shape
carat
color
clarity

Am I the only liberal who feels like just giving the F up?

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Re: Am I the only liberal who feels like just giving the F u

kenny|1479236352|4098884 said:
katharath|1479235432|4098880 said:
Kenny:

I'm sorry that your OP, which was (to my understanding) expressing your feelings and asking if anyone shared them - has devolved into this.

No problem.

Frankly I'm fine with wherever threads go ... whether I started them or not.
I like when people get things off their chests.

But thanks.

:)

I hope you begin to feel more positive. I'm not there yet, but I hope to be - positive, that is, plus watchful and ready to act as needed.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock

I post practically never. But yes I'm a liberal who was feeling it was hopeless. What helped somewhat, for me, is that I've taken a break from the news and don't plan on reading or listening much for at least the first week. That week is almost over, so maybe a little longer. I also decided that for every woman that voted for Trump, I wish them an unplanned pregnancy and being grabbed by the you-know-where anytime someone feels like doing so. Silly, yes, but it's made me smile. Haven't figured out what I wish for the men that voted for Trump yet. Open to suggestions. :)

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium

We can't give up.
If we give up, hatred and ignorance will triumph.
" “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”--Edmund Burke

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

Demon|1479236791|4098890 said:
I post practically never. But yes I'm a liberal who was feeling it was hopeless. What helped somewhat, for me, is that I've taken a break from the news and don't plan on reading or listening much for at least the first week. That week is almost over, so maybe a little longer. I also decided that for every woman that voted for Trump, I wish them an unplanned pregnancy and being grabbed by the you-know-where anytime someone feels like doing so. Silly, yes, but it's made me smile. Haven't figured out what I wish for the men that voted for Trump yet. Open to suggestions. :)

You wish them an unplanned pregnancy....becasue it makes you smile....????? :confused:
I don't find anything silly about that. What a truly awful thing to say :blackeye: :nono:
You engage in the very hate that you protest.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

back_away_slowly_kitten.jpg

sstephensid

Shiny_Rock

ruby59|1479183596|4098671 said:
sstephensid|1479183514|4098669 said:
AnnaH|1479183243|4098667 said:
LD, I hadn't planned on participating in this thread but found the safe space comment funny. Didn't realize that it would be considered hurtful.
Compared to the awful names I and others have been called here, it just seems like a little joke to me.
What names have people been called here? I do not recall posters being singled out and called a name. This is surprising.

I was referred to as troll - ish and should be ignored.
Do you know what a troll means? It is not an "awful name" nor in the same universe with things Trump has said.

katharath

Ideal_Rock

THAT didn't take long. Less time than I expected, actually.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

momhappy|1479238779|4098910 said:

You wish them an unplanned pregnancy....becasue it makes you smile....????? :confused:
I don't find anything silly about that. What a truly awful thing to say :blackeye: :nono:

Why don't we police people's fantasies. I think it is a useful way to spend our time. After all, our fantasies do so much harm.
"Die gedanken sind frei."

Deb :read:

katharath

Ideal_Rock

AGBF|1479239114|4098917 said:

Why don't we police people's fantasies. I think it is a useful way to spend our time. After all, our fantasies do so much harm.

Deb, I love your way with words!

katharath

Ideal_Rock

ruby59|1479239244|4098922 said:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3930834/Trump-supporters-attack-Wilson-Eschevarria-Anthony-Hobdy-arrested-Connecticut-New-York-police-hunt-suspect-choked-subway-passenger.html

Fantasies?

Well here is another reality.

Uh huh. And here is another.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ohio-state-student-arrested-after-tackling-anti-trump-speaker-160111812.html

Yes, there is violence on both sides. Okay.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock

Yep it makes me smile. The thought of anyone that voted for this man, who plans on electing pro-life judges that it is hoped will overturn Roe V Wade, will face just what he enacts pleased me. You can call it hate. I'd call it Karma.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3930834/Trump-supporters-attack-Wilson-Eschevarria-Anthony-Hobdy-arrested-Connecticut-New-York-police-hunt-suspect-choked-subway-passenger.html

Fantasies?

Please explain how this in any way relates to a poster saying "I fantasize that women who voted for someone who opposes Roe v. Wade will have unplanned pregnancies". I'm not saying it's a polite or nice fantasy, but this is literally irrelevant.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

I wasn't policing fantasies. I was sharing an opinion.
Why are you policing my post? I Did my post do any harm?
Ugh. Never mind. Not worth it.
Have a nice day, Deb.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yes. Yes it is. For everyone.

