shape
carat
color
clarity

Another 2 Ovals to Compare

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jkchan

Rough_Rock
Here''s two other OVALS that I have found. Can anyone out there tell me which one is better from the stats given by GIA?

Carat: 3.01 Carat: 3.01
Color: G Color: G
Clarity: VS2 Clarity: VS2
Cut: VG Cut: Good
Depth: 67.6 Depth: 66.0
Table: 56.0 Table: 54.0
Girdle: Very Thin, Faceted Girdle: Med to Thick, Faceted
Polish: VG Polish: G
Symmetry: G Symmetry: G
Floures: Faint Floures: None
Meas: 10.85 x 7.74 x5.23 mm Meas: 11.06 x 7.98 5.34 mm

There doesn''t seem to be much of a difference between the two and I know I''ll have to look at them. But I wanted to check with you experts out there.

THX!!!!

Slykat12

Shiny_Rock
Gee whiz,
I am not a diamond cut expert at all but if you want a good cut it seems you should be following some sort of guidelines to find a good cut and not simply rely on a salesperson or website claiming the cut is good.

Are you using Atlas's fancy chart to help weed out stones? It appears a well cut Oval should have a depth around 59-63, thus your choices are too deep. I did a search using your preferences and came up with several nice Ovals in the 2.5 carat-3.25 range all from 32k-52 k. Go ahead take a look.

I would love to have your budget!

jkchan

Rough_Rock
Thanks very much for your input. I have tried to check out Dave Atlas'' site but don''t have all the parameters for a grading on these two stones.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Love the avatar kimberly!!

As for the stones, YUM!
3.gif
There really is absolutely no way to even guess which is better than the other...they both sound delicious on paper...I would definitely cough up the shipping fee (LOL... Yeah, like you''re worried about $35.00 buying a 3.0 oval
31.gif
) to see each stone...there would be no way to tell from the numbers and you could be missing out on a beautiful stone...

Slykat12

Shiny_Rock
Hmmm your response confuses me????? If I was buying a 40k stone I would look for stones on ps with all 1a parameters. You can get crown depth with a sarin. Get pics of the shape and an ideascope pic too. Of course that''s just me. I need guidelines when spending huge amounts of cash. I still think those stones are tooooo deeeepppp.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
LOL...sorry! Kimberly, the chart is a guide and there is absolutely no guarantee that a 1A will be a better or prettier stone than a lower grade... with fancies, it's all in the eyes! I'd rather have the prettier stone that gives me a little of everything that I'm looking for than a set of numbers! Dig?
10.gif
An example is that second superbcert oval..its got a depth in the 66+ range but I bet it's KILLER...just like the rest of their stones! The other stone has a 58 depth which is probably also killer!

I'm into the sarin! Not saying not to get one. But you can't tell much from depth and table alone...a teensy bit deep according to the chart isn't a reason to not call in a stone to see it and have it run!

Slykat12

Shiny_Rock
I hear what you are saying- but as I said I prefer to use guidelines. A depth of 66 is not a teensy bit deep. It is really deep. But as JK allready bought the stone that''s to late now.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I understand..I was giving *my* opinion as well!
2.gif
And yes, I saw this morning that she bought...I bet it's a huge beauty!
30.gif

p.s. just wanted to add that depth doesn't nec mean the stone will look smaller than some other stones of lesser depths...those tricky suckers can hide depth in a lot of places!

Slykat12

Shiny_Rock
A 3 carat fancy regardless of depth will look huge! And where I come from a house down payment. Lucky lucky lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results