shape
carat
color
clarity

Another cat thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
Also, if your kitty has a scratching problem, I've read that these work well - www.softclaws.com . I am thinking I have to put them on my beast. She is going crazy with the carpet and the old couch.... My new couch comes Thursday and I can't risk it.

Anyway, these soft claws only go on the front paws.

Good luck! I adopted a cat (my first ever, always had dogs growing up) and she is a love bug.

35.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/11/2006 3:29:29 PM
Author: pinkflamingo
This whole thread really makes me want a cat. Does anyone have any experience with severe allergies and treatments? My hubby is pretty reluctant to try, but I don''t know what is out there. He sneezes and wheezes and gets asthma attacks after a few hours of cats.
7.gif

I have heard that if you get a kitten and bathe it daily, it will help, as it is the saliva in the mouth that causes the allergies. apparently, the kitten will adjust to taking showers. I don''t know if that is true or not, but I read about some woman taking showers with her cats and they were willing. hmmm...

anyone have any suggestions?

We have family friends who have two hairless cats (not sure of the exact name) because of allergies and the father is fine with them. They are actually really cute and cuddle all the time (because they get cold). They have very fine fur. Most cats hate water but our male cat has kind of an obession with the our shower. He jumps against the glass door when we are taking showers and loves to poke around in there. Anyways FI took him in with him one time and he was very mellow about it. Maybe he was just in shock
20.gif
but FI escaped scratch free and is convinced our cat enjoyed it....he was upset once he was outside the shower and wet and cold
38.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/11/2006 3:12:01 PM
Author: sumbride
Male cats are the most relaxed but they also are prone to cystitis and you have to be sure to feed them good food to prevent crystal buildup in the Urinary Tract.
My Chloe (female, 10yo now) was a pound cat and I got her at 1yo. A painfully shy cat that was very skittish. She is still somewhat skittish but is amazing how she has developed complete and utter trust in me. She's such a love and adores being brushed and having her belly rubbed. She developed cystitis a few years back and even had to have kidney stones removed. She recovered perfectly and is now on a strict vet diet whose formulation prevents the formation of calcium oxalate stones. We get her food every few months from the vet. Haven't had a problem since.

I'm a huge fan of getting an older cat....I had a kitten in high school and he turned into such a MEANIE. However I knew what I was in for with Chloe and even the shyness has receded to a good extent. Won't use a scratching post though. Loves to shred my bed and dig her nails into the carpet. That's why I keep claw covers on her. She won't touch the leather couches though.
1.gif

ETA: I have orchids in the house. Chloe isn't brave enough to be walking all over the tables and counters and stuff, so even if I had poisonous stuff in the house, she'd never see it. However, I don't take the chance. I keep most plants out on my balcony, and the orchids inside. We did get a poinsettia for Christmas this year as a gift. I thanked them and put it outside my front door.

dendon

Shiny_Rock
We recentlyl adopted a cat from a local shelter. She was only 4 months old when we got her. She stayed home by herself during the day in a room that had toys, litter & food in it. I went home at lunch everyday to check on her and she was fine by herself. She is now a year old and doing great without another cat to play with. She seems very happy and content. As far as scratching, she hasn''t done anyuthing to our furniture although the rugs are a little scratched up, not much though. We bought her a kitty condo with a scratching post on it as well as toys that have the scratching areas in them. We don''t keep any plants in the house as I''m not familiar with the ones that she can get sick in.

Good luck with your new baby!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
FG.. those are like acrylics for cats, right? The covers? How do they work. People have asked me about them, and well... I keep forgetting to research them. What is the process? They last a few weeks right? Can you do it yourself or doyou ahve to go to a groomer or vet? How much does it cost?

Sorry to bombard you....LOL.

ETA: I went into the kitten area at the shelter today... which I normally do not go into... GOD! We have well over 50 kittens... and I mean KITTENS 6 weeks to 3 months old. It's ridiculous. I need to get these babies homes! I am usually (always) in with the adult cats and well... don't pay much attention to the kittens so I had no IDEA we were so over crowded. Geez! I'm tempted to bring a couple home just because.
11.gif

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy, I''m in San Francisco.

