shape
carat
color
clarity

Am needing of pricing help. So lost I am. :(

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dkimone

Rough_Rock
Newbie here. Am looking for a beautiful Diamond Emerald cut.
Budget about 10k.

I was quoted 9340 for a:
GIA
1.52c
F
VS2

VG-VG
8.17 x 5.80 x 3.64 mm
62.8%
72 %
No color flaw, or other flaw comments on stone (Per cert)
Vendor will send to GIA for verifying/engraving.

Was shopping around la jewelry district. But looking around for 1.52 size, I found a wide
range of prices. About 7800 - 9500. Which confuses me even more. Help?
33.gif

Thank you

YoungPapa

Shiny_Rock
Trade
dkimone,

Did you actually visit the vendor who owns this diamond and see it for yourself? The table percentage is a little high, but with a 62.8% depth you''re getting a very nice larger look.

As to price, you''re probably not comparing exactly similar stones when you say "7800-9500" price range. GIA graded diamonds are going to cost more than EGL or non-graded stones. Nicely cut stones with excellent proportions cost more than stones that are too long and skinny or have poor overall proportions. A "F-VS2" is going to be worth more than a "G-VS1". Assuming similar margins from vendor to vendor the quoted prices might have accurately reflected the value of each diamond. Spend some time learning about cut on this website and you should be able to go back to the district feeling much more confident in your ability to find a nice stone.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
the table is far too large and i would be concerned about the crown height...............and remember the cert DOESNT remark on the cut ....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results