:wavey:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Well...this is a little off topic. But back to the notion of how men who voted for Trump could (in fantasy) be punished: I don't know. But it reminded me of the days when I still could get pregnant. I always felt that although it was unfair that women had to carry the burden of birth control, that it was really a good thing. Because you'd never be able to trust a man. He'd claim he was using birth control, and he'd be lying. Unless, I remember telling a friend, it turned his penis blue. That would be the only way you'd be able to trust he had actually taken his pill that day.

Sorry for the threadjack. Well, not really. ;))

Deb :wavey:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Fantasies?

and here's another reality in my area:

http://www.newstimes.com/local/article/Danbury-homeowner-spurns-message-of-hate-10615352.php#photo-11809604

Police said Monday they are investigating nearly a half dozen swastikas that have appeared in the city during the past two weeks. Officials with the state’s chapter of the Anti-Defamation League have also said that instances of hate speech including swastikas have been increasing the in the state in the past week since President-Elect Donald Trump won the recent election.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

As a Jewish woman, I can tell you that this has sporadically happened on Temple walls and some people's houses way before Trump even declared his candidacy. Nothing new here.

A heavily populated Jewish area in my home state a few years ago had hate mail put in their mail boxes. It happened way before Trump, so they obviously did not need his candidacy to do it.

Bigots and racists did not start with Trump. They have always been here rearing their ugly heads.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ruby, There actually was something new in Tekate's posting:

Tekate|1479240542|4098944 said:
Officials with the state’s chapter of the Anti-Defamation League have also said that instances of hate speech including swastikas have been increasing the in the state in the past week since President-Elect Donald Trump won the recent election.

Note the increase.

AGBF

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

AGBF|1479241019|4098946 said:
ruby, There actually was something new in Tekate's posting:

Tekate|1479240542|4098944 said:
Officials with the state’s chapter of the Anti-Defamation League have also said that instances of hate speech including swastikas have been increasing the in the state in the past week since President-Elect Donald Trump won the recent election.

Note the increase.

AGBF

I do not see the difference. On the East Side of Providence, many streets were targeted all at once.

So one at a time or a whole bunch together. Hate is hate.

If these people were doing something different because of Trump, well maybe.

But I have personally helped to wash off Swastikas and repaint my Temple on more than a few occasions.

So now with Trump maybe they are publicizing it more.

But I have seen my share of hatred for Jews even before Trump.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ruby, *increase* is the important word in that post.

Paris in particular in the last several years has seen a steep increase in *open* antisemitism which is behind the recent diaspora to Israel.

Increase, and its speed and intensity, is noteworthy.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

And what I am telling you is that before Trump these incidents still occurred but were not publicized or if they were it was in local hometown papers only.

So do we really know that they have increased? And by how much?

I cannot speak of Paris, but only my community and what I have observed as a Jewish woman living in a predominantly Catholic State.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock

AGBF|1479240355|4098942 said:
Well...this is a little off topic. But back to the notion of how men who voted for Trump could (in fantasy) be punished: I don't know. But it reminded me of the days when I still could get pregnant. I always felt that although it was unfair that women had to carry the burden of birth control, that it was really a good thing. Because you'd never be able to trust a man. He'd claim he was using birth control, and he'd be lying. Unless, I remember telling a friend, it turned his penis blue. That would be the only way you'd be able to trust he had actually taken his pill that day.

Sorry for the threadjack. Well, not really. ;))

True - the only way to be sure is to take responsibility yourself. As nice as it would be to have someone else do it. :) Maybe not blue penises, but blue other parts? :angel:

sstephensid

Shiny_Rock

Whether it increased or not- I don't have any data. I believe it has. I see "facebook friends" who never spoke a word until Trump started running. I was shocked.

If crimes have not increased, it makes what DJT says ok? For people who didn't vote for him you certainly will defend him until your last dying breath.

He says something - he didn't mean it.
He says something else - it was a joke
Again - you misunderstood

Rumors - but do you have PROOF?
Video - that was so long ago or all men talk like that in the locker room (I didn't see a locker room BTW, he was at work)
Sexual assault victims - they are lying.
KKK looveeeee him and his message - ???
At schools around the country racism rockets, racist graffiti in the name of Trump - how do we know it is increased?

But I'm not voting/didn't vote for him. Haha. And I'm Santa Claus. If YOU THINK WHAT HE DOES IS WRONG YOU WOULDNT DEFEND THOSE WRONG THINGS

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

sstephensid|1479243915|4098977 said:
Whether it increased or not- I don't have any data. I believe it has. I see "facebook friends" who never spoke a word until Trump started running. I was shocked.