Okay everyone, I''m off to the SPCA shelter now. I just wanted to check in with this thread before I go, so I can go armed with the questions I''m going to ask. Then I''ll bring my bf there on Sunday with me to visit the cats and see whether he''ll bond with the same ones that I do, and we''ll go from there.

Thanks, and I''ll come back with a report!

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/11/2006 3:58:46 PM
Author: Grace43537

Does anybody have any suggestions as to a good cat food? Right now Peaches and Jules (my kitties) are on Science Diet and they seem to like it, but I worry about the nutritional value of the food. Another reply had some comments about the run-of-the-mill grocery store foods, and I agree, but is Science Diet really any better? The cats only get dry kibble and a small amount of canned food in the evening for a treat (spoiled).
Grace, you're correct in your assumption... Science Diet is not much better than the grocery store foods. They just happen to have a monopoly on the veterinary market, so most vets do carry that brand. Interestingly enough, I have heard from several vets that nutrition courses in veterinary schools are sometimes taught by Science Diet representatives... scary thought.
23.gif

I'll look for some of the articles/websites I consulted originally when I first started educating myself on kitty-nutrition, but as for good food suggestions right now: try Wellness, Innova, Felidae, or Natural Balance... they are the top of the top, quality-wise (among others!). I linked to www.petfooddirect.com in my previous post... they carry great brands and you can actually see all the individual ingredient lists for each food.

You'd be shocked at the difference in the top 5 ingredients in a food like Innova compared to a grocery-store brand like Friskies.You would also be shocked at how much less your cat will shed, and less they will use the litterbox, when you are feeding them only good ingredients and no fillers. I was AMAZED at the difference when I first switched Maya over!

Wet food is best (closest to natural cat diet... they are obligate carnivores so don't need all the grains/fillers in dry food), but some cats insist on dry (like mine!
20.gif
) so I just make sure she's getting the best dry possible.

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, and I am technically allergic to cats as well... but the immunity thing has definitely worked for me. When I would go away to college and then come back home to my parents'' house with two cats, I''d be a mess for a few days (itchy eyes, sneezing, runny nose)... but I always adjusted. And now that I have Maya, there are still days when I react, but nothing that can''t be controlled with my daily Rhinocort spray. She''s worth it!
9.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/11/2006 5:15:30 PM
Author: Gypsy
FG.. those are like acrylics for cats, right? The covers? How do they work. People have asked me about them, and well... I keep forgetting to research them. What is the process? They last a few weeks right? Can you do it yourself or doyou ahve to go to a groomer or vet? How much does it cost?

Sorry to bombard you....LOL.

ETA: I went into the kitten area at the shelter today... which I normally do not go into... GOD! We have well over 50 kittens... and I mean KITTENS 6 weeks to 3 months old. It's ridiculous. I need to get these babies homes! I am usually (always) in with the adult cats and well... don't pay much attention to the kittens so I had no IDEA we were so over crowded. Geez! I'm tempted to bring a couple home just because.
11.gif
I love these things!! http://www.softpaws.com/ same as the company that makes http://softclaws.com/

I get 'em a little cheaper on ebay. The package comes with the nail covers and the adhesive glue. I got Chloe the red ones but I don't recommend those cuz they remind me of blood, which always freaked me out. When those ran out I started getting the pink ones. They're cute. Chloe is 9 lbs and wears a small.

They are vinyl covers. I trim my cat's nails (all 4 feet), fill the nail cover with adhesive, squeeze Chloe's nail so it extends fully outward, and then slide the cover on the nail. I hold it there a few seconds to let it set. I glue these covers on the nails of the front 2 paws. Lasts several weeks for me. If one falls off, I just replace it. Typically though, I wait for most to fall off and then repeat the process. The first time Chloe was like 'what the hell is this' but that only lasted for a minute. She doesn't even know they're on anymore. Whether you can do it yourself or not depends completely on your cat. Chloe lets me clip her nails and put them on, no problem. I just lock the both of us in the bathroom, put her on my lap, and go to it. Some cats aren't so easygoing. If your cat gives you trouble the vet or groomer should be able to do it easily.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/11/2006 5:34:37 PM
Author: ephemery1

Wet food is best (closest to natural cat diet... they are obligate carnivores so don''t need all the grains/fillers in dry food), but some cats insist on dry (like mine!
20.gif
) so I just make sure she''s getting the best dry possible.
It''s funny because I was always told that dry is better for them (and their teeth)...but having a cat who has dealt with cystitis and kidney stones...they need MORE wet food to keep from having their urine be too concentrated! So now she gets alternating wet and dry vet prescription food.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
A quick pink paw cover pic of Chloe. ETA: Shoot, looks better on my computer, but you can still make them out.

chloepawcover.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/11/2006 5:28:48 PM
Author: Cinderella
Gypsy, I'm in San Francisco.

