shape
carat
color
clarity

Another knife-edge thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Ok, so I''ve spent the past two hours (when I should''ve been studying
14.gif
), looking through old PS threads on the various knife-edge settings, and which are the closest to the original Tiffany. Along the way, I came up with some questions:

But before the questions! If you have a knife-edged solitaire, would you please post it and say from where you got it? That would be awesome!!!!
36.gif

Anyway! The questions:

1. Someone (Demelza, I think?) got her Tiff replica from Superbcert''s, which looks FANTASTIC, but when I checked out the website and went to go to the store to look at prices and whatnot, I was taken to Excel Diamonds. Is that right, or did I miss something?

2. Someone else (no idea who now) said they thought that Quest had the best Tiffany replica, but there was only one photos of someone''s ring and the thread about them had been deleted or is otherwise unavailable, and when I searched a few companies called ''Quest'' I didn''t find a ring that looked the same.

3. One of my concerns about the different knife-edges is how high they all sit, because I (normally) work in a classroom all day with young kids, so I don''t want anything too high. I was hoping for lots of handshots, but many of the threads I looked at were posted pre-proposal, so they didn''t include handshots. So, I''d like to see them, if you''ve got ''em! Profile shots especially.
9.gif

So, if you have profile handshots, please post them! And if you can help me out with any of my concerns/questions, that''d be great too!
2.gif
Thanks in advance (she says, in hopes that someone will reply!)
9.gif

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do not own a knife edge, but concerning your 3rd point - my solitaire is set up HIGH and I have 4 kids each 2 years or less apart and a dog too - It''s very "hands-on" - I''m a stay at home mom - they are very active and I''ve really never had a problem. You become very accustomed to it being there. I wear my rings all the time. Maybe once (out of a thousand times) I slightly nicked 1 of them during a diaper change - that''s all and I''m 11 years into this adventure. Just My 2 cents.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The best Tiffany repros are WhiteFlash, Excel/Superbcert (same thing), and Quest. They all set the stone very low as that is the style of the ring. There have been many, many threads on here comparing them. You might want to do a search for Tiffany knife edge or something similar.

Keys-Girl

Rough_Rock
Here is a hand shot of my knife edge from Whiteflash. I don''t think it sits high at all, actually probably lower than most solitares.
I get so many compliments on this ring, it''s a very classic look

jnwring3.JPG

Keys-Girl

Rough_Rock
Here''s another picture

jnwring4.JPG

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2008 4:51:08 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
The best Tiffany repros are WhiteFlash, Excel/Superbcert (same thing), and Quest. They all set the stone very low as that is the style of the ring. There have been many, many threads on here comparing them. You might want to do a search for Tiffany knife edge or something similar.
Yes, I explained at the start that I went through many threads for a couple of hours and had some questions that weren't explained in the threads, and was looking for profile shots on hands to get a feel for the height but didn't find them. Thank you for answering my question about Excel and Superbcert being the same company; that isn't self-evident, and checking old threads made me wonder if maybe part of the company had been sold or something.

motownmama, thanks for letting me know that your solitaire is set fairly high and not really a problem for you. I wear two rings every day, but they're set quite low so I wasn't sure how big of a problem it would be. Thanks!

Keys-Girl: THANK YOU!!! Those are the kinds of shots (well, the first one specifically) I was looking for while searching the threads here! That helps greatly!! What a lovely ring, and I love that it sits down low. Just beautiful!! Thank you for the photos!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results