shape
carat
color
clarity

An open rant to 97% of the people I know:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Dang straight, a huge party. Some of the girls who came in after us are not only engaged but MARRIED by now... not pointing fingers but... *cough*JC*cough*Croi*cough*
2.gif

My first ever post on this forum was to the original LIW list.

<---------please note time lapse here.
14.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/4/2005 10:29:45 PM
Author: goldengirl
Dang straight, a huge party. Some of the girls who came in after us are not only engaged but MARRIED by now... not pointing fingers but... *cough*JC*cough*Croi*cough*
2.gif

My first ever post on this forum was to the original LIW list.

<---------please note time lapse here.
14.gif
I hear you - ohhhhhh, I hear you. I joined PS in March of 2004. March!

Anyhow, keep your chin up, and enjoy your relationship. This is the fun part.
1.gif

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I used to be #56 and now I''ve been around #11 for MONTHS!!!

I''m just saying, I know how you feel
33.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Amen sistah. I''m #6. (Not quite up there with GG, LTP, JW, et al, but close.....my first post was also on the original "anxious" thread.) All in good time, right? Honestly, a TON of people have come and gone!! AAHH!!
20.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
He he, no worries ladies! I plan on making it all the way to number one!!!!!.... Or at least it seems my darling SO thinks that is for the best.
emotion-5.gif

Croí

Shiny_Rock

GG et Lauren et Blueroses et al ....

I am sorry because I agree with you all, it must get irritating sometimes that I (and whomever else), who joined almost a year ago have already got my engagement and my wedding ..... BUT I will say that I do know how you all feel and I think I more than paid my dues by waiting eleven years for my ex to propose, only to realise he was never going to and that I needed to walk away ......... so I knew I wasn''t going to do that again and I am not sorry I did things quickly this time round !
1.gif

If it''s any consolation IrishEyes was right too, the ''are ye engaged yet ?'' is just the start of the nosey-parker questions !! As soon as you are engaged, it''s when are you getting married ?? And after that it''s either ''when are you having kids ?'' or in Irish-speak ''anything stirring ??''
3.gif

or when are you buying a house (our current most-asked question) .... it just seems like each event just opens the door to the NEXT big harrassing-pressuring line of questioning !
32.gif

Anyway, if we all got engaged at once, what on earth would we talk about ??! I still come on here to check up on all of you and your news and I''ll be over the moon whenever the next ''cross me off the list'' post comes in ! You are my gals and I''m not going anywhere, even though I''ve ''graduated'' !

You all are stuck with me !
9.gif

and, on a soppy note, it was this weekend last year that P. first took me looking at rings while we were away for the long weekend ........ I was SO taken aback and flustered and just overwhelmed that I ended up in tears and we had to go for a drink !!!!
31.gif

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Aw, Caroline, sweetie, I''m only just teasing... I don''t begrudge any of you ''graduates'' your happiness, I think it''s all well-deserved.
2.gif

Matatora, when I first joined the list, and the girls in front of me started getting crossed off one by one, the bf said to me: "Well, let me know when you''re at the top of the list," in such a way as to imply that not only would he wait til that time, but also that he wouldn''t let me linger there long.

Ah, yes, and the classic "I''d say there''s an 80% probability we''ll be married by next November," said December, 2004. (Please note distinct lack of wedding plans in my calendar.)

.....okay, now I''m just griping. Actually we had a very interesting conversation last night in which he implied he''s further along in the process than I might imagine. While that certainly sounds promising, I have to say it''s been hard for me this past year and I''m rather trying not to get any hopes up. But at the very least, we got to discuss preferences regarding distribution of funds (stone vs setting) and involvement in the process.

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
Wow. I am so glad this thread got started. My boyfriend and I have been together over five years, and I get asked CONSTANTLY when we will be getting engaged. Just once I''d like to say SHUT UP!!!!
29.gif

The most enfuriating thing is that he never gets asked. I think it''s because he''s a guy and hangs out with guys. Engagements and proposals and weddings are not on the top of the list of things to discuss. I think that football and beer (masculine grunt) is more their thing. The pressure that I get is much worse than what he gets. And if I mention all the things people say to me to him, I feel bad because I really don''t want to be engaged right now, and talking to him about it makes him feel like I do.

Anyways, I work will girls who are all getting engaged/married/having children. And most of these girls are younger than me!! (I''m only 22!!) I feel like I''m holding up the fort all by myself.
14.gif

Enough ranting and raving.. Just glad to know there are others out there in the same position..

Shay

Shiny_Rock
I'm lucky in that people seem to ask in front of my BF. If I'm not quick enough to come up with a witty remark he usually says something along the lines of : "As soon as I can afford a giant bloody engagement ring... since you are so interested in the whole thing maybe you'd like to contribute towards it!"
9.gif

I must admit that it doesn't bother me as much these days... probably because my BF has told me he's proposing before the end of the year. Having that kind of a rigid timeline makes me a lot more zen about the whole thing.

I was always kind of tempted to just stare back at the asker and say "... I don't like you anymore" and walk away.
5.gif

Just noticed I'm number 13 on the list!!! Hope that's not bad luck.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results