shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Another little antique treasure!

Owies Nana

Shiny_Rock
Very sweet...and another heirloom to pass down, which I know is something we both value!

Wear it in good health!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Owies Nana|1320012428|3050586 said:
Very sweet...and another heirloom to pass down, which I know is something we both value!

Wear it in good health!

Thanks, Owies Nana! Yes, you read my mind! Obviously this isn't my dream ring or anything like that, but with two daughters and a granddaughter on the way, I am definitely conscious of having some special pieces for my girls!

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Love it! Especially the detail on the shank!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations diamondseeker! Your new ring is gorgeous! I saw it as soon as it was listed, but I had already bought my first little OEC ring from the same dealer just a few weeks before. Mine is at my jewelers for sizing and I'll post some pics when I get it back, but they have such personality, don't they? These small stones pack a charming but powerful punch! I've always loved vintage pieces but always had "new" vintage. To have an actual art deco piece is amazing! I have the feeling that it will be the first of a few for me.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is so pretty! I LOVE the setting!!! Great find!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
DS -- you always find the most gorgeous pieces!! I LOVE this ring. It's really beautiful!

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!!! Love the detail! :love:

Enjoy your little treasure!

Cachette :))

renogirl

Shiny_Rock
It's just fabulous! Enjoy your great find =)

QueenB29

Shiny_Rock
It's gorgeous. :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
gemgirl|1320069746|3050969 said:
Congratulations diamondseeker! Your new ring is gorgeous! I saw it as soon as it was listed, but I had already bought my first little OEC ring from the same dealer just a few weeks before. Mine is at my jewelers for sizing and I'll post some pics when I get it back, but they have such personality, don't they? These small stones pack a charming but powerful punch! I've always loved vintage pieces but always had "new" vintage. To have an actual art deco piece is amazing! I have the feeling that it will be the first of a few for me.

Yay! I can't wait to see yours! Yes, they are charming little rings. I just love art deco, too. I am afraid it won't be my last, either!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks ladies! I know it is just a little ring, but I am glad there are others that really like these antique rings!

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
What a find!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:
Please, keep it! It's beautiful!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fantastic ring DS what a beauty! I've always had this seller in my favorites, just never quite pulled the trigger on anything yet but boy does your little treasure look Gorgeous!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks purplesilk and D&T! I still think I am keeping it! So far, the doubts haven't come!

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1320013767|3050599 said:

Wear it in good health!

Thanks, Owies Nana! Yes, you read my mind! Obviously this isn't my dream ring or anything like that, but with two daughters and a granddaughter on the way, I am definitely conscious of having some special pieces for my girls!
Gorgeous! :love:

Your daughters and future granddaughter are so lucky to have you :))

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jjc|1320119616|3051479 said:
diamondseeker2006|1320013767|3050599 said:

Wear it in good health!

Gorgeous! :love:

Your daughters and future granddaughter are so lucky to have you :))

j...you know, I only have one diamond passed down to me in my family. And how I'd love to have more special pieces. What my mother did have was divided between 3 daughters when she went into assisted living since she couldn't keep jewelry there. So I really have the desire to create some heirlooms.

Thanks, Danny!

April20

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!

.... scampers off to check this vendor out........

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DS it's beautiful! i love the details, and the overall 'shape' on the finger. just lovely!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is beautiful!!! :appl: :love:

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
I love the antique ring :twirl: Enjoy!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks very much April, rainy, Skippy, and armywife!!!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
everything about that ring is gorgeous!

LittleRiver

Shiny_Rock
I love it! :love: Are you wearing this as your e-ring while your RB is with Jon? Are you wearing it solo or with a band? I agree it has enough presence to grace your left ring finger!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, ckrickett!

LittleRiver....I am wearing it some as my e-ring and the rest of the time I wear my Memoire 7 stone band. Because of the setting, it really does have the presence of a larger stone. In fact, I feel like the size is acceptable and not like I am wearing a tiny ring at all. I have a very thin platinum band that belonged to my mother that I wore with it yesterday. But the grayness of the platinum bothered me a little next to the wg, so I may get a wg band if I decide to wear this one a lot. Or maybe I could just rhodium plate the platinum to make it match! It has really made me interested in antique rings, but I am so picky that I know it will be hard to find them with the setting and stone condition that I want! However, I was very fortunate with this one for sure! Thanks!

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock
DS,

That is very similar to my great aunt's ring, only yours is a little fancier. My ring has just the two "shields" on either side of the center stone and a plainer shank.

liz

JLW05

Brilliant_Rock
Very, very lovely. I would have been scared to order on e-bay but seeing your unique ring has made me realize that you just have to check out the vendor carefully. I just had my grandmother's restored.It dates back to the very early 1920's and might have been given to her used so it might be older. The diamond had been drilled out and the setting had been damaged. Bought a new diamond and had the setting restored. Your ring reminds me very much of mine only my setting is filigree.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LibbyLA|1331896389|3149911 said:
DS,

That is very similar to my great aunt's ring, only yours is a little fancier. My ring has just the two "shields" on either side of the center stone and a plainer shank.

liz

How lucky you are to have a family ring like that! I wish I had some family pieces. But I am trying to create some heirlooms for my girls and their girls!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JLW05|1331897164|3149914 said:
Very, very lovely. I would have been scared to order on e-bay but seeing your unique ring has made me realize that you just have to check out the vendor carefully. I just had my grandmother's restored.It dates back to the very early 1920's and might have been given to her used so it might be older. The diamond had been drilled out and the setting had been damaged. Bought a new diamond and had the setting restored. Your ring reminds me very much of mine only my setting is filigree.

Thank you! Yes, ebay can be risky, but my vendor had a good return policy, so I knew all I'd lose would be postage. I actually had one of my grandmother's rings restored years ago as well. At the time, I didn't have the money to put a diamond in it, so I just had them put a pale blue topaz. My grandmother's setting is yellow gold, though, and I don't like it as well as the white gold. I might someday replace the diamond and rhodium plate it...not sure at this point. I may wait and see if either of my girls wants it first.

I'd love to see your grandmother's ring! Please consider making a new thread to show us!

stci

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! :appl: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results