shape
carat
color
clarity

Another e-ring question: what did/should you pick first, the setting or the stone shape?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
I guess they''re somewhat dependent on each other, so I''m not really sure how to go about choosing.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
they are somewhat dependent, however there is an endless supply of setting options as opposed to but a few basic stone shapes. i say, decide on the stone first.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
As I alluded to before, I never ever considered a marquise cut. But I fell in love with a setting that had a marquise in it and that was it for me. I had never seen any marquise settings that did anything for me at all. However, the setting I chose made me fall in love with that cut. Probably kind of an unusual situation, I would imagine.

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
I would definitely choose the stone shape first then the setting. The main reason I would do this is because some settings only allow for certain shapes. Especially if you choose a designer setting, if they designed it for a round brilliant stone, they will not set a princess in it, for example.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Pick you stone first, silly girl!!!
emwink.gif
You can always change the settinng pretty easily down the road!

koko

Shiny_Rock
Dani''s right.....1st comes the stone, then comes the setting, in my book! Otherwise, it would be like buying shoes first, then looking for the outfit to match!!
21.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Great analogy, koko!
I couldn''t have said it better myself!

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
My ring was like jazmine''s situation. My husband searched for a setting first and chose a stone shape that fit the ring style (see my avatar). He was very specific in what he wanted - something simple, but more unique, not just a solitaire, and a rb would look awful in my ring. So, there you go...

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
I think it depends on which one you''re more particular about.

Some people have a really hard time finding settings they like but like several different shapes of stone.

Some people feel very strongly about the stone shape they prefer but may feel more open to different settings.

Which are you pickier about? If I felt ambivalent about stone shape, I''d find a setting I loved and then a stone to fit it. If I liked a million settings, I''d pick a stone and then pick the setting that matched best. I rather think it''s a "package deal" and you have to find the package that works for you!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results