shape
carat
color
clarity

Another nice find - not jewellery but has gold!!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do a lot of walking around the neighbourhood. The Salukis need around 2 hours walking a day to stop them rampaging through the house. On my daily walks I often come across broken bits of succulents (kids on the way to school doing a bit of pruning of anything overhanging the footpath) which I gather up and bring home. Here in Australia we also have “Council clean ups”. That’s an opportunity for households to put any unwanted / broken items at the kerbside for free collection. Lots of people make it a habit, some even a business, to sort through someones trash in case it could be their treasure. Myself I’ve ”rescued” books, pot plants and even a marble topped coffee table from the kerbside. Incredible really, people throwing out perfectly nice stuff.
So yesterday I scored, not a Council clean up, but the other quaint activity around here is to put a cardboard box full of unwanted bits and pieces on top of your fence marked “free” and people walking by might take something from the box home rather than it going to landfill.
There was this little box type thing, I thought it could be used for earrings etc so I carried it home.
I thought it was plastic but closer examination and some research and what I have is a Japanese Lacquer Jubako 3 tier box. It is exquisitely decorated. It’s probably antique and DEFINITELY not junk or rubbish.
The design is both engraved and painted on with gold, the workmanship is astounding.
very pleased. 2AE4BEF4-41C5-4C7F-9680-B33DD54F3A4C.jpeg DA30D6E2-BCC3-40BC-9F82-3194E2B98493.jpeg

secretagentlaura

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Oh, that's a really pretty find! I love it when awesome things find new homes.

Also, salukis are the native dog where I live, and I am always tickled to hear about how they've made their way to other parts of the world! They don't always have a good life where I am.

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
What a fabulous find! Do you have any more pics from a distance?

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are the jammiest person ever! I need to start visiting your neighbourhood for house clearances & boxes of free stuff!

Please post more pictures!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is amazing, a true work of art, and to think someone just threw it away.....what a shame. Glad you rescued it!

So glad the previous owners at least put it in a "free" pile and not directly into the trash. It was meant to go home with you. Great find! More pics would be greatly appreciated :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results