shape
carat
color
clarity

Another asscher - worth calling in?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
1.00ct
Color
H
Clarity
VS1
Depth
67.2%
Tbl
57%
Lab
GIA
Gdl
stk
Cul
no
Sym Pol
ex ex
Measurements
5.62x5.61x3.77

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Medium blue flouresence as well...

cymbrie

Shiny_Rock

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
yep worth a look.
If its from WF or GOG ask if its from the supplier they have been getting the good ones from.
If its another vendor ask them if they know the source.
One of the top sources has been reserving the top H-vs class asschers for their own use is why Id ask.

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, we will call and ask the supplier. Thanks for the information. We really can only call one more diamond in, so should we call in the one above or this one or another one (any suggestions under $4000)?

Shape: Asscher
Carat weight: 1.06
Cut: Ideal
Color: H
Clarity: VS2
Certificate: AGS

Depth: 69%
Table: 59%
Polish: Excellent - Ideal
Symmetry: Excellent - Ideal
Girdle: Thin
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 5.70*5.70*3.93

Let me just say, I am begining to see why people just go to the mall and buy whatever round diamond they have
7.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Im getting better vibes about the first one.
Both by the numbers are ones Id consider calling in.

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, the first one is at diamonds.com and the supplier is Steinmetz Diamond Group and they cannot take pictures of it but they have a 30day money back guarantee and free shipping, unless we return it. The second one is from James Allen and we are going to call and see about suppliers/calling in protocol. I just don''t see how people make their business selling diamonds but don''t have the capabilities to take pictures, even for a small fee. And again, thank you so much Storm. I a so glad there are people like you that will spend their own time helping others and asking nothing in return.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d guess they won''t take pics because they know you are a zillion times more likely to buy it if you actually have it in your hands than if you have a just a picture of it.

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
You are right Kenny. It is just so hard being on the other side of this!! I think Pricescope should come with a warning label!

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, we are deciding whether or not to have the 1.06 brought in to WhiteFlash for pictures, idealscope, and sarin report. Any peer pressure or words of caution? How much should we be worried about the thin girdle?

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know about the girdle question, but I think from the numbers it looks really promising....If you do this will you lose the ability to hold the Quest stone? Are you letting it go? Is your BF OK with not seeing it in person?

I''d go for it!

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Quest will hold it for us to go look at again on Saturday. WF said they could have the stone in by tomorrow, so we could see the pictures of the 1.06 before we went back up to Quest and really look at it again. My bf is more open to going the picture route because of the really solid specs, for whatever they are worth. If we decide not to get the WF one after it is sent in it would be $50 and if we decide not to get the Quest it will be $45. Also, we are in-state for Quest, so we will be having to pay $200 sales tax that we wouldn''t with WF. LOL you can see how back and forth we are. My bf is just worried that everytime we look at the Quest one we will see whats wrong with it... but calling another one in is a big risk. The ex/ex symmetry and polish makes me feel better but I know there are asschers out there with perfect specs that aren''t great either...

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Well, we called it in. I hope it is ok and the thin girdle isn''t too bad. If this one doesn;t work out I think it will be the Quest one or a different shape and or gem stone. Wish us luck!!

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
I''m crossing my fingers for this one!

Did WF have anything to say about the girdle? I''m still clueless about it.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good luck!! I hope you love it!!!

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks! I really hope it works out. Now I a getting worried about the thin girdle though... anyone know if it should be a deal breaker or not?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
thin is fine
sorry about that had a very busy day at work and didnt get on much.

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
I guess you are allowed to have some life outside of PS
2.gif
. Thanks so much for everything. Now time to cross fingers and wait!! PS is the best!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2006 8:59:33 PM
Author: indecisive
I guess you are allowed to have some life outside of PS
2.gif
. Thanks so much for everything. Now time to cross fingers and wait!! PS is the best!
Id love to be on PS all day everyday but the pesky landlord wants his money every month and doctor bills are like leaches sucking the blood outa ya.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results