shape
carat
color
clarity

Am I an Asscher ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

minky

Rough_Rock
33.gif
33.gif
Would really appreciate someones opinion on this ''Asscher'' this stone I am considering...............especially the depth and table, its a big $$$ stone and I am nervous about some of the proportions.....

GIA Cert
Size: 3.50
Colour: F
Clarity: VS2
Measurements: 8.26 x 8.28
Depth: 79%
Table: 80%
Culet: None
Girdle: Thick to very thick
Flur: None
Polish: VG
Symmetry: VG

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome,

You should wait for Storm to respond. He's our resident Asscher expert around here. The depth does seem high, but that's a large stone, so maybe Storm can offer better guidance. One thing he'll definitely tell you is numbers on fancy cuts only provide part of the picture. If you really want his expert advice, you'll need an ideal scope image to see if there is light leakage and he'll definitely want to see pictures to see if the Windmill Pattern is right.

If you can post those Storm will give you the answers you seek.

One other comment. It's not the best form to start three different threads on the same topic. Stick with one thread and people will help you............

Good luck........

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Wow. That is the biggest table I have ever seen on an asscher, even bigger than the depth. When I was looking for my asscher I looked for a table in the upper 50s-lower 60s and a depth in the mid to upper 60s. Mine is nowhere near that size though! I am sure Storm will answer your questions
1.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
those numbers are pretty repulsive for any kind of cut. ....but out of curiosity, what does it say the cutting style is on the report?

minky

Rough_Rock
GIA report says Square Cut Emerald....................

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
just saw your third asscher thread. as rod mentioned, please just use one thread to ask questions. it gets too confusing posting in more than one thread.

minky

Rough_Rock
understood, apologies, 1st time using today, missed this basic point

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Would you consider buying online through a reputable company? You can go to the Cut Quality Search on the pricescope home page and enter the parameters you are interested in. I was surprised at how many there are in the 3+ct range with much nicer specs than the one you have found. You could have a vendor call them in and get pictures, Idealscope, etc.

minky

Rough_Rock
I would definately consider it, my only problem being is I live in the UK and therefore have to pay USA:UK import / fees / taxes etc ....when we last looked at this is was 20% over and above the net $$ ...which adds on quite a lot.............................

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
toooooooooooooo deep --table too big. dimensions of a much smaller stone.............skip it

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/11/2006 3:35:45 PM
Author: windowshopper
toooooooooooooo deep --table too big. dimensions of a much smaller stone.............skip it

well said, I agree...
those are the worst numbers iv ever seen!

minky

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for the feedback yday it has been SO helpful.

After much deliberation last nite we asked the dealer to fax the GIA over as the 80% table was bugging us, when received the table number actually reads 50%, he had misread this from the cert.....

GIA Cert / Size: 3.50 / Colour: F / Clarity: VS2
Measurements: 8.26 x 8.28 x 6.5 mm
Depth: 79% / Table: 50%
Fluor: None
Polish: VG / Symmetry: VG
PX wise this stone is being offered at £30k cash (so appx $$53k)

How does this stone now look measurement wise and px wise please

Is there anyway to judge what grading of cut this would be (ideal, avg, poor etc)

Many Thanks

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2006 3:00:49 AM
Author: minky
Thanks everyone for the feedback yday it has been SO helpful.

After much deliberation last nite we asked the dealer to fax the GIA over as the 80% table was bugging us, when received the table number actually reads 50%, he had misread this from the cert.....

GIA Cert / Size: 3.50 / Colour: F / Clarity: VS2

Measurements: 8.26 x 8.28 x 6.5 mm

Depth: 79% / Table: 50%

Fluor: None

Polish: VG / Symmetry: VG

PX wise this stone is being offered at £30k cash (so appx $$53k)

How does this stone now look measurement wise and px wise please

Is there anyway to judge what grading of cut this would be (ideal, avg, poor etc)

Many Thanks

better but its still too deep and will face up too small for its weight.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results