shape
carat
color
clarity

Am I weird?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
I am 5''5", 150 lbs, and wear size 10 AUS, which (i think) is size 6 US.

I do no exercise except for walking to and from my bus stop.

Am I really DENSE/HEAVY for my size???

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t think so, I''m 5''4 and 135 and just under a sz 4.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Hi Cindygenit,
This website might help you calculate your ideal weight: http://www.healthcentral.com/diet-exercise/ideal-body-weight-3146-143.html

I am 5''3", 128lbs, and according to the website I am overweight by 2.5lbs or 1kg to which I agree. I''ve been hanging out too much with Mr. Couch.
9.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also think people just carry weight differently and muscle / fat ratio can make a big difference as well.

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
i think 150 lbs is not my weight anymore.... i''m more like 145 lbs. Anyway, apparently i''m within the ideal weight range... but if i suddenly gain ten lbs i will be overweight!!

oh well :razz:

marcyc, i''m pretty sure i have no muscle definition at all since i do little exercise
20.gif

*Danielle*

Shiny_Rock
I am 5''4" and 140. I don''t feel I look as big as I am but I have thicker legs (muscle and the bad stuff)

Everyone is different

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/20/2009 5:41:57 PM
Author: joelly
Hi Cindygenit,
This website might help you calculate your ideal weight: http://www.healthcentral.com/diet-exercise/ideal-body-weight-3146-143.html

I am 5''3'', 128lbs, and according to the website I am overweight by 2.5lbs or 1kg to which I agree. I''ve been hanging out too much with Mr. Couch.
9.gif
I''m exactly the same, but I''m pretty sure we''re not overweight. Since this website measures my frame (small, medium, or large), it''s saying you''re overweight, but if you use a BMI chart you really aren''t considered "overweight" until 141lbs.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Absolute weight is not what is important, body fact percentage is actually a better measurement to tell if someone is "overfat" or not. Weight and BMI do not account for those people who have a lot of muscle. Also for health purposes, distribution of fat plays a roll, people who carry their fat in their mid section are at a higher risk for heart disease/diabetes than people who do not.

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Update: Weighed myself this morning... 136 lbs :)

Where did the 14 lbs go? Oh well
25.gif

Still i''d like to be 126 lbs...but i''m taking it slow and making smart choices in the food that i eat.

Funny fact: I weigh approximately 5-6 pounds heavier at night (before dinner) which means that i eat 5-6 pounds of food or more daily??? OMG what am I? A pig????

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/27/2009 8:52:45 PM
Author: cindygenit
Update: Weighed myself this morning... 136 lbs :)

Where did the 14 lbs go? Oh well
25.gif

Still i''d like to be 126 lbs...but i''m taking it slow and making smart choices in the food that i eat.

Funny fact: I weigh approximately 5-6 pounds heavier at night (before dinner) which means that i eat 5-6 pounds of food or more daily??? OMG what am I? A pig????
Well first, congrats for the weight loss!

And no, you''re not a pig. It depends on what you eat. Some foods are just heavier than others.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I recommend the book Eat, Drink, and Be Healthy. It really opened my eyes on how I could be much, much healthier and feel a lot better too . . . after I changed my habits, I stopped having headaches, constipation, etc., and I lost weight and gained energy. There''s a chapter on the E word too . . . exercise . . . in order to feel your best and keep yourself spry and strong as you age, you should incorporate weight-bearing exercise, cardio, and stretching. That sounds scary, but just adding a little bit here and there will make a big difference. I wasn''t overweight by any stretch when I started doing all this, but I pretty effortlessly lost 20+ pounds. I even started running! I never thought I could run a mile, let alone 6 . . .

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks! :) I think i will Look at that book since it has done you so much good phoenixgirl!

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 10:00:56 PM
Author:cindygenit
I am 5''5'', 150 lbs, and wear size 10 AUS, which (i think) is size 6 US.

Are you all muscle? Some people are more prone to building muscle. I''m 5''4" and weigh 130 pounds and wear a size 0-4 US depending on the brand. I also don''t exercise except for household chores and walking from point A to B, but I''m very lean and muscular. I build muscle from doing things like carrying the laundry. People always tell me there''s no way I couldn''t be more than 105 pounds.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/8/2009 5:13:39 PM
Author: Richard Sherwood
I''d have to see a picture of you in a bikini to properly judge.

Oh, Richard.

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/9/2009 1:05:19 PM
Author: Haven

Date: 8/8/2009 5:13:39 PM
I''d have to see a picture of you in a bikini to properly judge.

Oh, Richard.
LOL

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/8/2009 10:57:57 PM
Author: brightlight

Date: 7/14/2009 10:00:56 PM
Author:cindygenit
I am 5''5'', 150 lbs, and wear size 10 AUS, which (i think) is size 6 US.

Are you all muscle? Some people are more prone to building muscle. I''m 5''4'' and weigh 130 pounds and wear a size 0-4 US depending on the brand. I also don''t exercise except for household chores and walking from point A to B, but I''m very lean and muscular. I build muscle from doing things like carrying the laundry. People always tell me there''s no way I couldn''t be more than 105 pounds.
Ummm i think i''m quite lean... I have since learnt that depending on the brand i''m size 4-6 US (i can''t convert AUS size to US size so i may be mistaken :p

My FI was shocked when i told him how much I weighed hahaha

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/9/2009 7:12:48 PM
I know Haven, it''s pathetic, isn''t it?

By the way, I wouldn''t mind seeing a picture of you in a bikini either.
Richard! Behave yourself.
3.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cindy, I think people are often surprised to hear how much others *really* weigh because so many people lie about their weight.

You say you''re lean, so why worry?

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not worried, Haven. I always thought of myself as healthy...until I saw FI''s reaction to how much i weigh (he didn''t know till a few weeks ago).

I heard that weight is also affected by your natural frame and bone density.

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
This is a funny topic because I weigh a lot more than people think I do. And I mean A LOT.

I''m 5''7" and where a US 8. I''m currently pregnant, but my pre-pregnancy weight was always around 160-165. I think my boobs probably weight 20 pounds. Haha. And I''m only half way kidding. People always guess around 140ish.

I never look at BMI or what I "should" weigh. If I had a 34B/C like most women (instead of busting out of a DD) and wasn''t naturally built like a line-backer (upside down triangle. Very broad shoulders, no hips) maybe I would be an "ideal" weight. I just go by how I feel and how my clothes fit.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results