shape
carat
color
clarity

Am I getting ripped off???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stu1675

Rough_Rock
I was quoted a price of $10,900 for a GIA certified, 1.54ct vs2, H, diamond - 62.5% Depth, 58% table, measurements are 7.37 x 7.39 x 4.61. Both polish and symmetry are VERY GOOD, and there is no flourescence

can someone tell me if the price the jeweler is asking is a fair price

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
use the search engine above this post to get internet and posible b&m pricing.
If its somewhere in that range then your doing good.
Its the blue bar that says pricescope your diamond.

Petra

Rough_Rock
No, assuming princess or emerald cut. You could do better, much better.

solange

Brilliant_Rock
Is this a round stone? You should get a Sarin or Ogi report that will give you the crown and pavillion angles and an Idealscope image. Then you can run it through the Holloway Cut Advisor listed under tools above.
Also, it is a trifle deep. You could get a larger spread with a stone about 60 to 61 and still have an Ideal cut.

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
I believe it is a fair price for a rb. I''ve seen higher, i''ve seen lower. Have you seen the stone? Does it speak to you?

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Stu,

I''d recommend your reading the tuturial here, if you haven''t. This site has a certain focus on cut. The diamond you''re looking at may be well cut, but as writers have suggested here, you could do well to get more info about the diamond''s cut you''re looking at (i.e, crown and pavilion angles, not provided by the GIA cert, but otherwise available...possibly through your vendor''s distributor).

If you understand it''s cut well, the price seems more than fair, as you can see here for yourself. If you find it''s not, based on the relative additional cost, and value found for the effort, I think you may do better to continue to shop...unless...for some reason, as the other writer notes here, it speaks to you. Maybe...like that glasses commercial, where the eye-glasses speak French?

With best wishes, on this Christmas Day

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results