Okay everyone, I'm off to the SPCA shelter now. I just wanted to check in with this thread before I go, so I can go armed with the questions I'm going to ask. Then I'll bring my bf there on Sunday with me to visit the cats and see whether he'll bond with the same ones that I do, and we'll go from there.

Thanks, and I'll come back with a report!

OH! Well, if you have time for a quick trip... I HIGHLY recommend the SPCA shelter in Dublin! It's... the Taj seriously. I've NEVER been to a shelter this nice. And once the animals are there... I believe they are no kill and the 'cages' are the walk in closet sized rooms that you can really interact with the animals in... and the staff is comfortingly knowledgable about all of cats. I was quite impressed. If you take a cat from them... it open up a space for another animal to move on in to the NICEST shelter I've ever been to. It's a great place to really get to know the cats before commiting. And if Autumn is still there (can't imagine she still is) I highly recommend her!

Ephemery! Wellness, Innova, Felidae, or Natural Balance-- never heard of those! Will DEFINITELY be checking them out. THANKS! ETA: Wow, great ingredients... and it would save me $$ to try one of these. I pay 30 dollars for 10 llbs now. The only reason they are on perscribtion food is because one of mine is 2 llbs overweight and I free feed dry as one of mine is 1.5 llbs underwieght.
20.gif
So we were just looking for the most balanced food.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/11/2006 5:38:41 PM
Author: FireGoddess

I love these things!! http://www.softpaws.com/ same as the company that makes http://softclaws.com/

I get 'em a little cheaper on ebay. The package comes with the nail covers and the adhesive glue. I got Chloe the red ones but I don't recommend those cuz they remind me of blood, which always freaked me out. When those ran out I started getting the pink ones. They're cute. Chloe is 9 lbs and wears a small.

They are vinyl covers. I trim my cat's nails (all 4 feet), fill the nail cover with adhesive, squeeze Chloe's nail so it extends fully outward, and then slide the cover on the nail. I hold it there a few seconds to let it set. I glue these covers on the nails of the front 2 paws. Lasts several weeks for me. If one falls off, I just replace it. Typically though, I wait for most to fall off and then repeat the process. The first time Chloe was like 'what the hell is this' but that only lasted for a minute. She doesn't even know they're on anymore. Whether you can do it yourself or not depends completely on your cat. Chloe lets me clip her nails and put them on, no problem. I just lock the both of us in the bathroom, put her on my lap, and go to it. Some cats aren't so easygoing. If your cat gives you trouble the vet or groomer should be able to do it easily.

AWESOME! So many people that come to the shelter want alternatives to declawing and well... I am all for that! It would work for 3 of mine. The one who needs it most though... she's a TERROR when it's time to trim her claws. This is great though... gonna have to give them a try... can she still like, climb a cat tree?

ETA: Chloe is SUCH a gorgeous cat and those pink tips are SO cute. Love it.
9.gif

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my, Chloe looks adorable!!! Love her manicure!

I just got back from the SPCA, and it''s a lot like how Gypsy described it. I was able to walk into the rooms and interact with the cats, and they had their own beds, multi-tiered climber, food and water dishes, and litter box. Plus a few toys.

I absolutely fell in LOVE with two kitties. Their names are Toby and Molly, and they are such lovebugs! Toby was standing at the door when I was looking in, and I couldn''t resist his little lion-like face (he has little tufts of hair sticking out both his cheeks, so he really does look like a lion!) I spent some time with the two kitties, and they were soooo mellow! They just let me pet them and pet them, and they didn''t shy away once. Toby started purring the moment we stepped into the room and pretty much climbed right into our laps. Molly was a little shy for the first 5 minutes, and when she got used to us being there (a staff member had to be in there with me), she started rubbing her head all over me!! She would walk behind me and rub her head on my back, then walk in front of me and rub her cheek on my legs!!! I fell in love then and there. They are such cuddlers!!! They''re both lap cats, and Toby just let me do whatever I wanted with him. He didn''t even flinch when I touched his paws, which is such good news.

