shape
carat
color
clarity

Andrew Sarosi rubelite ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gingersnap

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/17/2009 7:55:13 PM
Author:Kismet
It never rains but it pours... the Andrew Sarosi ring that I commissioned while at Intergem in November arrived today too. It looks fabulous. The stone is a 2.16ct rubelite cut by Ben Kho. It does have one fairly big inclusion in it that you can see with the naked eye but I don''t find it distracting. I kind of wish I had it made a little bigger so that I could wear it on my middle finger but oh well.

First up, a side view of the flowers (tulips I think) and leaves.
I like your weather!

I guess a ring as intricate as that isn''t so easy to resize. That detail is unreal! The stone looks so perfect in that setting. Good choices
1.gif
I envy the people who get to see you wear them
3.gif

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/18/2009 10:36:58 AM
Author: Stone Hunter

Very very nice. The color of the stone goes very well with the Yellow gold. Did you get higher kt gold, it looks so yellow!?

Congrats and TFS!!

I had to squint at the inside of the band (left my loupe at home) but I''m pretty sure it''s just 18k gold. I think it looks like higher karat gold because of the matte finish on the flowers.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/18/2009 11:02:11 AM
Author: gingersnap
Date: 12/17/2009 7:55:13 PM

Author:Kismet

It never rains but it pours... the Andrew Sarosi ring that I commissioned while at Intergem in November arrived today too. It looks fabulous. The stone is a 2.16ct rubelite cut by Ben Kho. It does have one fairly big inclusion in it that you can see with the naked eye but I don''t find it distracting. I kind of wish I had it made a little bigger so that I could wear it on my middle finger but oh well.

First up, a side view of the flowers (tulips I think) and leaves.

I like your weather!

I guess a ring as intricate as that isn''t so easy to resize. That detail is unreal! The stone looks so perfect in that setting. Good choices
1.gif
I envy the people who get to see you wear them
3.gif

I''m not sure about the technical aspects of resizing it but there''s about a half inch on the bottom of the ring that''s just a plain band so I suppose it might be possible to resize. I''ll probably just keep it for the ring finger for now at least.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh it''s gorgeous and so is Zoe! I love the color of the rubelite and the detail work is wonderful.

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Oooooooooooooooh - I''ve been waiting to see the finished result for this Sarosi piece, and it didn''t disappoint.

Honestly, it came out even better than I could have anticipated.

NICELY, nicely done, Kismet!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
gorgeous details! love the work!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous stone, nicely done ring Kismet

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing. I, too, had great experience with Sarosi's gems but never ordered a setting from him. Your ring has antique look. Delicate, intricate work, very high-class. Not cheap, not posh. Congratulations! I am sure you'll get many compliments on this ring. And the rubellite! Does it really look wine-red, or is it only the picture?

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2009 12:57:58 AM
Author: crasru
Amazing. I, too, had great experience with Sarosi''s gems but never ordered a setting from him. Your ring has antique look. Delicate, intricate work, very high-class. Not cheap, not posh. Congratulations! I am sure you''ll get many compliments on this ring. And the rubellite! Does it really look wine-red, or is it only the picture?
I guess it depends on what you''re drinking. It''s a pink-red with lots of flashes of hot pink.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
And for Cellentani who wanted more head on photos, here''s a few.

kiz-asrubelite10.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
And with less flash.

kiz-asrubelite11.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
on the hand

kiz-asrubelite12.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
last one.

kiz-asrubelite13.jpg

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
I could have sworn that I had already posted in this thread saying how much I love your ring, but I can''t find it! Anyway, I love the sides of the ring and the color of the rubellite is just scrumptious. It looks fabulous and I hope you wear it often!

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Kismet, very beautiful and unique, you must be so pleased. Looks fab on your hand also.

Zoe, nice Red Sox bed, snooze happily! Ask your mom for a gemmy tiara for Christmas, you have luvly fur!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results