If crimes have not increased, it makes what DJT says ok? For people who didn't vote for him you certainly will defend him until your last dying breath.

He says something - he didn't mean it.
He says something else - it was a joke
Again - you misunderstood

Rumors - but do you have PROOF?
Video - that was so long ago or all men talk like that in the locker room (I didn't see a locker room BTW, he was at work)
Sexual assault victims - they are lying.
KKK looveeeee him and his message - ???
At schools around the country racism rockets, racist graffiti in the name of Trump - how do we know it is increased?

But I'm not voting/didn't vote for him. Haha. And I'm Santa Claus. If YOU THINK WHAT HE DOES IS WRONG YOU WOULDNT DEFEND THOSE WRONG THINGS

Read my last post. I can only speak of my community and what I observe there.

I am Jewish. I wear a Star of David and a Chai around my neck. I can only speak for myself.

I personally have not seen an increase in my community or the areas I visit.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Several posters asked how we know that racist and anti-Semitic incidents increased as Donald Trump began his run for the presidency. I can only say that there are several respectable groups that keep statistics on hate crimes. One of them is the Southern Poverty Law Center. I am posting a link to their most recent report (on 2015). It is sufficiently complex that it does not just come out and say, "hate crimes increased in 2015". It is a pretty sophisticated analysis of what is going on in this country. If one wants a simplistic analysis, he should look elsewhere. The Anti-Defamation League also keep track of hate crimes and The NAACP posts about incidents and about pending legislation that affects them. It is not impossible to track hate crimes.

Link...https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/intelligence-report/2016/year-hate-and-extremism

AGBF

katharath

Ideal_Rock

Here are some things I turned up from a simple, quick google search. Whenever I have a question that I'm curious about, I find Google to be a very easy way to find answers. The sources being reported on are the Southern Poverty Law Center, which is a respected organization, and the FBI, which is another organization. These are specific to the number of hate groups, and the number of hate crimes against Muslims.

"The Southern Poverty Law Center anchored its annual report on hate in America with a picture of the leading Republican presidential candidate: Donald Trump.
The image underscores a theme laid out by the report’s author, about how hate speech has invaded mainstream political discourse in a way that might have shocked many even a year ago.

“I have been writing these Year in Hate and Extremism essays for 20 years now, and only very rarely, if at all, have we seen a year like last year,” said Mark Potok, a senior fellow at SPLC and author of the Intelligence Report.

There is “enormous rage in the electorate, the growth of hate groups and also hate speech in mainstream politics to an extent that we have not seen in decades”, he said.
Year on year, the SPLC found a 14% increase in the sheer number of hate groups, which rose from 784 in 2014 to 892 in 2015. Hate groups are generally classified as any group whose speech “maligns or demeans” an entire group of people, usually based on immutable characteristics."

And from a separate article:

"ATLANTA (AP) — Reported hate crimes against Muslims rose in 2015 to their highest number since the aftermath of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, according to FBI statistics released Monday.
Overall, the number of hate crimes reported by law enforcement agencies to the FBI increased 6.7 percent, from 5,479 incidents in 2014 to 5,850 last year."

katharath

Ideal_Rock

AGBF|1479245717|4098985 said:
Several posters asked how we know that racist and anti-Semitic incidents increased as Donald Trump began his run for the presidency. I can only say that there are several respectable groups that keep statistics on hate crimes. One of them is the Southern Poverty Law Center. I am posting a link to their most recent report (on 2015). It is sufficiently complex that it does not just come out and say, "hate crimes increased in 2015". It is a pretty sophisticated analysis of what is going on in this country. If one wants a simplistic analysis, he should look elsewhere. The Anti-Defamation League also keep track of hate crimes and The NAACP posts about incidents and about pending legislation that affects them. It is not impossible to track hate crimes.

Link...https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/intelligence-report/2016/year-hate-and-extremism

AGBF

Oops sorry Deb, was writing as you posted.

iLander

Ideal_Rock

ruby59 said:
Read my last post. I can only speak of my community and what I observe there.

I am Jewish. I wear a Star of David and a Chai around my neck. I can only speak for myself.

I personally have not seen an increase in my community or the areas I visit.

Sorry, ruby, but this made me laugh out loud. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have you personally seen Budapest? How about Ecuador? Geneva? No?

Well I guess they don't exist either. :D

That's hilarious . . .

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

katharath|1479245941|4098988 said:
AGBF|1479245717|4098985 said:

AGBF

Oops sorry Deb, was writing as you posted.

I am never sorry to see you posting, katharath. It always lifts my heart.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results