shape
carat
color
clarity

Another help with decision

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gqmracerx7

Rough_Rock
I found 2 diamonds that I''m interested in and I am having a hard time deciding on which one to choose. I know my girlfriend is probably more interested in carat size than clarity but I thought with a little feedback from some of the helpful people in this forum I could make a final decision.

The first is the larger carat .99, but my concern is the GIA report stating "Additional clouds not shown" combined with the SI1 clarity possibly dulling the diamond some.
http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/diamond_Details.aspx?itemcode=GIA-14485699#

The second is less carat .905, but has an AGS report (w/ the number inscribed on the girdle), the girdle is a little thicker (better for the tiffany-style ring she likes), the cut, clarity, and color are better
http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/diamond_Details.aspx?itemcode=AGS-6640503#

Again, I know she likes the bigger carat diamonds; there was NO question when looking at 3/4 vs 1 carat rings!
9.gif
I just don''t have enough knowledge or experience about diamonds to know which one is really better for her. Is there any reasons that one makes more sense than the other? I know I probably making this more than it really is but any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Grant

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey gqmracerx7
35.gif
welcome to ps!
those are both great looking stones and the size is very nice!
2.gif

as far as the gia one have ''additional clouds not shown'' i would not be too concerned about it. clouds are comprised of areas of pinpoints and sometimes are not significant enough to change the grade. instead of making the plot look very messy by adding these pinpoints, the notation is made that they are there in the comments.
i love a good h/si stone and that .99 looks very nice! you can''t go wrong with either, but i would pick the .99.
2.gif

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would pick the 0.99 also, not only because of the size but also because of the depth.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
your welcome
2.gif

congratulations on your purchase!
36.gif
i hope you will come back and share pictures once the ring is complete.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats!
36.gif
I too hope you come back and share pics!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow ... I clicked over & somehow ended up on the third picture first - and it literally took my breath away. That .99 looks B-I-G!! And full of fire. GOOD JOB
36.gif
36.gif
Classic, timeless, lovely, sparkly. What more could a gal want???

Reminder: hand pix when you''ve "done the deed"
2.gif
.. and also after you propose
6.gif
(bah-dum dum!
20.gif
)

gqmracerx7

Rough_Rock

decodelighted,

Thank you!

I guess we''ll find what else she''d want!

2.gif
LOL After I propse I will see if my hand model agrees to pics, which I imagine she will.

I thought with the previous link that you could see the full-size pics but it doesn''t look like it so I''m trying something else below...

EngagementRing01.jpg

EngagementRing02.jpg

EngagementRing03.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results