shape
carat
color
clarity

Another Minkoff Question!

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
So I had a particularly bad day yesterday and decided to do some shopping on the way home (oops).

I came across this Rebecca Minkoff MAM for a steal and brought it home.

However, I'm not sure about the leather (too stiff? too shiny?) and figured I'd bring it to the experts. What do you guys think? I know there are a lot of RM lovers on PS :)

photoMAMminkoff.JPG

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it, but I'm not sure if I would be able to carry it during the daytime, especially not to work. It's a fun, catchy evening bag. But given I spend more time in my work clothes than otherwise, I probably wouldn't consider it a wise investment (ha!) for me. Do you think you'll be able to carry it to work?

That said, you can't just say you bought an RM on your way home and not reveal the location! Did you find it at the Winners at Yonge and College? I haven't shopped in SO freakin' long (except for my spur-of-the-moment buy at Holts last week- cashmere Burberry scarf that I've wanted since forever).

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Haha it was from the Winners on Adelaide - there were 2 others in pink. Yonge and College and the one in Leaside tend to have the most RM bags.

I think I'm going to take it back. I think it is too stiff/big for me to use daily (and it is actually heavy, to be honest).

Plus I read online that some people think that this line was made specifically for the Norstrom Anniversary sale - so might not be true RM quality. Grr...

Anyways - I still love my mini Nikki that I picked up at the Yonge/College winners :)

Thanks kama!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with her bags being heavy. I only have one MAM in Purple Haze and I don't carry it too often because it weighs my arm down with just my wallet and keys. My new favourite designer is Michael Kors. His bags are incredibly pretty, durable and very reasonably priced. I've bought most of mine on sale in the US, but would gladly have paid Canadian retail for them. There are tons of Michael Kors stores in Tdot now.

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
So I took it back. It wasn't the one - sure it was a steal but it wasn't comfy to carry (and ultimately it would have sat in my dressing room).

I'm thinking of one of these:

Bailey-Pocket-Hobo-B27120_A.jpg

Bailey-Convertible-Hobo-B29392_A.jpg

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
I've seen the non-convertible one in person and it is smooshy and lovely, but the convertible one would be great too for cross body etc.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd hit that. The leather looks so smushy. And it's big and spacious for work/everyday. That said, I'm not a fan of the wrinkles on the backside.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results