shape
carat
color
clarity

Anniversary Band or Eternity Band as Wedding Ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ndnyhagen

Rough_Rock
Any preferences as to which you would choose and why?
Thanks to all!
37.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I love eternity bands, just my $.02.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
I am getting a channel set eternity band for my wedding ring
9.gif
. Can''t wait for it to arrive!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Eternity band!!!!

Midnight00

Rough_Rock
Hi. My husband gave me an eternity band when we first got engaged (we were both in graduate school). I then got a regular engagement ring and a five stone (1.25 ctw) ring as my wedding band. I love my eternity band, but I definitely feel more free with not having to worry about banging my ring. I''m a social worker in Manhattan, so I am always on the bus/subway, in and out of people''s apartments, doing activities, etc. I prefer not to have to worry about banging the bottom of my ring. I''m sure that eternity bands hold up pretty well; it is more of a mental thing for me.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am going through the same debate! I love the look of e-bands but the fact that you cannot size them really worries me. But to quote my FMIL she says "so what by then you will want an upgrade anyways!"
2.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would not get a full eternity due to the sizing issue.

ndnyhagen

Rough_Rock
Tacori,
That''s exactly my dillema. Except that I think my soon to be FI won''t be "all about upgrades". I''m petite and my weight fluctuates about 5 lbs. up and down every month. I''m all for more bling, but, at least with an anniversary band, you can resize it, if needed. I imagine that you can get the appearance of more carat weight on an anniversary band for the money, as compared to those diamonds going all around your finger.
37.gif

diamond_quester

Shiny_Rock
I''ve been debating between these too. Personally, I''d choose the anniversary ring if the stones are larger, for affordability and because the part that goes between the fingers seems uncomfortably thick (at least for someone who is not used to wearing rings). Prefer the eternity version for channel set with little diamonds. But can''t go wrong either way.
1.gif

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm...both are nice. What does your e-ring look like though?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2006 8:28:38 PM
Author: ndnyhagen
Tacori,

That''s exactly my dillema. Except that I think my soon to be FI won''t be ''all about upgrades''. I''m petite and my weight fluctuates about 5 lbs. up and down every month. I''m all for more bling, but, at least with an anniversary band, you can resize it, if needed. I imagine that you can get the appearance of more carat weight on an anniversary band for the money, as compared to those diamonds going all around your finger.
37.gif

I have the SAME problem. I wonder how much your finger really changes over the years...hmmm...interesting poll. Maybe some people''s don''t. I need to get sizing balls in my e-ring because it is already too big. Maybe I will get the same size e-band and put in sizing balls that I can take out at a later date. That seems strange though. One of the reason I like e-bands is I want really small diamonds in a 2 mm band. I don''t know what to do!!!
23.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
My body totally changed shape in the 5 years since I''ve been married (got married right after college and started my career, lots changes during this time in life!). I eat healthy and work out every day. I don''t really know why, but my build went from thin/small boned to bigger/athletic. In addition to clothing size changing, my ring size went up by about 3/4 sizes. So what I''m saying is, I didn''t eat myself into my larger ring size, but sometimes sh*t happens, and it could happen to anyone! I would love an eternity band, but what if my size changes again? That would be so dissapointing to not be able to size my band!!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
My weight has changed 45lbs and no ring size change.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Eternity bands can be sized a little bit, I wouldn''t let possible future sizing issues prevent you from getting what you really want. I personally like full eternity because I like the endless circle of diamonds
1.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2006 11:06:24 PM
Author: mrssalvo
Eternity bands can be sized a little bit, I wouldn''t let possible future sizing issues prevent you from getting what you really want. I personally like full eternity because I like the endless circle of diamonds
1.gif
I absolutely agree.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results