shape
carat
color
clarity

Am I asking for too much? Three stone w/baguettes

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rosierock

Rough_Rock
Hi,
I''m new here and really enjoying all the good information and experiences posted on this site.

After being quoted outragous prices at a local B&M store I have decided to work with a small company in the Jewelers building in Boston. I am in the process of designing a new ring that will replace my old set. I have an existing .81 ct. i/j I1 round that will be used as a side stone on my new ring. I have just purchased the center stone, 1.73 round, I, SI2, my jeweler is going to match another side stone to my original and the ring will be cast in Platinum.

The problem is that I''d really love baguettes on each side, I''m just not sure it it''s going to all fit on the top of my hand, if the baguettes fit too far down along the sides is it worth putting them in? will it be uncomfortable? I am going to try to post a picture of my idea, I created it using photoshop.

Thanks for any input.
19.gif

sheilasring.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosie welcome
35.gif

It is up to you of course how you have your ring, if it was me I would choose either sidestones or baguettes to suit my taste, but you must have what suits yours! I would ask the jeweller if having the bags and sides would be a problem, as you are going custom you should be able to approve the wax cast before the ring is actually made. From a comfort point of view it could be possible as there is a lot on the finger that it could rub the sides and be uncomfortable, best person to advise you is the person making the ring really! But those bags are tiny looking at your design and if you really want them it might be possible to add them and make sure they are comfortable. Just make sure as with a nearly 2 ct round and near 1 ct each sides that the bags isn't going to be too much from a visual and comfort point of view - that's a lotta bling!
30.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
hi Rosie and welcome
35.gif

your photoshop looks great. I agree with lorelei that talking with your jeweler will be best. baguettes tend to stick out farther and obviously can''t be curved around the band, depending on your finger size you may be able to get all the stones on there though. It''s a nice design and I''d love to see pictures once your ring is finished.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi! Baguettes will fit perfectly well on a 3 stone ring. One of my estate rings (circa 1928) has an oval sapphire (about 1.35) as the center stone and emerald cut diamonds as side stones (about 30 points each) with diamond baguettes on each side. The ring is not uncomfortable at all. The stones are set fairly high, and they all fit on the top of my hand.

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
I''m sure the jeweler can help you but if I had to guess I would say with stones that size the baguettes would get in the way of comfort. I don''t know what your ring size is but the stones you mention are good size and will most likely spread across your finger on their own. Personally, if I had to feel the baguettes against my finger it would bother me. I love baguettes on their own as side stones to showcase the center stone, though. I think you''d have plenty of bling without the baguettes. Up to you of course, and I''m sure the jeweler would be able to figure this out. This ring sounds fantastic. I can''t wait to see it finished!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/20/2006 8:26:34 AM
Author: Madam Bijoux
Hi! Baguettes will fit perfectly well on a 3 stone ring. One of my estate rings (circa 1928) has an oval sapphire (about 1.35) as the center stone and emerald cut diamonds as side stones (about 30 points each) with diamond baguettes on each side. The ring is not uncomfortable at all. The stones are set fairly high, and they all fit on the top of my hand.
Threadjack alert....Threadjack alert....threadjack alert....

Madam where are the pics of this beauty please?
31.gif

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/20/2006 7:26:17 AM
Author:Rosierock
Hi,
I''m new here and really enjoying all the good information and experiences posted on this site.

After being quoted outragous prices at a local B&M store I have decided to work with a small company in the Jewelers building in Boston. I am in the process of designing a new ring that will replace my old set. I have an existing .81 ct. i/j I1 round that will be used as a side stone on my new ring. I have just purchased the center stone, 1.73 round, I, SI2, my jeweler is going to match another side stone to my original and the ring will be cast in Platinum.

The problem is that I''d really love baguettes on each side, I''m just not sure it it''s going to all fit on the top of my hand, if the baguettes fit too far down along the sides is it worth putting them in? will it be uncomfortable? I am going to try to post a picture of my idea, I created it using photoshop.

Thanks for any input.
19.gif
If you are thinking of using baguettes as side-stones..., make sure you dont get SI or I clarity...
In step-cut SI''s are usually very visible to the naked eyes...

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Threadjack reply alert:

Hi, Lorelei!

I still don''t have a digital camera. I''m thinking about getting a cell phone that takes pictures, although people tell me that they aren''t very good.

Rosierock

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the responses, I guess I will have to wait and see, I really have my heart set on the baguettes but I don''t want to do it if it looks bad. I didn''t plan on going so large with the center stone but the difference in price to the 1.5 wasn''t that much more. Now I just hope there''s enough room on my finger. I need a chunky ring, my finger size is around a 6, and the plan is for this to replace my wedding and engagement ring (just have one large one). I''m also really hard on my rings, I wear them all the time, playing tennis, gardening etc. I know that makes lots of jewelers cringe but I feel jewelry is meant to be worn not kept in a box on my bureau

I do have another diamond ring and band that were my mom''s that has a 1.34 center with single tapered bag.''s on each side and the band is three bag.''s across all in platinum. My husband say''s enough with the baguettes! but I just like them.
25.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results