shape
carat
color
clarity

Another newbie seeking advice....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondcrazed

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

I have been lurking on this site for awhile like many others and have learned a great deal reading everyones comments and suggestions. (Ok, I am also drawn in by the pictures of so many beautiful rings!!! I can''t help it, bright, shiny objects distract me
emwink.gif
)

My boyfriend and I have been looking at diamonds and found one that we like that we would like to get your opinions on. The vendor we are working with sent us the AGS Cert, the brilliance scope, a H&A pic, etc. and they all look good. Here are specs from the cert:

AGS Cert -
Round Brilliant
1.283 cts
F
VS2
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Proportion: Ideal
Florescence: Negligible

I am not having much luck posting attachments, so I have uploaded additional info and pictures to yahoo photos -- http://photos.yahoo.com/blondieinsatx

Any advice is appreciated! THANKS!

Diamondcrazed

lostdog

Shiny_Rock
(and another one giving it.....:) ) sort of

I don't know enough to pick on the hearts image, but would be very curious to see the arrows or the 'scope pictures. I am curious how the range of crown angles affects leakage here, especially in light of the other recent thread that touched on average of facet pairs versus extremes.

And is the cert DQR or DQD?

diamondcrazed

Rough_Rock
Thanks Garry H :)

Lostdog -- it is a Diamond Quality Document. On the AGS site, it looks like this is the better choice of the two -- am I correct?

Diamondcrazed

lostdog

Shiny_Rock
"it is a Diamond Quality Document. On the AGS site, it looks like this is the better choice of the two -- am I correct"

It is the one that will actually rate the Cut (for example, cut as AGS 0), and the two reports call out sym/polish slightly differently (DQR won't state they are "ideal" even if it would be so on a DQD). So there's slightly more that comes with the DQD when you want assurance.

Do you have the chance to upload a post with the brilliancescope or the arrows picture?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results