shape
carat
color
clarity

amethyst pendant

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought it at a moving sale. The owner of the store told me it was a "suffragette pendant". It as two amethysts, small demantoids, enamel and seed pearls. I never checked it with an antique dealer because I just liked it. One of photographs is taken in evening light and very dim but I wanted to show you reddish flashes (if they are what I think they are) and another one in diffuse light when it is overcast (hooray to Mr. Zeolite!).

The color changes to lighter, bluish, in daylight - at evening light they are very saturated - I wonder if it is typical for all amethysts.

amepend113.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is in incandescent light (dark, I wonder if you can see the red flashes or it is my imagination)

ampen111.JPG

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it''s quite pretty and interesting!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Wow! that is really cool!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty. I like the green with it.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is so sweet and pretty; I can imagine a youngish lady wearing it to an important event. The combination of seed pearls and dangle design reminds me of the antique necklaces.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/11/2010 10:08:35 PM
Author: Chrono
That is so sweet and pretty; I can imagine a youngish lady wearing it to an important event. The combination of seed pearls and dangle design reminds me of the antique necklaces.

Alas, Chrono, I am not youngish, but I am not going to get any younger, so I decided, let me wear any gem I want now, because it is not going to get any better! Plus, I was never able to afford gems in my youth, much less when I first came into this country.

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
What a pretty necklace and with a story!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty necklace!!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty, I thought it''s vintage at first.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Really unique!

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Crasru,
Your necklace is so cool. I did a quick google to find out what a suffragette necklace was and it seems that by wearing jewelry containing the suffragette colors (green, white and violet), women showed their support for the fight to allow women the right to vote.

Would love to see a neck shot.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/11/2010 10:38:03 PM
Author: crasru
Alas, Chrono, I am not youngish, but I am not going to get any younger, so I decided, let me wear any gem I want now, because it is not going to get any better! Plus, I was never able to afford gems in my youth, much less when I first came into this country.
Age is only a number; it’s how one feels inside that counts the most (or at least that’s what I tell myself every year as I get older
9.gif
). I second DiaDiva for neck shots if you are up to it.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty. Have you checked the internet for information?

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
It''s gorgeous!! I love the colors and the history behind it! I''d love to see a neck shot too :)

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/12/2010 7:40:59 AM
Author: DiaDiva
Crasru,
Your necklace is so cool. I did a quick google to find out what a suffragette necklace was and it seems that by wearing jewelry containing the suffragette colors (green, white and violet), women showed their support for the fight to allow women the right to vote.

Goodness gracious, you are putting me in such an awkward position! I always considered neck my weakest point, ever since age of 12! But since it is not going to get any better, I shall try to do it. Especially since it is actually a very low neck shot. And it is vintage, yes. I think the combination of colors (white, purpel and green) had some context in the suffragette's movement. If it is real suffragette, so much the better! Years have passed, but I am still showing my support for women's lib! It is great. (Seriously!)

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/12/2010 7:40:59 AM
Author: DiaDiva
Crasru,

Diva Diva, can I borrow your neck for the shot? Or can we ask Chrono or Arcadian to phothoshop my shot later? Using your neck, it is so beautiful, better than Nefertiti''s. (Hopefully, everyone remembers the Egyptian queen? I have seen an original in Berlin, so I can give my expert''s opinion - LOL).

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thats such a lovely piece. Dunno if I could photoshop that on a neck ( ok I COULD but there''s no telling what else I could do!
11.gif
)

-A

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Wonderful pendant. Love the colors and the interesting history. And, I agree about the age thing. When you are young, you figure that you can do something in the future. As you get older, you realize that if you really want to do something, the time is now. That is part of my justification for pretty things.

Thanks for sharing this most interesting and lovely piece with us.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/12/2010 2:43:27 PM
Author: Arcadian
Thats such a lovely piece. Dunno if I could photoshop that on a neck ( ok I COULD but there''s no telling what else I could do!
11.gif
)

-A
Sorry, hopefully I did not offend you. I just think you can do ANYTHING with gems and photography.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is so unique and pretty!

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely wonderful. Crasu - you have some fantastic pieces.
36.gif

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Charming! You have some wonderful jewelry. Enjoy, love the story that goes with it!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Crasru,
I am of no help because I haven''t the faintest idea how to photoshop.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank all of you for being so nice to me! Read about Suffragette Movement. Purple (dignity), white and green (chastity and hope) were typical for English suffragette movement. At the same time, a combination of purple amethysts, white pearls and green tsavorites (or emeralds) is typical for Edwardian jewelry. Identifying period jewelry is confusing, and I''d rather invest my money into a setting than verification of the period. Anyway, it is a nice piece.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results