shape
carat
color
clarity

An update on insured shipping options......

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
The US post office now offers Express Mail services with an option to purchase additional insurance.

Trying to get a straight answer, of course, is another story.
2.gif

I shipped an item recently and wanted expedited delivery, but also wanted insurance. The clerk told me that Express Mail can be insured for up to $1200......the website says up to $5,000. You pay extra to add the insurance, but it is a faster way than Registered Mail to get something delivered and still have it insured.

Incidentally, for items exceeding $5k but not exceeding $25K, the Registered Mail is the way to go, and it can be used with First Class Mail and Priority mail.

FYI.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Thanks aljdewey!!
36.gif

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the info! My stone will be taking a little trip via USPS next week and the butterflies have already started
3.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks for clearing that up alj. do you happen to know the pricing for the different options?

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2005 6:08:21 PM
Author: fountainfairfax
Thanks for the info! My stone will be taking a little trip via USPS next week and the butterflies have already started
3.gif
Aww but it is going to be PERFECT!!!!

jennalyns

Shiny_Rock
You can insure up to $5K with express mail. I''ve shipped my jewelry a few times with them from Japan to the US with no problems- and they don''t charge import taxes to ship to military addresses, since it''s considered a US address (FedEx charges an 10% "customs fee," on the full value, whether it''s newly purchased or not)!! It takes the same amount of t ime as FedEx or UPS (from here). The USPS people also told me they only insured for $500, but their website says $5K, so I insisted that they look it up, and lo and behold, the amount in their regulation books was $5k!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results