shape
carat
color
clarity

alternative to soldering? Opinions please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

glitterazzi2

Rough_Rock

Hello... this is the blogger formorly known as Glitterazzi...

FI and I have picked up our wedding bands (and I LUV them) and I''m a bit concerned about the 3 rings damaging each other if I don''t get them soldered. We travel and I don''t think I''ll want to take the whole set with me when we do (and FI definitely doesn''t want me to) so I am not planning on having them soldered. I attached a picture (sorry it’s not better – it’s a picture taken with my phone of a picture on my camera… I know… it’s terrible!). Anyway, I’ve read a few posts about putting sizing balls on them so that they fit together, and one blogger was talking about notching them so that they fit together. Immediately the image below popped into my head. I figure if it’s done well all 3 rings could be “locked” together, just one wedding band and the e-ring could be “locked” together, and the 2 wedding bands could be “locked” together – or I could wear them on their own. I didn’t know if any of you experts out there could give me some insight into whether this would work, and maybe the pros and cons of it. Please let me know your thoughts!

downsized_0717091041.jpg

glitterazzi2

Rough_Rock
Here''s what I was thinking in terms of notching...

soldering alternative.JPG

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It would be much easier to have a very thin spacer band to wear between them. That is what I do with my eternity bands which are much much smaller ctw than yours. That gives you the most options IMO.

ETA: that idea just deals with when you want to wear the 2 eternity bands together. I think there could be wear over time when you wear them with your ER, but I can't see a fix for that given the way the 3 currently sit. I wouldn't solder them. I have a soldered set and I have regretted it from the start. I am not understanding the concept of notching them, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results