shape
carat
color
clarity

Am I the only one...

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
who is annoyed everytime my bf refers me to other people as his gf.

Maybe I''m the silly one here. I am his gf.. of course he''ll refer me as his gf.

However, knowing that we''ll get engaged VERY soon and being with each other for almost 6 years, I feel weird everytime I''m called his "gf." I want to be called his FIANCE!!! I''m disgusted with the words "GF".

DUST to all my gals!! Hope you guys will be someone''s fiance VERY SOON!!!

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
It doesn''t annoy me, however, I do think it''s a little silly at this point.
Although we''re still young and not officially engaged (i.e. NO RING!!!), we have been living together for several years with joint accounts, etc.
We''re not "dating" like boyfriend/girlfriend...so what are we???

My mom calls my "boyfriend" my life partner. Lol.

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
EXACTLY!!! I guess I''ve exaggerated a bit.
28.gif
It just feels weird and silly like you said.

MissMina

Brilliant_Rock
My former BF for seven years introduced me to one and all as "My Friend".
Maybe he should say "This is My Lady In Waiting"?

And what do you call him? I always said "boyfriend"
though the boyhood ship had long since sailed into the sunset.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
yeah its funny how there isnt a great term to describe the guy you''re going to marry before you marry him...unless you havent been together long.

Im coming up on six years too and boyfriend doesnt seem quite right. But then if you say ''partner'' it sounds like a second time around thing...

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
my bf was like "what do you want me to call u then? A friend I kiss and hold hands with?"
lol

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
I totally get what you''re saying, I just don''t know what the solution is for it. I always feel a little silly calling my SO "my boyfriend" because it DOES sound kind of juvenile. But I haven''t figure out a better way, although I will also refer to him as my "SO" or "partner."

His dad has been in a relationship with a woman for quite a few years (they''re both around 60 years old) and they only decided to tie the knot last year (3rd marriage for both of them). I never had ANY idea how to refer to her. It sounded really stupid to be like "his dad''s girlfriend" or "my boyfriend''s dad''s girlfriend," especially since they were older, committed people who had lived together for years and have joint everything.

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
I guess now.. I''m anxious to get engaged.. that''s why whenever he refers me to his "gf", it sounds painful to my ear.
23.gif

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Nahh, it doesn''t bug me. I''m cool with being his girlfriend, his partner, his SO...though I do have a preference for being called his princess
9.gif

Perhaps he could call you that for the time between now and your engagement? Heck, I wouldn''t mind if I was called that from now till the end of time! It has a nice ring to it.

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like being a GF, I think partner sounds so... I don''t know, "old" maybe?

crossmyfingers

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/30/2010 5:17:00 PM
Author: beezygal
I guess now.. I''m anxious to get engaged.. that''s why whenever he refers me to his ''gf'', it sounds painful to my ear.
23.gif

I agree with this. I feel like it seems silly to be planning on being married in less than a year and still calling one another "boyfriend" and "girlfriend". I feel like we are past that, even if we aren''t officially engaged, but I guess there''s not a term for that, nothing between "girlfriend" and "fiancee". Although he called me his pre-fiance once to a friend of ours and I swooned.
30.gif
Him addressing me as anything other than my name doesn''t really happen a lot. Most of our friends already call me his wife and he never corrects them.
31.gif

And I know he''s excited to put a ring on my finger pretty soon, so I''m sure he''ll call me his fiancee then because it is such a big step to him. I''m excited!

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
i know what u mean by saying boyfriend, when u live with that person and its so much more than dating, and even... u know theres a ring coming along soon enough!~! haha.. just hang in there.. I simply say this is "my love!" :)

Bellafelis

Rough_Rock
Oh, I totally agree with you. I always get a little surprised when he calls me his girlfriend, because somehow girlfriend and boyfriend just feel so casual in terms of how I think of him. I''m so ready to call him my fiance, or husband, that I''m secretly afraid I''ll accidentally call him that before he proposes. Hehehe.

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
I was talking to my bf about that. He was like.. ok... wat do u want me to call you? He''s like.. how bout I call you my "pre-fiance" (just like your bf, crossmyfingers). Then he''s like, but you don''t want people to know until we''re official. TRUE!!!

I feel like bf/gf should be a term for couples who started dating or before they know they want to be married to each other.

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
nicoleben!!!! I just noticed your quote. Are you into SATC too???

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
hahahahha YES I AM!! lol... i even dragged my boyfriend with me to see it.. Isnt that love? lol... But then again, he dragged me to see Ironman 2.. lol.. But yessss i have every season on DVD and own the first movie.. LOVE IT!! :)

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
I do have to say the 2nd one was cute, just a little drawn out on some parts, but still, amazing!

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
I also dragged my BF to see SATC2 on opening night.
9.gif

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
My bf went to see SATC 1 with me. Everyone was cheering at the beginning when the SATC song came up. Then, everyone is clapping when the movie was over. He was like "girls!"

I went to see SATC 2 today. I was going to drag my bf to see it with me. However, one of my gfs really want to see it, so I went with her. It was fun seeing it with someone who appreciates that.

nicoleben: I have EVERY season and the first movie on DVD too. OMG! whenever there's rerun on tv I make my bf watch it with me. I think he secretly likes that show. He always laugh watching it. He just doesn't want to admit that.

I seem to like the 1st movie more. I dunno. The 2nd one was good too though. What do you guys think?

MissMina

Brilliant_Rock
If you want to get technical you actually want to be called his fiancee.
I kind of like "Preancee". No reason not to coin a new word.

