shape
carat
color
clarity

"Always a bridesmaid..."

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've always wondered how some people manage to become bridesmaids so many times!! It probably has a lot to do with how your circle tends to view the role, I suppose.

I've been a bridesmaid twice now - once before I got married (for my cousin, who was my MOH about 10 years later!), and once after (for my brother, well, technically his bride, I guess). I would be surprised to ever be one again.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
I''m not into weddings and being a BM, but I truly love my friends and was really honored to be asked to be in a wedding a friend was planning. Then she went to the courthouse, which would have been fine if she had bothered to mention that to me... it''s all good now, but it made me a little sad. In general, I also tell people that I won''t be offended in the least if I am not in their weddings. It''s such a personal thing IMO, and if I am invited to the wedding at all, I am honored.

That being said, I hope to elope with just me and my groom, and I hope everyone is understanding about it and not offended.

I was a flower girl once or twice.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Hmm...not sure how many times I was a flower girl (maybe just once?), but I was a normal bridesmaid once, a maid of honour once, and a reader once. I was also seated at the head table at a DW because the groom had wanted me in the bridal party but there wasn't any room for me (and his wife-to-be and I barely knew each other). Also, I was asked to play music for one friend's wedding, until they realized that what they wanted (music during the ceremony and most of the reception) would mean I wouldn't be able to socialize with anyone and that would kind of suck for me, so they hired some other folks.
1.gif

As for my wedding, I really don't want to have a wedding party at all, but it's pretty important to James so it'll either be my brothers or J's sisters that stand with me, methinks...or maybe his two little nieces. No friends! I hate the idea of choosing my favourites from amongst my friends--I love them all!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Flower girl once, never a bridesmaid. I was asked to be a bridesmaid in my friend''s wedding, though, once they actually set a date.

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
so the pictures of the wedding i was in with the flower girl who um migrated throughout the ceremony were just put online, but i''m being good and not acquiring the picture and posting it here without paying for it.

so here''s a link to the picture that i think best exemplifies the stardom that comes with being a flowergirl, and i love how the ring bearer is responding to her
9.gif

flowergirl pestering ringbearer mid-ceremony

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
Once for my brother/SIL...I guess I was more a bridesmaid/ best (wo)man. The bridal party consisted of my SIL''s sister and me. We wore the same dress and both walked down the aisle but I stood next to my brother and she stood next to her sister. I was really touched to be asked and being included in the wedding even though they semi-eloped (vegas wedding) will be a memory I will always cherish.

I''ll probably have two bridesmaids (my two best friends) and my brother stand up for me. SO will have his brother and two cousins. We''re going to have to come up with roles for SO''s two best friends since they likely won''t be GM - we want to keep the BP smallish.

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Let''s see...5 that I remember for sure (probably about 1/3 of all the weddings I''ve been to as an adult). They came in waves, but the last time I was a BM was almost 4 years ago. So, I guess what I''m trying to point out is that I''ve been the only single gal for 4 years although most of my friends have been married 5+. It''s like I missed the wave of marriages so now I have to wait...and wait...and wait...and wait...*sigh*

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, well, if we''re talkin'' other roles besides just BM...

-flower girl once
-reader once
-guest book, etc. twice (maybe three times)

pinkstars

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been a bridesmaid two times and a flower girl once. I signed the marriage license for my best friend since she didn''t have a bridal party.

melbelle

Rough_Rock
Well, lets see...

I''ve been a flower girl once for my uncle and his now divorced wife
28.gif

Then, last summer/fall I was a Bridesmaid three times for three of my best friends. June, July, and October, all in a row.
1.gif

Next summer, I will be the Maid of Honor for my cousin''s wedding.

Each time has been a huge honor, and I love that I have been included in so many weddings. However, I''m ready to be the bride now. Just waiting it out.
3.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Techincally only four times. But I''ve been IN the wedding (reading at several, sang at one, "dog wrangler"--the dogs were the ring bearers at one) so it feels like more.

Two dresses have never been worn again, two have had some good re-use. When it''s my turn next year, I''m not doing matching dresses. Picking a color and saying "Go."

:)

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/30/2009 2:42:20 AM
Author: blueroses
''dog wrangler''--the dogs were the ring bearers at one

oh it''s such a cute idea to have those puppies in the service, and they do look cute buuuuut i''d have to agree, dog wrangling is the most accurate way to say it!

hey also to add to the list/tallys i''m curious, how many times have y''all caught the bouquet?

i caught one two years ago and haven''t really tried since

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Was meant to be a FG once but my sister called the wedding off about 2wks before
6.gif

MOH three times, and most likely one day when my niece marries I will be her MOH - thats the last wedding I plan on being in...as far as I know.

funnyface786

Rough_Rock
only once and its right now! the wedding is in july, so I''m kind of "in the process". but I love it! the bride is a sweetheart so I love doing anything I can to help her and I''m really really happy for her upcoming wedding.. so all of that always helps I guess. Though judging by my friends and the rate at which they are getting engaged, I am probably going to be in many many more

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/30/2009 2:42:20 AM
Techincally only four times. ....
Only four times - jeez how many would you consider a lot
9.gif

I''ve been a bridesmaid once and that was it.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Fair point, Londongirl1! I guess 4 isn''t a small number....I''ve just attended such a ridiculously large number of weddings (I mean, literally at least 2 dozen since 1999) that by comparison it seems small.

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/30/2009 4:42:18 PM
Fair point, Londongirl1! I guess 4 isn''t a small number....I''ve just attended such a ridiculously large number of weddings (I mean, literally at least 2 dozen since 1999) that by comparison it seems small.
blueroses - Which have been your favourite wedding & why.

My favourite wedding that I''ve attended as a guest was a friend of mine who got married in Florida at a hotel over- looking the beach. It wasn''t the most elaborate or expensive wedding I''ve ever been to but I think that''s why I liked it so much - they didn''t try to impress anybody, there was no big theme or over the top decorations it was simple and classy.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results