shape
carat
color
clarity

Another Baby Naming Thread - Middle Names

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I think I''m in the minority here. A middle name was not important to me at all. I don''t have one and neither do most of my family members. FI has one and often times I forget that he does.

For Sophia I would have been happy just leaving as is but when it came time to give a name, we settled on Sophia Lynn. I think it flows nicely and is a good divider between her first and her last name since her last name also ends with an A. She doesn''t look to me like a "Lynn" at all. But what I find hilarious is that I call her either Sophie Lynn or Fia-Lynn all the time. Go figure
3.gif

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
They're really important to me, personally. And I have to say that in our house, our daughter is the only one who we call by first name. Grayson is our son's middle name and we call him Gray. I go by my middle name, Trevor, and Nate's middle name is Nathaniel.

Savannah has Nate's moms name, Katherine, as her middle name. Generally speaking, we did plan to use family names.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Animals - Dylan''s middle name is Thomas, after Dylan Thomas. I just realized that Chloe does not have a middle name and am debating whether it is time to correct that.
3.gif

Bella - I saw the problem that you''re thinking of immediately, but I don''t know if I would have seen it if you weren''t asking pointed questions if that makes sense. Hmm.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bella-I actually immediately thought of "anger" when I saw those initials for some reason. But then yes the second more inflammatory thought came to mind too. I would avoid using those if you can.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Neatfreak, pinkstars, and blenheim,

Just wanted to be sure that I wasn''t totally over-the-top being too sensitive about this.

We''ll be using a different combo if/when we get to name a little girl
9.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/1/2010 11:38:57 PM
Author: Blenheim
Animals - Dylan''s middle name is Thomas, after Dylan Thomas. I just realized that Chloe does not have a middle name and am debating whether it is time to correct that.
3.gif

Bella - I saw the problem that you''re thinking of immediately, but I don''t know if I would have seen it if you weren''t asking pointed questions if that makes sense. Hmm.
Indeed Chloe needs a middle name. No favoritism, Blen!! :)

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
A middle name was pretty important to me since I ended up going by my middle name as an adult.

My son''s middle name (Galen) was actually my first choice for his first name, but DH wasn''t crazy about it. Then, when he was born, we both thought that he looked more like an Andrew, which was the name we had chosen for his middle name. So, he turned out to be Andrew Galen, instead of Galen Andrew, as I had originally planned.

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/1/2010 9:43:33 PM
Author: fisherofmengirly

ETA-- the middle names we like for girls are not exact names of our mothers, but represent them, because we feel that''s special and a way of honoring them. Example- Paul''s mom''s middle name is Jane, our daughter might have Jayne as her middle name. My mom''s nickname is Sue, so our daughter may have the middle name Suzanne, or first name Annaka (Anne is my mom''s middle name).
Oh, Fisher. Anneke is our first choice for a girl. I just adore that name. Sadly it looks like Annika is rising on the name trend so I hope that stops soon
40.gif

I''ve always hated my middle name so I want to make sure I think carefully over my future LOs middle names. I would never (and still don''t) tell people when they ask even though I know that''s silly.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I knew an Annika when I was little and she was the only one I ever met!

I think Annika is definitely rising, I have a friend who just named her little girl that last week too so it will be interesting to see if she''s the only one in her classes as she grows up.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results