carat
color
clarity

Am I being too picky?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JDDN|1439405044|3913775 said:
I definitely do not think you're being too picky. It can be really hard to have a vision come to fruition in a custom piece. So many on PS know that from experience (I am one of them!). And lots on PS have done countless resets, so you have found your tribe, lol.

It takes some courage to ask for feedback and constructive advice on a sentimental piece and I feel you have taken the comments very graciously.

Sometimes photos of inspiration rings can help when communicating with the jeweler. Someone like David Klass who has a lot of experience creating many different style rings with many different types of stones could be a great option for you. Just look at his Facebook page and you will see.

I like princess cuts but they're not my personal favorite, but that is totally irrelevant. It's what you love and it's your ring. That being said, I think the traps will look smashing with your princess center stone if set a bit differently. I think your ring would be spectacular with a bit more fluidity and simplicity to highlight the lovely center stone and trap side stones. I do feel the center stone and traps look kind of plunked down on the shank. I'm wondering if the three stones could be more integrated into the shank and that could help with the overall silhouette.

In any event, please come back if you need inspiration or feedback on future CADS. I hope you find your dream design for your lovely stones!

Agree with this. DK came to mind for me also with regards to this specific project. Lodilaker, I think you can get better workmanship than you currently have for your ring; even were you to stay with the design you have, it could be more elegantly constructed. I'd be looking for a different jeweler as a first step, and David Klass would be a good fit for you. He's also a lovely man, and I think you'd enjoy the process.

No judgment here on 5 remakes; one of the joys of having diamonds is that you get to play with them as you wish. A bunch of mine have had more than one setting - then ultimately been sold as well! Apart from anything else, jewelry fashions change - to say nothing of my personal tastes.

I agree with JDDN in looking for something more fluid. Traps with a princess are great for that, as they sculpture a princess diamond into the finger. Tapered baguettes as well are even better, so do please give that some thought; personally, I think that 5 stone arrangement (princess + traps + tapered baguettes) is smashing!

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is what I was picturing, if you like the sort of style but done by a different jeweller... I like princess cuts, and I think you can really make something great out of what you have!

_649.png

Lodilaker

Rough_Rock
telephone89|1439410082|3913819 said:
This is what I was picturing, if you like the sort of style but done by a different jeweller... I like princess cuts, and I think you can really make something great out of what you have!

Boy were you on the money! The attached pic was the impetus of this adventure but I wanted to replace the princess sides with traps. The pic shown has a matching wedding ring with it....yesterday I made a paper template and put it over the ring just like you did with this photoshop! Too funny!! Sooooo.... To have a thin row of pave or channel in the band or not?

_33202.jpg

_33203.jpg

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
I also love princess cuts, and I think I would leave the shank plain, with no extra diamonds. I think the large center stone and the bullets will give you massive finger coverage, and you could definitely pair with a blingy pave or diamond band of rounds, but I'd keep the engagement ring look simple and sleek. Just an opinion! Excited to see what comes of this. Please do share the results. :bigsmile:

Lodilaker

Rough_Rock
Wanted to share my re-do pics...Hope you like them.

_5742.jpeg

_5743.jpeg

_5744.jpeg

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your reset - it's lovely! It's very elegant and feminine. I hope you get many years of enjoyment wearing it after working so hard at finding the perfect setting. I love your wedding band. It's a nice compliment to your engagement ring without being an exact match and is also perfect to wear on its own for days you don't want to wear your complete set.

Lodilaker

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much! I just got the band yesterday from Shane Co. Didn't want an exact match and was a little worried the band would look to large, but very happy with it!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is beautiful! I would love to see a collection of pictures for the previous 4 settings so that we can see your journey.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty - hope you love it!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks very pretty...wish you had left the original picks so we could see what it evolved from!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe start a new thread. I almost missed seeing your new ring! Enjoy!

mco312

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I love the reset! I hope you do too!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So gorgeous!! I really like the style --it's super elegant. Definitely start a new thread for this piece!

Downsy

Shiny_Rock
Wow it's beautiful. I'm late to the party and missed seeing the original, but this new setting is just lovely!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results