Now, I just have to discuss everything with bf. He wanted a kitten, and I want one of those two kitties that I saw today. I''m convinced, however, that once he spends some time with either one of the two, he''ll agree to take one home.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/11/2006 9:31:56 PM
Author: Cinderella
Oh my, Chloe looks adorable!!! Love her manicure!

I just got back from the SPCA, and it''s a lot like how Gypsy described it. I was able to walk into the rooms and interact with the cats, and they had their own beds, multi-tiered climber, food and water dishes, and litter box. Plus a few toys.

I absolutely fell in LOVE with two kitties. Their names are Toby and Molly, and they are such lovebugs! Toby was standing at the door when I was looking in, and I couldn''t resist his little lion-like face (he has little tufts of hair sticking out both his cheeks, so he really does look like a lion!) I spent some time with the two kitties, and they were soooo mellow! They just let me pet them and pet them, and they didn''t shy away once. Toby started purring the moment we stepped into the room and pretty much climbed right into our laps. Molly was a little shy for the first 5 minutes, and when she got used to us being there (a staff member had to be in there with me), she started rubbing her head all over me!! She would walk behind me and rub her head on my back, then walk in front of me and rub her cheek on my legs!!! I fell in love then and there. They are such cuddlers!!! They''re both lap cats, and Toby just let me do whatever I wanted with him. He didn''t even flinch when I touched his paws, which is such good news.

Now, I just have to discuss everything with bf. He wanted a kitten, and I want one of those two kitties that I saw today. I''m convinced, however, that once he spends some time with either one of the two, he''ll agree to take one home.

Oh! Is the one in San Fran like the one in Dublin too? I could not believe that one when I first went there (I can''t stay away from animals... when I''m visiting my family-- no one has pets and I just can''t deal so I''m always at the shelter). That''s awesome. I''m so torn about those. On the one they are great because you can interact with the cats and really get to spend quality time with them... on the other hand.. it makes me worry about all that space! So many other cubbies could fit in there.... Like I said I''m torn. But that''s GREAT for you. Toby and Molly sound like absolute LOVES! Are they medium or long haired? Great news on the paws! How was Molly about that? As for BF... he''ll come around. Umm... would you consider both? It sounds like they enjoy company (if they are together that might mean they don''t enjoy being alone)....

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Toby is medium haired, and the staff person told me that he''s a manx mix, so he''s got a small llittle tail with a kink at the end. Molly is short haired, and I didn''t try touching her paws, although I don''t think she should be a problem either. She kept rubbing her cheeks against me!

As for adopting both....I really don''t know. I would have to discuss it with bf, because it''s a decision that we both have to make. He''s convinced that a cat will make the house smell funny, which I keep telling him isn''t true, it''s the food that smells, not the cat. Cats are clean.

I''m working on getting him to agree to adopting an older cat instead of a kitten, so that''s number one on my priority list right now. Plus the staff person said that it''s not necessary to adopt both together, but if I was able to, it would be great, since the two apparently met at the shelter and bonded.

I''ll keep you guys updated as this goes along! I really really really hope I can adopt at least one of them!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s a GREAT thing your doing Cinderella. Would love the updates! Hope it all goes well.

As for smells... I find citrus scented products to be the most effective personally. I buy some Satsuma Frangrance Oil from Body Shop that works fabulous. I just burn it (away from where the cats can get to it) and BAM! Nothing. Usually after Tuna. Or when guest come over.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I have three cats and my house doesn''t smell!!! Keep the litter scooped, feed only what they can eat in one sitting (aside from dry), and don''t let them pee on the rug and you''ll be fine! I''ve actually appointed friends to tell me if my house ever smells like cat. Oddly enough, people don''t realize we have 3 because one is very shy. They think the one or two they see are just VERY spoiled, what with all the toys and scratchers and cat beds around!

