shape
carat
color
clarity

Am I overreacting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Oh boy....This morning my dog is acting off, his tail is completely limp (like a wet rag). He doesn''t seem to be in pain, really he is acting normal other than he won''t/ can''t lift or wag his tail.

I am taking him to the vet at 10am.....

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/5/2008 9:42:35 AM
Author:iwannaprettyone
Oh boy....This morning my dog is acting off, his tail is completely limp (like a wet rag). He doesn't seem to be in pain, really he is acting normal other than he won't/ can't lift or wag his tail.

I am taking him to the vet at 10am.....
Hang in there Iwanna, please keep us posted. What breed is he? No you are not overreacting, if his tail is limp he needs to be seen by a vet .

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t think you''re overreacting at all. You''re his mom, and you can tell better than anyone else when something just isn''t quite right with him. I''m glad you''re taking him to the vet! Let us know how it goes!
5.gif

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
He is a blue heeler mix.
7.gif

I am so worried and it makes me so sad that he doesn''t have his "happy wag" this morning.
15.gif

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
How old is he? Old enough to have doggy arthritus?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/5/2008 9:46:28 AM
Author: iwannaprettyone
He is a blue heeler mix.
7.gif

I am so worried and it makes me so sad that he doesn't have his 'happy wag' this morning.
15.gif
I understand. It could be caused by many things, don't panic! I know it is easier said than done not panicking, but hang in there, you are doing the right thing in getting him checked out.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
It''s always better to be safe, so you shouldn''t worry if you are overreacting...its your dog--I''d be the same way.

I hope your pup''s okay...
1237400wqzwintuen.gif

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
3 yrs old.

He had hip surgery after an accident last year.... I am so upset
8.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/5/2008 10:00:41 AM
3 yrs old.

He had hip surgery after an accident last year.... I am so upset
8.gif
I know you are probably more concerned because of that, but I am sure he will be fine!

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
He is the one in the back....
ThBoys22.JPG

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Is it possible that the limp tail is behavioral rather than medical?

Does he tend to "pout"--was he staying with a relative or did you recently take him to a place or do an activity that he really enjoys? Did anything happen to him that may have been upsetting for him? I know these seem like silly questions, but some dogs are really sensitive.

What happens when you place his tail in an upright position? Does it immediately fall or does he keep it up?

Byron''s tail stays down when he''s a.) sad or pouty or b.) having stomach issues (diahrrea, gas, etc.).

Better to be safe than sorry! Let us know how the appt. goes!

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
His tail usually curls right over, it was fine yesterday. It has no muscle feeling to it, you move it and it is just like a peice of fabric. He perks his ears but no wagging going on.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
awww, poor pup! Let us know how the appt. goes!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope your puppy is ok, Kathryn!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sending you a hug and hope everything is okay with your doggie.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, poor baby, I hope he''s ok! Not overreacting at all. Always listen to those "mommy" vibes.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
the tail has stuff in it, he could have strained it or sprained it, so I would for sure check it, but at least he is not in pain! Let us know!

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Ok, the vet says that it is probably a nerve that is pinched due to his earlier surgery. I have anti-inflamatory pills to give him until Friday, if there is still no change I am taking him back for x-rays to see what else is going on.

Fingers cross for the dean!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/5/2008 12:00:01 PM
Ok, the vet says that it is probably a nerve that is pinched due to his earlier surgery. I have anti-inflamatory pills to give him until Friday, if there is still no change I am taking him back for x-rays to see what else is going on.

Fingers cross for the dean!
Ok, hopefully the anti - inflammatories will help. I am sure there is a lot they can do for him, what a handsome chap!
30.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I''m with you, my dog would be in to see the doc in a heartbeat. Dogs don''t show pain/discomfort/illness the same way that people do. If there is something off about his demeanor, take him asap. Let us know if he''s ok!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Ooops... Just saw that you already took him. I hope he''s ok!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Iwanna, I hope the pills will help your sweet doggie. I would be so worried too, we love our doggies so much, don''t we? I am sending you a big hug and one for your doggie too. He is so cute.

Love and hugs to you, my friend.

Linda

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/5/2008 12:08:47 PM
Author: Linda W
Iwanna, I hope the pills will help your sweet doggie. I would be so worried too, we love our doggies so much, don''t we? I am sending you a big hug and one for your doggie too. He is so cute.

Love and hugs to you, my friend.

Linda

Thanks ladies!

Linda, I replied to ya in my who''s who....how was your trip?

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Fingers crossed for your pup! He''s beautiful by the way!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results