shape
carat
color
clarity

Another newbie looking for opinions on diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Weeda

Rough_Rock
Hi all,
Brand new to this site and just slowly wrapping my brain around all of this. Here''s a diamond I was looking at last night at a very reputable and highly recommended small local jewler. The 62.8% depth scares me, but still foggy on if it''s too much. Worth the price? Any opinions would be much appreciated. Thanks!

.86 D SI1 GIA
total depth - 62.8%
crown angle - 34.9°
pavil angle - 41.2°
table - 55.4%
culet - 1.0%
girdle - 1.0-2.0%

$4128

icemyster

Shiny_Rock
The depth might be a little high, but that is not the main issue that would keep me from this diamond. The crown ange and pavilion angle combination falls on the steep/steep side. A stone with 41.2 pavillion angles should have shallower crown angles...although 41.2 is a little too steep for my taste. However if you were to combine the 41.2 pavillion angles with 33.8 - 34.0 crown angles, this diamond would score much higher in the brilliance catagory. Due to the steep/steep combination this diamond will suffer in the light return performance catagory.

All the best in finding the right diamond.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results