shape
carat
color
clarity

Another diamond possibility. Too good to be true??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cascadejim

Rough_Rock
Carats: 2.01 Laboratory Certification: EGL
Color: J Shape: B
Clarity: VS2 Price Per Carat: 2688.00
Depth: 59.70% Table: 59.00%
Girdle: -TN Culet: N
Polish: EX Symmetry: EX
Fluorescence: NNONE Dimensions: 8.22*8.26*4.92
Total Price: $5,402.00

Am I missing something here?

reena

Ideal_Rock
who is offering the diamond for sale

cascadejim

Rough_Rock
found it on pricescope.

reena

Ideal_Rock
what shape is the stone?

can you post the link?

reena

Ideal_Rock
someone more educated about RBs than i am will have to chime in here and help you, but let''s just say i''d be wary. there must be a reason that stone is so cheap.

cascadejim

Rough_Rock
I am wary as well, but the specs look good. I guess it''s time for a phone call...

reena

Ideal_Rock
maybe it''s a fisheye.

oh EXPERTS?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

No expert, but has it been "treated" in any way?

cheers--Sharon

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Generally, if the price is too good to be true it is. Honestly...this stone could be sold for what $11 or $12k? maybe a tad more? if it were so-so good? Why would anyone want to sell it for less than $6k? It is weird..check to see if it has been enhanced at all?

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
EGL stones will trade lower. But, I suspect this may be a misprint. Can''t hurt to call though.

solange

Brilliant_Rock
I am sure it is not a great stone but if it is a decent looking 2 carat and size is of primary importance (which it is to many people) it may be worth having a look at it.
People who are on Pricescope are mainly well informed and put cut and brilliance above all else. But the average consumer often does not feel that way and most people who see your diamond will just look at the size. Everyone has their own priorities.
If this is not a typo you might want to have a look at it if you really want size over quality and there is nothing wrong with that as long as you know what you are doing.
Will this company send the stone to an appraiser where you can see it before you pay? Many Pricescope vendors will accommodate you in that way.
It sure sounds like a lot for the money and if you are interested you should put a hold on it before someone else grabs it up.

cascadejim

Rough_Rock
Ok, now I know. Found out that it was clarity enhanced. Boo!

I figured it would be odd for a stone to be priced so differently. Damn CE''s.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results