shape
carat
color
clarity

And another first timer... : ) looking for suggestions...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KevinK

Rough_Rock
I''ve recently started the quest to find a ring...and found this site (which has some great info by the way).
I''m just beginning to familiarize myself with the 4 c''s, ...but I''m very new at this.
What can be said about "hearts on fire" diamonds, ..the cut?
I looked at some at a local jewelers, ...and they are brilliant, I was very impressed compared with what I''ve seen thus far.
...I was also scanning the White Flash site looking at diamonds such as these:
http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/Diamond_Details.aspx?idno=442498
http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-1879191.htm#

...they seem a bit less expensive than let''s say a hearts on fire 0.461 of similar gradings (priced at $2850). Is this because the hearts on fire cut is that much better, ...or was I given too high a price?

Is WhiteFlash a good site to purchase from? ...are there others that might be recommended?

I also got a price of $675 for an 18K (Platinum prong) "Serenity" setting. ( http://www.heartsonfire.com/JewelryDet.aspx?fr=T&type=6&collID=SERENITY&coll=Serenity&startrow=0&img=Ser1R )
Again, ...looking for opinions whether this price is ''high'' or within reason.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Kevin

...I am located about one hour+ of NYC

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
The setting is pretty, and considering the price of gold and plat., does not seem unreasonable. I am sure there are others out there that are similar, priced more or less depending on the variables. (weight, thickness, etc.)

I have purchased from Whiteflash, and I would not hesitate to do so again. My ring is in my avatar. I don''t know about that first diamond from them, but that second one is lovely. As far as the hearts on fire, it''s a brand. It will be higher because you will pay a premium for their name. Whiteflash also has a brand but they do not charge that shocking branded markup. That is one of the reasons they seem reasonable compared to HOF. As far as the quality of HOF, I would put an A Cut Above next to them anyday. I have heard that some HOF''s are gorgeous and some can seem not that great. For me, I think the one thing I have noticed about ACAs is the consistency of cutting. They are gorgeous. (every last one of them)

There are other vendors here who sell superideals without being branded and without the markup also. Good old Gold is one of them. Wink sells Venus by infinity. James Allen sells their Signature Ideals. I think you will find them all to have gorgeous diamonds without the HOF markup. Hope this helps.

shay

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/18/2005 4:48:59 PM
Author: Shay37
The setting is pretty, and considering the price of gold and plat., does not seem unreasonable. I am sure there are others out there that are similar, priced more or less depending on the variables. (weight, thickness, etc.)

I have purchased from Whiteflash, and I would not hesitate to do so again. My ring is in my avatar. I don't know about that first diamond from them, but that second one is lovely. As far as the hearts on fire, it's a brand. It will be higher because you will pay a premium for their name. Whiteflash also has a brand but they do not charge that shocking branded markup. That is one of the reasons they seem reasonable compared to HOF. As far as the quality of HOF, I would put an A Cut Above next to them anyday. I have heard that some HOF's are gorgeous and some can seem not that great. For me, I think the one thing I have noticed about ACAs is the consistency of cutting. They are gorgeous. (every last one of them)

There are other vendors here who sell superideals without being branded and without the markup also. Good old Gold is one of them. Wink sells Venus by infinity. James Allen sells their Signature Ideals. I think you will find them all to have gorgeous diamonds without the HOF markup. Hope this helps.

shay
you beat me to it..great summary shay!
36.gif

welcome to ps kevink!
35.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/18/2005 4:54:54 PM
Author: belle

Date: 11/18/2005 4:48:59 PM
Author: Shay37

I have purchased from Whiteflash, and I would not hesitate to do so again. My ring is in my avatar. I don''t know about that first diamond from them, but that second one is lovely. As far as the hearts on fire, it''s a brand. It will be higher because you will pay a premium for their name. Whiteflash also has a brand but they do not charge that shocking branded markup. That is one of the reasons they seem reasonable compared to HOF. As far as the quality of HOF, I would put an A Cut Above next to them anyday. I have heard that some HOF''s are gorgeous and some can seem not that great. For me, I think the one thing I have noticed about ACAs is the consistency of cutting. They are gorgeous. (every last one of them)

shay
you beat me to it..great summary shay!
36.gif

welcome to ps kevink!
35.gif
Catch me next time.
9.gif
Thank you for your kind words.

shay

KevinK

Rough_Rock
Shay, ...Thanks so much for the reply, and the info you provided. Thanks as well for the ''welcomes'', ...this forum seems like a great source of information...

Thanks,
Kevin

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
welcome to PS KevinK

Idd add something but shay pretty much covered it.

bottom line you can get diamonds that will run with the best of the hof diamonds for less money from the vendors shay mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results