clarity

Am i getting a good deal on this consigned Tiffany Solitaire

ncabanil

Rough_Rock
Re: Am i getting a good deal on this consigned Tiffany Solit

solgen|1432752371|3881888 said:
ncabanil|1432749845|3881874 said:
mrfat|1432745591|3881850 said:
I think I may have seen that very same ring though they quoted me $7500 OTD. :think:

It appears to be a nicely cut stone and I wanted specifics of the cut to use the HCA tool but they could not provide it. Being a Tiffany ring it is very well priced and still gives me pause for consideration. Unfortunately my gf would like a pave band and maybe even a halo. Tiffanys can reset the ring but the price was astronomical, roughly adding an additional 2/3 the cost of the ring. I did not know that they would change the ownership of the ring. They can resize it and also provide a new valuation report for a few hundred each. They are not willing to reissue the Diamond Cert though.

It's not quite the ring my gf wants but it's such a relative "deal" that I keep rethinking it. But she would rather have a different design and getting a ring that isn't her ideal and claiming it was too hard to pass up because it was a good or even great deal isn't a strong selling point to her. It sounds like you might be in the same boat. But if your gf is fine with it then you'll be hard pressed to find a better deal and you should go with it. Plus if you buy it then I don't have to think about that ring anymore and how good of a deal it is LOL.

*edit*
HCA of 2.8 isn't that bad but not the ideal I was hoping for. Also inclusion in in the table and it was somewhat visible so for me I'm going to pass. Still not a bad deal though.

What shop did you go to? Maybe it was the same ring. I'm curious lol.

My GF isn't a diamond snob, and doesn't really get into the specifics of the diamond (that's more for me :angel: ). Basically every store i've taken her to, she's loved the diamonds/rings. She LOVED the Tiffany solitaire when i took her to the Tiffany Store in Glendale, CA. She would probably prefer to have the channel-set band, but also knows that its quite a bit more expensive than the classic solitaire design.

When looking at the diamond under magnification, the inclusion on the table didn't really bother me, because it didn't hurt the performance of the diamond much, if at all. It was brilliant to the eye and sparkled like crazy.

I've looked around at loose diamonds in the DTLA area (shops that have prominent online websites and presence) and a 1.23 ct GIA certified G color VS2 clarity diamond starts at $8k. At $7K, this ring would be quite a deal even if it wasn't a Tiffany ring. Throw in the fact that it includes the platinum setting w/ Tiffany markings, and a copy of the Tiffany Cert, and it's a crazy deal, to me.

Don't mention the name of the store as someone else might try to steal it out from under you. Since she loves Tiffany then this is practically a no brainer. It's a good deal and the inclusion isn't really noticeable so if the store has a decent return policy you should go and put a deposit on it.

I wasn't gonna confirm nor deny the shop. I just wanted to see what shops MrFat visited lol.

I sent an email to the jeweler asking if he would courtesy hold it until i can come in and pay for it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results