I think those two sound great and if you could bring them home together they''ll keep each other company. Makes for much happier cats if they can play together, and since they are already bonded, you know they work well together! And be sure to tell your BF that adult cats are MUCH calmer than kittens. You''d have quite the ordeal with a pair of kittens, but a pair of adults... they''re ready to be loved!

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Cinderella, You''ve gotten lots of awesome advice! But I just thought I''d add that I have 3 cats and they used to scratch certain things a lot... but we were bad about training them not too... so it really wasn''t anything we had put effort into stopping until recently... and the trick is lemon! They don''t like the smell! So we put lemon oil on the woodwork, but I''m sure if you spritzed a lemon water or something (assuming your couch is fabric) I bet they wouldn''t scratch it. Its been pretty incredible that they haven''t touched the new woodwork... 3 mos so far! Just reapply every so often.

Also, I think your place will be fine for two cats. They''re very flexible and if you find two that get along, I think they prefer company over being alone... regardless of age... especially if you''re out all day. Sometimes introducing two cats can be very difficult, so if you can start out with two that are already living in the same space together nicely that may be better than attempting to introduce a new one down the line... especially a kitten to an older cat, obviously depends on the age and the particular cats too.

I hope you get your cat(s) - such a great addition to your household!

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
FG....I use the pink softclaws on Bunny too! They match her pink collar and name tag, so it''s like she''s coordinated!!! I found them on another website for a bit cheaper than the softclaws.com or softpaws.com websites....if you Google it, you can find the site that sells them for $15. One pack lasts me about 4 to 6 months.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/11/2006 11:47:42 PM
Author: AChiOAlumna
FG....I use the pink softclaws on Bunny too! They match her pink collar and name tag, so it''s like she''s coordinated!!! I found them on another website for a bit cheaper than the softclaws.com or softpaws.com websites....if you Google it, you can find the site that sells them for $15. One pack lasts me about 4 to 6 months.
36.gif
I just love the pink ones. The red ones always freaked me out like she cut her paw or something, and I wouldn''t order clear just because it''s easier to see when they fall off if they''re colored! Love the pink. Mine last forever as well...can never remember when I ordered them last, it''s been so long.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh goodness - it would be so great if you could adopt Toby AND Molly! I have 5 indoor cats and honestly if you have one cat, taking another won''t make a lot of difference except in the happiness you and the cats feel at saving another life, plus the cats having companionship. 2 cats won''t make your home smell honestly! Especially if these cats have bonded, being without a home and being each other''s security, it would be great if you could take both! I am not trying to twist your arm, just think about it before you say no!

Achio - so glad BB and Smokeyokes are doing so well - I have often wondered! Thanks for the update!

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Cinder - Toby and Molly sound like perfect choices for you... I'm so glad they found you (or you found them, either way
9.gif
)!! I like those names too... very cute. I SO hope it works to take both... it can be a little tougher to add an additional cat to a 1-cat home... so sometimes just getting 2 from the start is the easiest way to do it. And just to chime in on the smell thing... good quality food totally changes the litter box smell... that was another one of those weird things that you wouldn't believe is possible until you experience it. And enclosed litter boxes help too. Other than that, cats are just SO clean... my FI thinks it's funny that Maya always smells good even though she never takes a bath... haha. Great resource for a new cat owner: Little Big Cat - Free Article Library

FG - I'd definitely heard the "chewing dry food is good for teeth" myth too... but there were some studies done recently that disproved that. Cats actually don't do much chewing of their food anyway, mostly just swallowing! http://www.littlebigcat.com/index.php?action=library&act=show&item=doesdryfoodcleantheteeth

Gypsy - I really think you'll be happy trying out some new foods... I belong to a cat forum and people there are CRAZY about nutrition stuff... it took me a WHILE to absorb all the info out there. But if you'd like to know more, I would be glad to give you some links!! Also, when cats are eating quality food, they usually eat less of it because it's more efficient nutritionally... which can help with weight issues! I feel like such a fanatic about this stuff, but I can't help it... I'm obsessed with my kitty-cat.
31.gif
She even got her own section in "About Us" on our wedding webpage!!
12.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
yeah!
36.gif
We love our two cats. They bring us so much love and entertainment. We love just watching them. Post pics when you can!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/12/2006 10:41:49 AM
Author: ephemery1

