shape
carat
color
clarity

Already has ring on left ring finger

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lucky177

Shiny_Rock
My girlfriend (future fiance
9.gif
) already has a ring on her left ring finger that I got her (claddagh ring). I need to figure out what to do when I propose...

Take the ring off right before
Wouldn''t ruin the moment but just doesn''t seem right. I want to just propose and put the ring on, not worry about taking one off

Keep the ring on
I want to see just the ER on the finger and nothing else by it.

Either way, I know it is going to be an amazing moment and either way won''t ruin it, but still want to figure this out

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
I was wearing a ring on my ring finger. After he finished his proposal and I was crying/being overjoyed, I just switched the ring to my other hand then he put the e-ring on. It only took a split second and is no big deal so don''t stress about it, I am sure she will be quickly switching it when she realizes what is happening.
Congats!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You could take it in to be cleaned and polished for her.

Of course asking for her ring might give away the proposal so it wouldn''t be a surprise.

If you have any big events coming up (special holiday dinner, wedding to attend, etc.), you might get away with taking it to have it cleaned and polished. You want it to look nice for the event and found someone who would be able to polish it and get it all nice for her...

lucky177

Shiny_Rock
Maybe I can just steal it while she is sleeping haha. I feel like I may just not take off her current ring, I want it to be a surprise and her keeping her ring on definitely won''t ruin the moment

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
You''re over-thinking things
2.gif
Once she realizes what''s going on, she''ll switch the ring onto the other hand and neither one of you will think twice about it. Good luck with the proposal!! And remember to relax...she''s going to love it.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/3/2009 1:11:31 PM
Author: lucky177
Maybe I can just steal it while she is sleeping haha. I feel like I may just not take off her current ring, I want it to be a surprise and her keeping her ring on definitely won''t ruin the moment

I''m sure it will still be amazing. Maybe she''ll move it before the E-ring goes on, maybe she''ll switch it later. (of course if it were me, I''d have anything even NEAR my left ring finger off faster than any guy could even hit one knee)

I just don''t think there is any way to get it off without spoiling the surprise.

lucky177

Shiny_Rock
Any advice on not going crazy these two months I am waiting? haha Anything short of time travel won't help...
I foresee these being the two longest months of my life

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/3/2009 1:44:25 PM
Author: lucky177
Any advice on not going crazy these two months I am waiting? haha Anything short of time travel won''t help...
I foresee these being the two longest months of my life
2 months?!!

Sorry. No good advice to give. I am no good at waiting. (big problem since I start my shopping/planning for birthdays WAY early)

The best I can do is remind myself that I can''t spoil the surprise. It''ll be wonderful. Just can''t spoil the surprise. No hints.

One bit of advice though:
Keep the ring in a nice safe place where she won''t find it. I''ve seen a bunch of threads where the woman has found the ring while cleaning (sometimes accidentally) or whatever.

lucky177

Shiny_Rock
I am finalizing the purchase tomorrow and I thought that''d make this wait easier knowing that it is one step closer. Instead, I am getting more anxious and I can''t even imagine what it is going to be like when I get the ring
6.gif

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/3/2009 12:41:05 AM
Author:lucky177
My girlfriend (future fiance
9.gif
) already has a ring on her left ring finger that I got her (claddagh ring). I need to figure out what to do when I propose...

Take the ring off right before
Wouldn't ruin the moment but just doesn't seem right. I want to just propose and put the ring on, not worry about taking one off

Keep the ring on
I want to see just the ER on the finger and nothing else by it.

Either way, I know it is going to be an amazing moment and either way won't ruin it, but still want to figure this out
first of all, Congrats!

Second, I had a promise ring from my fiance that I wore on my ring finger and NEVER took off in the past three years of our relationship.

When he went to propose, he took the ring off of my finger while he was doing his lil speech and then after I said "of course!" he slipped the ering on my finger.

It did not in ANY way ruin the proposal. In fact, it added to it. In his speech he alluded to the idea that he was "keeping his promise" by giving me a different, (engagement) ring. It was completely romantic and it's actually the part where I cried the most during his proposal (lol. i'm pretty emotional). So go for the take the ring off just before you do it!

9.gif
Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results