shape
carat
color
clarity

and now im a downer....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
i just thought id share the news with my forum friends....my husband is losing his job. two days before the wedding he found out that his company is closing down his branch (213 employees!) in June 2010, and so i married a guy without a job...
3.gif
awesome. great wedding gift from his company, eh?

he may have to move to the middle of NOWHERE (we both have grown up in big cities/suburbs) to work for their sister facility that is 2 hours away from our house. he''s one of only 3 engineers his facility has, and is honestly a really smart guy. i''m just PRAYING that something else works out and he doesn''t have to go. he''s applying to a job there at the other plant as a safety net, and if he gets it and decides to take it, he has to move
32.gif

so far, he got a letter from them today that says he is surviving their first round of cuts and will have a job though Jan. 1st, 2010. given his position at the company, he thinks he will be around at least until march or april. however, if he takes a job at the other plant, he will begin around the first of the year and in april go there full time.

since i am still working on getting my nursing home administrator''s license, and won''t be done until at least july 2010, IF he takes the job, he will get an apartment 2 hrs away from home and stay there during the week while i finish up. then once i finish, we will have to decide we want to make the move to indiana together or look around where we currently live in ohio, or even move away all together to where we both can find new jobs.

however it works out- it just SUCKS to know that we have to go through all of this as newlyweds. lots of stress, but i know its all going to work out. its kinda weird- now that we''re married, i just feel like we will attack this as a team and get by.

so, send him your spare dust, and i''ll keep you all posted....thanks everyone!

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
That is awful, I''m sending you tons of dust! I hope things turn around for you both soon.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Aiy. I''m so sorry Charbie. It does sound like he should be in high demand being so specially skilled. Hopefully things will pan out. Is it all effective immediately?

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so sorry! What awful news. I believe everything happens for a reason, though... look for the silver lining and the open doors.

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
oh man charbie. that really does suck. i''m so sorry to hear about that. i will be keeping you and your fiance in my thoughts and prayers.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry you''re going through this so close to post wedding. Much dust and I hope it all works out!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry.
7.gif
DUST for a new job for your DH!!!!!!

If anything, I hope this brings you closer together...and helps him to find an even better job soon!

*DUST*

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
***DUST*** I know it must really suck, but hopefully there will be a silver lining!!

*****MORE DUST*****

lauralu

Brilliant_Rock
I am sorry charbie, it is not easy thats for sure. I wish you both all the best wishes and job dust I can possibly muster. Try very hard not to let this interfere with your wedding planning and all those special once in a life time feelings and events you go through.

I hope it is okay if I share my story with you.

My husband was layed off from his job almost a month to the day after we were married and One day after his birthday. We were devastated. After, I had a hard time enjoying my wedding photos and talking about our wedding, even looking back at photos after and listening to the music we played. As it represented a time when everything was perfect for us. We had weathered 2 job lay offs already and come back from them stronger and better. Our wedding was not only a celebration of our love and commitment but a celebration of what we had been through and survived as a couple. Our jobs were stable, our finances never looked better after so much work to get there. it was a beautiful day of celebration for so many reasons.

Than out of the blue last week his company called him back and he went back this past Monday to his same position and pay. They told him they would hire him back if they were in a position to do so when they let him go. Which they told everyone. Yet we never really thought they would. He was the only one brought back.

It worked out in the end....as it has always....

Now I have guilt about how I lost sight of that during the 4 months he was layed off with no job leads what so ever. I have lots of work to do to make up for that

It will be okay !!! Have faith, believe it will be just fine, and enjoy all of it. Good luck and happy wedding! :)

Amzizzle

Shiny_Rock
I love your attitude of taking it on as a team! think positive! Best of luck and I know you guys will get through it.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/18/2009 9:13:15 AM
Author: Amzizzle
I love your attitude of taking it on as a team! think positive! Best of luck and I know you guys will get through it.
My thoughts exactly....hang in there together!

Lori

charbie

Ideal_Rock
thank you burberry, amanda, coco, princess, bliss, ROL, amzizzle, and lori! there will be a silver-lining, i''m looking for it! he was thinking about looking for new jobs once the wedding was over anyway- we just didn''t realize he would HAVE to look for jobs!

mayachel- we don''t know the specifics yet, just that he will have a job through the first of the year- but will for sure be done at his current location by June, since that is when they will close the doors for good. so we are going to be in some limbo for a bit until we know if he a) got the job at his sister plant or b) decides not to work at the sister plant and finds a new job here in ohio.

lauralu- you have been through a LOT!!! i''m sorry things have been so crazy- but it seems like everything is working out for the best. thanks for sharing your story- although i know he won''t be called back to work (since they won''t exist anymore...) i do know that he will come out ahead.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
charbie... (((HUGS))) for you and ***DUST** for your hubby!

I know things in Ohio aren''t so great in terms of finding jobs right now, but here''s hoping the fact that he''s an experienced engineer will lead to something even better than before.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/18/2009 7:07:53 PM
Author: vc10um
charbie... (((HUGS))) for you and ***DUST** for your hubby!

I know things in Ohio aren''t so great in terms of finding jobs right now, but here''s hoping the fact that he''s an experienced engineer will lead to something even better than before.
thanks for the dust, vc! they aren''t great right now in ohio in any industry; but especially difficult when his experience is in automotive/manufacturing engineering. the dust around here seems to have been working, so i''ll take all we can get!

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
Charbie, I am really sorry to hear this. I think its great you are viewing this as a team and attacking it head-on. I am sending dust your way and hang in there!

purselover

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry, lots of DUST for you and your DH

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Charbie, what an upsetting thing for you and your DH to be going through right now. I would only suggest that you both try to look at it as positively as possible. Your DH has a job for awhile and can actively search while he is still working. I will certainly be hoping that everything works for both of you in an exciting way. *****dust*****

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results