shape
carat
color
clarity

Am I wrong in wanting an idealscope or brilliancescope report?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ring a ring

Rough_Rock
Am I being taken for a ride? From what I''ve learnt on this forum this is incorrect - " idealscope or brilliancescope, this is a tool used by
the "hearts and arrows, passion8, hearts on fire" brands and is just to show you the hearts and arrows pattern shown by the stones". The jeweller who is getting in stones for me told me who they obtained the diamonds from. When I emailed the source they told me the above.

Can a brilliant cut diamond that is not H & A have a good light return?

I just want something that sparkles....ALOT
2.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
an idealscope is a tool that helps determine light leakage. hearts and arrows viewers show h&a patterning. there is a difference.
yes, stones that are not h&a can have good light return..... but you will need an idealscope to check that.
2.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
ideal-scope is a very nice tool even in person because there often isnt well cut stones too compare the diamond too and the IS allows you to do that without having a ton of diamonds at hand.
The eyes have final say of course but the IS helps to verify it.

The b-scope if the report is available ill use it and consider it a nice peice of the puzzle properly applied but would buy without it.
Buying online I wouldnt buy a round without an IS or ASET photo or eqivalant like the lightscope.

Bman143

Rough_Rock
I agree with belle and strm. I would definitely be more comfortable seeing an IS image or similar to give you an idea of the light return you are going to get. Especially if you are buying online. Also, if you are buying online, make sure you buy from a place that you can return it if you don''t like it. A lot of places do this, and I consider it a requirement when making such a purchase. Good luck!

Brandon.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results