shape
carat
color
clarity

Amazon has NEW KINDLE for $139 - Kindle 3 is released!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal said:
Risingsun, I have pillars of the earth and just bought world without end today (since the kindle price dropped) and BOY am I happy I can carry those two around electronically!

Seriously, TG :!: Let me know how you like the new books. I'm always looking for a good read.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
I want a new one! I have the US Kindle 2, and I love the look of the graphite.

Plus, while I love my Cole Haan cover, the brown inside cover has stained my white Kindle. I'd love to get a new one, but since my Kindle still works great....

Sigh.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
thanks, April :wavey: yes im very excited for the snazzy cover, SO thinks i need to be understanding if the cover arrives after the kindle, but truth be told ill be a little aggrieved if that happens!

Thanks for the tip about the cover loosening up - which cover do you have?

starshine

Shiny_Rock
I really like the *look* of the graphite...but looking at the true-to-size images on the website and reading the text on each several times, I did find the graphite border to be distracting and the white border text easier to read! Cool that they have larger images like that, so you can try each out somewhat! White it is! :appl:

starshine

Shiny_Rock
Should I get the extended warranty?

April20

Ideal_Rock
I can't remember which fabric I have. It's black with a swirly on the front and pink inside. Real technical description, huh? I posted a picture of it when I got it. I'll see if I can find the posting and add a link to it.

ETA: Found the link to my old posting w/ pic. post141605.html?hilit=kindle%20cover#p141605

On a different note, I've gotten into the habit of going to Amazon a couple of times a week and going into Kindle Books Bestsellers. They've recently seperated them into regular bestsellers and "Free" best sellers. The lists are updated HOURLY and I got five decent books this weekend. You really do have to sort thru the free ones because there is a bit of junk, but there are a lot of classics and several books from more current authors. If you check really frequently, you can get some great deals. A book I downloaded for free yesterday is $8.50 today...... I fostered my Lee Child addiction when I downloaded one of his books for free. I wasn't familiar with him at all and after reading it, I was hooked. I think they do that from time to time to boost sells of the new books when they're released. It works, because I get suckered into it! I will admit I'm too cheap to pay $14.99 and will hold out until they drop to $9.99.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Thanks April, very pretty! mine will actually be similar, kinda a bold, floral pattern like yours =)

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
I was just thinking of getting some sort of e-reader, and then Amazon came out with the new KINDLE reader... I was VERY excited, but then I got my early b-day gift... the HTC Evo!

I downloaded the Kindle App, and got a book ASAP (same prices as Kindle books), and was amazed how easy it was to enjoy a book on a 4.3 inch screen. I also go the Overdrive app, which allows me to get books through my local libraries for FREE! E-books and E-Audiobooks.

Not trying to discourage Kindle purchases, but just putting it out there that there are a lot of options, and that as phones become more multi-media, prices for e-readers are necessarily going to continue to come down... if you can wait, you will save a lot of money. Dell has a 5-inch screen phone coming out soon as well. With people getting access to Kindle books without buying Kindles, they are going to have to drop the price for sales to remain high. I read in bed every night now, on my phone. :praise: However, I would enjoy a Kindle as a gift, I just wouldn't purchase one myself at this point... my phone offers more versatility. Downside being battery life.

ETA: Kindle app is available on Android platforms, as well as the iPhone

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I want one of these so bad! Someday..

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results