioration or Inherent Vice – “We” do not pay for gradual deterioration, inherent vice, or any quality, fault, or weakness..." The part that bothers me is the gradual deterioration. Could that be interpreted to mean normal "wear and tear"? If I wear my ring everyday and the prong gets loose and the diamond falls out, would that be covered??? It just seems so vaguely worded that almost anything can be construed as "gradual deterioration."

Call, ask that specific question, and get the name of the rep you talk to ;))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results