shape
carat
color
clarity

Am I getting a good deal on this diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ohbrother

Rough_Rock
I am certainly a novice. This is the only information that I have about this diamond. I guess that the only thing I''m concerned with is the Depth at 64.09%. Is that too deep?. I will be paying $6000 to have this set in a 6 prong Platinum Tiffany setting.

Cut - shape: ROUND brilliant.
Carat - weight: 1.83 carats
Measurements: 7.73 x 7.68 x 4.93 MM.
G Color.
Clarity: SI-2
DEPTH: 64.09% = TABLE: 60%
No Culet.
Very good Polish and Symmetry.

Graded by EGL

Thanks a great deal.

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/1/2005 7:57:32 PM
Author:ohbrother

I am certainly a novice. This is the only information that I have about this diamond. I guess that the only thing I''m concerned with is the Depth at 64.09%. Is that too deep?. I will be paying $6000 to have this set in a 6 prong Platinum Tiffany setting.

Carat - weight: 1.83 carats
Measurements: 7.73 x 7.68 x 4.93 MM.
DEPTH: 64.09% = TABLE: 60%
The stone is extremely deep. You''re paying for the carat weight of a 1.83 carat and getting a stone that faces up like a 1.70 carat.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
that''s way too deep. IMO. is this EGL-usa or EGL europen cert?

ohbrother

Rough_Rock
I think that it''s the EGL Europe. What about this one?

Cut - shape: ROUND brilliant.
Carat - weight: 2.00 carats
Measurements: 7.92 x 7.97 x 4.89 MM.
Clarity: SI-3
DEPTH: 61.5% TABLE: 60%
Color - grade: G
EGL Grade

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is a price for everything... and this one doesn''t sound pricey at all.

So... it is EGL and deep cut, and it may be far from optimal proportions... but it is not all that small for the weight (becuse of a flatter crown & large table , perhaps) and another like it would be close to 9k !

Why is this a third cheaper ? If the lab report does not come from EGL-USA or that SI2 is allot like I1 with visible inclusions these would start explaining the price in a not so pleasant way. If this is bought from a private seller rather than a jewelry shop, discounts are usual and this piece deserves appraisal if you have seen and liked it. Somehow, buying sight unseen does sound scary - even without all those questions to consider
2.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/1/2005 8:18:34 PM
Author: ohbrother

I think that it''s the EGL Europe. What about this one?

Cut two color grades, consider I1 and compare prices with GIA graded of similar proportions (esp. table abobe 59%). That should give an idea about how realistic the price is.

Really... there''s rarely a true bargain out there
7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results