Gypsy - I really think you''ll be happy trying out some new foods... I belong to a cat forum and people there are CRAZY about nutrition stuff... it took me a WHILE to absorb all the info out there. But if you''d like to know more, I would be glad to give you some links!! Also, when cats are eating quality food, they usually eat less of it because it''s more efficient nutritionally... which can help with weight issues! I feel like such a fanatic about this stuff, but I can''t help it... I''m obsessed with my kitty-cat.
31.gif
She even got her own section in ''About Us'' on our wedding webpage!!
12.gif

I''d love the links... I will need more food for them next week so it''s perfect. I hope Pudge loses a little weight. She''s not huge... on the fat cat chart she''s a 7 but still. She EATS though. Half the time when we switched food brands it''s because she liked the taste of something too much. We kept trying to find things she didn''t like that the other cats did.
20.gif
This is great though... I''d love more information on on the nutrition. I''ve always bought them the best food I knew of since I''ve had them... but I''d never even heard of these brands. Will have to check them out for our dog too. She''s on Nutro Large Breed Weight Management but I''d be happy to get her on something even better for her. She''s 5 1/2 now, and I worry-- she''s either a Belgian Shepherd or a Retriever/German Shepherd mix. I have her on Glucosamine Condriotin but well... keeping her weight low is the best thing. She was a porker when we got her. It took us 1.5 years to get her down to her svelte 92 pound frame.

LOL at the cat section on the wedding webpage. It never occured to me to do that... of course, now...!

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
It sounds like a done deal to me! Toby and Molly have put their scent on you....that makes YOU theirs!

Sounds perrrrfect!

>^..^

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/12/2006 1:39:18 PM
Author: blodthecat
I have always had an incredibly keen sense of smell....and if anyone has an animal in their home, no matter how clean...I can smell it.

EXCEPT...if the animal is a cat. They are THE most cleanest animal you could keep in your house!

Cats have an acute sense of smell, and if the litter hasn''t been cleaned, it will offend them as much as it does you!

>^..^< Blod

You can say that again. My roomate in college was a disgusting slob. Her poor cat would absolutely REFUSE to use the box and would use the floor right next to it if it wasn''t cleaned. (Linolium floor. I bought lots of bleach). Poor Sasha.

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
So I talked to bf, and his concern AGAIN was the cleanliness involved with having an animal in the house. I told him that older cats are MUCH cleaner than kittens, and they DON''T smell. He also said that it''s not fair to the cat in terms of room, because our house is not that big. I told him cats are fine with that, as long as they have a window to stare out of. So we''re going to visit Toby and Molly on Sunday, and I''m hoping that they''re going to be just as affectionate with him as they were with me. That would just melt his heart (although he''d never admit it) and pretty much be the deciding factor.

If worse comes to worse, and he doesn''t want to adopt, I''m going to volunteer at the SPCA. There are so many kitties there that want companionship and love, it just breaks my heart. Please keep your fingers crossed that I can pick up either one or both of the kitties!

pinkflamingo

Brilliant_Rock
oh, I hope you can get them!

Remind him that cats sleep 23.5 hours a day, especially older ones. they don''t need that much room, IMHO.

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
OK, here''s another cat-lover''s 2 cents. :)

First off, scratching. My kitties never used their scratching post until I bought this super awesome one....it''s by TopCat products, it''s the 29" Sisal scratching post. Just google TopCat and scratching post and you should find their site. Yes, it was $60, but sooooo worth every penny, even for a starving student! It never topples over, it''s even sturdy enough for them to jump and climb up!

Soft Paws/Soft Claws (same product, two names) are THE BEST!!! If you can trim kitty''s claws yourself, then you can apply the Soft Paws yourself too. My kitties wear them all the time, and my couch thanks me!!!

And I totally think you should adopt Toby AND Molly!!! Having 2 will be best...I had one for a year, and then I got her a little buddy, and I think she''s been happier ever since. They really love each other''s company. And I live with the 2 of them in a 654 sq. foot apartment, and I think they have plenty of space...have never had any space issues with them!

And you''re right...cats don''t smell!!! My tiny apartment has NEVER smelled like cat. Just change the litter box frequently and you''re good to go!

I can''t wait to see how it goes....I hope you adopt both Toby and Molly! They want to come home with you!!!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results