shape
carat
color
clarity

An Amazing Sapphire Recut by Richard Homer

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And finally, the required hand shot:

small after P9291279.JPG

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 9/29/2004 8:15:20 PM Jennifer5973 wrote:

And to the eye, no size loss--what a great cut!
love.gif

----------------

The girdle dimensions were unchanged so the stone is the same size face up. Richard removed the excess weight from the pavillion only which is why it was easily set back into the original mounting.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
That's incredible. What a difference

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The recut really brought out the colour. What a super blue.
love.gif

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I appreciate seeing the before pictures with the ring, it really shows the depth of the transformation that took place.

I also appreciate your patience. I really needed that retreat at the end of last week, sorry that it made your ring take so much longer to get to you. (We discovered the ring was not sized about an hour after my scheduled departure as I was trying to get every thing finished so that I could go.)

Of course our flute player was on the phone with me and heard my frustration when I checked the size prior to closing up the package. Aaarrrrgggg!

The instructions were of course plainly on the job envelope, but my setter was trying to get the job to me a day early so that it could go out. Rushing always seems to cause problems. Fortunately for me you are a patient and gracious lady.

It was a fun project, I really look forward to our next one.

Wink

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wink, I really enjoyed this project also. The results were clearly worth the wait. I see these beautiful flashes of blue every so often.

So the next project? Recut a tanzanite? Remake an eternity ring? or Get a tennis necklace to match my bracelet? (talked to websailor about it last night, and it may be a while for the necklace).

sparker

Shiny_Rock
OMG!! cflutist - it is BEautiful. I just love the blue and always loved sapphires. Now I want want one. Where do I line up
1.gif
2.gif

Suz

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
It is absolutely amazing! The color is beautiful. Thanks for sharing!
1.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
No Brainer--TENNIS NECKLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
naughty.gif
naughty.gif
naughty.gif

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
Hi cflutist,

The ring turned out amazing! It is beautiful! Nice lawn too! Please share your next project with us. Have you posted photos of your jewelry collection? I would love to see it.

Best,

Lori

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are three more pictures which show the concave faceting:

small after P9301313.JPG

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's another one

small after P9301315.JPG

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One more:

small after P9301318.JPG

Blue Eyes

Shiny_Rock
Pure magic! Your stone and Richard's talent together have created a work of art!

I have 2 rings with Homer stones and think that I will be working on getting a peridot from him for my next project!

ENJOY!!!
appl.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blue Eyes, thank you for the compliment. I see that your stone in your avatar is very beautful. In fact, I think your ring is very beautiful. Richard sure does know how to cut stones.

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 10/10/2004 9:10:52 PM Blue Eyes wrote:

Pure magic! Your stone and Richard's talent together have created a work of art!

I have 2 rings with Homer stones and think that I will be working on getting a peridot from him for my next project!

ENJOY!!!
appl.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif
----------------

Blue Eyes,

Do you have any posted pics of your rings? The one in your avatar is georgeous!

raynebow

Rough_Rock
/sigh, i shall never look at another gem withoout thinking to myself, man, that'd be gorgeous, if only it were cut by Homer.

the change is spectaculr, and the new cut really makes that stone pop. gorgeous cflutist, simpley stunning.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 9/16/2004 8:18:25 PM Wink wrote:

I was particularly pleased that Richard took the time to photographically document all that he did to this stone to take it from the realm of pretty to extraordinary.

I think I shall have to dedicate an entire page on my website to this makeover project so that people can see what can be done. Will you allow me to do this? Will you send to me also please a before picture of the ring?
Wink----------------

Here is the link to the page on Wink's website describing this makeover project.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results