shape
carat
color
clarity

Alterations

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
Hi ladies!

I''m just curious how much you''re spending on gown alterations, if you don''t mind me asking. One of my friends has to get hers let out and she''s spending close to $300. yikes.

I was just wondering if that was the norm.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I went to an independent seamstress that wasn''t affiliated with a bridal salon and it cost me $360 for taking in the bust and hips (I had an alencon lace applique that was probably the major source of the huge cost), pressing, and a bag. I also had her sew in a little bit of silk organza to make a modesty panel for my second gown (that I hardly wore). I was pretty shocked at the overall cost. Thank God I didn''t have to pay for a hem! My gown had 3 layers + the crinoline!

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
mine are going to be around 220. i heard that if you have them done at saks, they start at $500!

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
unfortunately, mine start at $495. yikes.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
mine is full lace, it needs to be taken up which is quite a job because all the lace at the bottom needs to be removed and replaced. It needs to be taken in about two sizes and the built-in bra and support needs to be altered. I''m getting it all done for between €160 - €200. I''m using an excellent lady who works from home. She used to be associated with a bridal salon in town until they closed, and now she does private clients. She''s done hundreds of wedding dresses. i''ve had her do stuff for me before and her standard is excellent.

My point is that there are highly qualified and experienced seamstresses out there for not too money, just look around!

That said...make sure you get it right, it''s VERY important that nobody messes up your expensive and beautiful wedding dress!

canada_ham

Shiny_Rock
i spent $350 on altering my dress but i had quite a bit done to it. i bought it off the rack and it was a size too big. the dress had straps and i had the seamstress turn it into a strapless dress. it was also too long and had to be shortened but it also had a lace overlay and bottom was removed and re-sewn on.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
I am lucky enough to have my gown made to measure, ie the actual dress is cut from a calico fitted to my body so I won''t need alterations unless I lose more weight in the last 6 weeks. Yay!

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Zero.

I feel so lucky!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
$250. Taking in side seams, altering neckline, hem, bustle.

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
The first 3 stores I went to either had a flat fee or said "average" alterations ran $500 at their stores. Where I ended up purchasing my dress they claimed it was a flat rate of $300, but if you got cups that was extra and the bustle was $10/point extra. Mine was only 5 points and my mom talked them into including that in my alterations fee.

ozsparkle

Shiny_Rock
My Alterations cost $300 AU. 3 layers of hem, taking in the bodice (full lace and beading/pearls), moving the modisty pannel over, and 2 point bustle. 2 x fittings total.

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Mine were around £200 (roughly $350). I''m a size 2 up top so I had to have it taken in quite a bit
23.gif
. The seamstress did a really good job so I can''t complain

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I just saw at Kleinfelds that it''s like $575, no matter what you get done to the dress.
23.gif
38.gif
I was hoping not to have any alterations... but I lost some weight and decided to wear flats. Oh well.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think mine will be around $100. But i went to a really little shop, with really reasonable pricing.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
I''m paying $200. I''m getting my crinoline and dress hemmed, the neckline reworked to a sweetheart, straps added and a 6 point bustle, bustling the underlayers and then bustling the top layer.

I also found a lady who works outside of her house close to Chicago. Check the Knot boards in your areas for alteration suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results