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
beezy- i definately think the first one was better than the 2nd, however i still enjoyed the 2nd one. And my b/f laughs when the show is on as well.. Men just will never admit it! When i was posting on facebook about going to the movies, he told me not to post that we were going to see SATC2, he wanted me to not hurt his manhood hahahaha

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/31/2010 9:22:32 AM
Author: nicoleben
beezy- i definately think the first one was better than the 2nd, however i still enjoyed the 2nd one. And my b/f laughs when the show is on as well.. Men just will never admit it! When i was posting on facebook about going to the movies, he told me not to post that we were going to see SATC2, he wanted me to not hurt his manhood hahahaha
HAHAHA!!! Your bf is so funny. I''m sure all the gfs drag their bfs along!!! NO BIGGIE!!!! My bf always drag me to watch HIS movies. He wants me to go watch A-TEAM with him.
32.gif

The first one is more about relationship and love. The second one is about the friendship. I wish I have gfs as TIGHT as they are! Maybe we didn''t like the 2nd one as much because we''re still LIW? We don''t really understand about the marriage/baby issue yet?

Should Be Studying

Shiny_Rock
I think I am the opposite. We have been engaged for about a year (together for almost 8) and we still refer to each other as boyfriend/girlfriend. I am starting to call him my fiance because I am getting into wedding planning (finally), but I like being a girlfriend, I guess because that''s what I have been for so long.

On another note, I am also a huge SATC fan. FI and I have seen every single episode (in order), and he joined me at midnight on opening night. I guess that''s a sign of a keeper
2.gif

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
hahaha yes these men r keepers for sure! lol...

also beezy- i know i want to be engaged for about a year or year and a half... have about 2 years for "us" time and then think about a little one. I cant wait to have a baby, but only when the time is right and were ready ourselves.. :) **Edited by Moderator. No discussion of personal contact information or social networking websites per the PS policies.**

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/31/2010 8:52:57 PM
Author: nicoleben
hahaha yes these men r keepers for sure! lol...

also beezy- i know i want to be engaged for about a year or year and a half... have about 2 years for 'us' time and then think about a little one. I cant wait to have a baby, but only when the time is right and were ready ourselves.. :) **Edited by Moderator. No discussion of personal contact information or social networking websites per the PS policies.**
OMG! I want EXACTLY the same. I want to be engaged for 1-1.5 years. I want to have a late 2011 wedding. I hope I can get engaged sooner so that I can enjoy my engagement for a little bit longer. Then, 2 years of quality time together.. and a baby. We're sooooooo alike.... **Edited by Moderator. No discussion of personal contact information or social networking websites per the PS policies.**

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/31/2010 6:53:39 PM
Author: Should Be Studying
I think I am the opposite. We have been engaged for about a year (together for almost 8) and we still refer to each other as boyfriend/girlfriend. I am starting to call him my fiance because I am getting into wedding planning (finally), but I like being a girlfriend, I guess because that''s what I have been for so long.

On another note, I am also a huge SATC fan. FI and I have seen every single episode (in order), and he joined me at midnight on opening night. I guess that''s a sign of a keeper
2.gif
I am sorta the same. I will not use fiance...I don''t know why but it sounds pretentious to me. Been together 7.5 years, engaged .75 years and won''t use the word. Sometimes I will say husband to be.

Also giant SATC fan...haven''t seen the second movie yet. I have seen every episode at least 5 times. I actually didn''t like the first movie at all. It was like catching up with a HS classmate and reliving the old times but realizing either you changed or they changed a lot and got really stupid/boring. Still seeing the movie next week though.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
I call BF my "partner"- He''s not a boy (he''s 30 this month), we live together and IMO are in a very long term relationship so why should that be on par with a 13year old girl and some boy she''s been "dating" for 2 weeks.

I think BF calls me his girl friend, I''m not sure because for some reason it dosn''t bother me nearly as much what he calls me as what I call him.

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
Yesterday, my bf refers him as my bf... and I''m like.. "PRE-fiance or Preance" (from MissMina)... and he just laughed and said it sounds like BEYONCE... lol

Should Be Studying

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/1/2010 6:21:42 PM
Author: nkarma
Date: 5/31/2010 6:53:39 PM

Author: Should Be Studying

2.gif

I am sorta the same. I will not use fiance...I don''t know why but it sounds pretentious to me. Been together 7.5 years, engaged .75 years and won''t use the word. Sometimes I will say husband to be.

Also giant SATC fan...haven''t seen the second movie yet. I have seen every episode at least 5 times. I actually didn''t like the first movie at all. It was like catching up with a HS classmate and reliving the old times but realizing either you changed or they changed a lot and got really stupid/boring. Still seeing the movie next week though.

Pretentious is the exact way it feels (when I say it, no offense to anyone else). I used to only say it with an exaggerated French accent, because that''s how it felt like it should be said. LOL. Now, I don''t think about it too much, and just call him whatever comes out.

As for SATC, I think the first and the second movie were very different. I enjoyed the first movie, but I thought the storylines were sad. To me, this movie felt like it was a bit truer to the characters from the series (of course in lavish and somewhat farfetched situations, but fun!), because they didn''t have to tie up loose ends and give you drama. It was like seeing old friends again, and seeing them on vacation, so they are a lot more relaxed. In the first movie, for example, Charlotte kept screaming, and she became a caricature of her character from the show. In this movie, she was more like her old self. I have heard a lot of mixed reviews, but I personally loved the second one. I thought it didn''t make any dramatic changes, so the original show and the memories from it are left intact. I just didn''t take it too seriously, and enjoyed seeing my 4 friends again.
9.gif
I hope you like it!

Should Be Studying

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/1/2010 10:48:58 PM
Author: beezygal
Yesterday, my bf refers him as my bf... and I''m like.. ''PRE-fiance or Preance'' (from MissMina)... and he just laughed and said it sounds like BEYONCE... lol

LOL! I like that!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results