shape
carat
color
clarity

An update

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
So a good lot of you remember me when I was with my ex... AKA justifying way too much BS for no apparent reason... to put it lightly.
Fast-forward to now, I totally understand what everyone here was telling me was going to happen. "You can't be with the right guy as long as you're with the wrong guy." I didn't realize how wrong it was until I met someone RIGHT. So cheesy but true.

We were passing by a jewelry store window yesterday and I told him that I was going to be annoying and walk in. Unfortunately for me, they had more watches than jewelry (which was mostly illusion-set :nono: ) and I ended up waiting for HIM as he was talking to the sales guy about watches. He's amazing.

He very subtly mentions engagement rings when we're out, so with it being the holiday season, I've started to train him. (For example: A Zales commercial came on during last night's football game. I told him its overpriced for poor quality, etc.) He's smart and got the hint that any jewelry shopping would be best with my assistance.

On a few occasions he's mentioned that he feels that I'm the One. That he's been searching for me for a long time and it almost scares him that he's finally found me. It would be "just a line" but he's not the most vocal with his feelings and took over 8 months to finally tell me that he loves me. So this is real... and it's amazing! So while I'm definitely not a LIW only because everything is happening so perfectly that I don't feel like there would be a wait when the time was right (watch, this was me jynxing it, I'll be here next year in a LIWitis frenzy :lol:)

So just wanted to share! Dust to all the LIWs this holiday season!!

audball

Ideal_Rock
YAY! I remember you. So glad you finally found the right guy! I completely sympathize with the statement of not being able to meet the right guy while you're with the wrong one. It happened to me too!

Sounds promising on the ring front too! Train them early! ;-)

Are you going to rejoin the list!? :) :) :)

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
So glad you commented Audball! I'd been following your whole story, from ex to amazing soon to be FI!
Also, happy belated birthday! :))

It's too early to rejoin, but I will if things go further re: ring. The antique jewelry show is going to be here in the end of January. If we happen to find my dream ring there.. then, well... that'd be amazing! (then I'll rejoin :razz:)

audball

Ideal_Rock
wakingdreams53|1354587891|3321848 said:
So glad you commented Audball! I'd been following your whole story, from ex to amazing soon to be FI!
Also, happy belated birthday! :))

It's too early to rejoin, but I will if things go further re: ring. The antique jewelry show is going to be here in the end of January. If we happen to find my dream ring there.. then, well... that'd be amazing! (then I'll rejoin :razz:)
That's awesome! It's wonderful when "old" faces resurface! I'm glad to have you back! And thank you :) :) :) I'm a happy girl these days!

I hope you find your dream ring!

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice seeing you again, walkingdreams. Glad to hear you found the right guy and things are heading in a good direction. How fabulous that he's receptive to your input about diamonds and rings. :appl:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for checking in with us, WD! I'm happy to hear everything has turned around for you. Let us know when you plan to 'rejoin'! :wavey:

audball

Ideal_Rock
IIRC - you're in FL too, right WD? We have got to meet up sometime!

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks again ladies, I've never been so happy with anyone!
Audball, hell yeah! I'm in Miami. Jan 31-Feb 4th is the international antique jewelry show. I went last year and it was incredible.
Since your diamond is an OEC I imagine you'd like it :))

audball

Ideal_Rock
wakingdreams53|1354767207|3323825 said:
Audball, hell yeah! I'm in Miami. Jan 31-Feb 4th is the international antique jewelry show. I went last year and it was incredible.
That's amazing! Is it in Miami?

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
audball|1354799468|3323989 said:
wakingdreams53|1354767207|3323825 said:
That's amazing! Is it in Miami?

Yes, Miami Beach Convention Center.

http://www.originalmiamibeachantiqueshow.com/

audball

Ideal_Rock
How cool!

cygnet

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I don't know you, but I'm excited for you!

Plus, antique jewelry show sounds like a lot of fun.

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Cygnet && welcome to the LIWs! that's how crazy happy I am, I'm posting in LIW without quite being one yet :)) :lol:

audball

Ideal_Rock
wakingdreams53|1354859651|3325174 said:
Thanks Cygnet && welcome to the LIWs! that's how crazy happy I am, I'm posting in LIW without quite being one yet :)) :lol:
You'll get there! :)

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Hi girls, just dropped in and say 'SNAPS to you! for being so awesome and finding just the right guy!'
How EXCITING. If it feels like everything is working perfectly...well it is!!

FWIW, my 'real' man was a similar sensation... a wonderful, joyful float down a gentle river on a lovely warm current....getting engaged and married seemed the most reasonable and obvious thing in the world to do....

no justification...no backpedalling...and certainly no BS...

so perhaps LIWitis won't set in for you at all...just a delicious anticipation of all the wonderful experiences unfolding....and still to unfold.... ::)

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, an antique jewelry show! That sounds lovely! :naughty: Are you dragging the SO with you? It might give him great ideas ;))

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
Uh oh..... I think I'm a LIW again!!!! (but in the good way this time)

In an exchange of very many sweet words, he let "slip" some phrases like, "I've never been inclined to "seal the deal" with anyone until you came into my life." and "I've even started doing research on jewelry....specific jewelry...."

AH! OMG!!!!!!! Then the next day our friend gets engaged, :lol:

I honestly hope he doesn't buy anything before the antique show (and yes, Madelise, he actually wants to see me in my "element" lol) -- I warned him from the very beginning that I'm very into jewelry and know a lot about diamonds. But he's such a romantic that he might not utilize my expertise!

LaraOnline, you're so right. Everything comes so naturally that I can't even believe that there was a time that he wasn't in my life.

AH! This is too exciting!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results