shape
carat
color
clarity

An Insurance Lesson

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
True story!

A loving husband gives his wife a 3 carat diamond ring for their 25th anniversary, over a romantic dinner out on the terrace at Anthony''s (seafood) right on the water. In her excitement she shows the ring to the waitress and slips it off her finger to give the girl a chance to try it on and admire it. As she''s handing the ring to the waitress, she goes butterfingers and fumbles the ring up into the air and down, down, down right through a crack between the slats of the terrace and PLOP - into the water!

The waitress recounted this story to my friend the following weekend when my girlfriend dropped her wallet and commented about the wide gaps between the slats of the terrace/deck that''s suspended over the water.

The worst part? The poor husband hadn''t insured it yet
7.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh. No.
39.gif

Prime example of something happening when you least expect it. Honestly, on an expensive item, I just don''t get people who don''t drive straight to the insurance co. after receiving it.

What a BUMMER.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
3ct is worth hiring a diver too try and retrieve it.

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I thought the exact same thing about hiring a diver - perhaps they did, I don''t know. Wonder which of them wanted to strangle the other one more - the hubby lunging across the table at his wife for being so clumsy or the wife beating him with a baguette for being a bonehead and not insuring it first!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I think I''d have probably followed the ring
31.gif
!

What a nightmare though. I insured my ring before it had even left the manufacturer - I figured I could upgrade the insurance later, but at least the cost was insured.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This story actually makes me feel a little ill...or anxious even! How sad, I hope they were able to hire someone to find the ring. I bet a few people stepped up and offered to find it if there was a reward involved!

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
FYI, I did some research and found out that Jewelers Mutual (perhaps others too, don''t know) WILL insure a loose diamond if you have purchased a setting. In my case, I have paid a 50% deposit for a handmade setting that will take 4 weeks and the rep said this was sufficient. They just need the appraisal on the diamond and details about the setting. This means the loose stone will be covered for any damage during setting and, in my case, any damage or loss from the polishing I''m having done on my OMC. I feel so much better now!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results