shape
carat
color
clarity

Alligators

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
From my trip to south Texas in March. Several photos to follow

First is papa gator. 15 feet long. Not sure how wide his back is but two people could comfortably sit on it side by side. He didn''t or blink the entire time we were there.

Papa gator.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mama gator silently appeared at my feet when I got too close to her babies who were resting at the edge of the pond.

mama.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Baby gator imitating mama. Head on the one was 2 inches long. mama''s head was at least 2 feet long.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trying again, baby''s head

baby head.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This little one is about 9 inches long

baby gator.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mama warning the tourists.

warning.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tourist ignoring warning; otherwise known as gator bait
9.gif

gator bait.jpg

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
What a nice pics,I have never seen any of those in real life only on TV and now your pics.Thanks for posting.I hope you had a great time..

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Huh? Texas?

I am an Texan...I never knew they had gators. I wonder if that is why my dad used to take us to swimming holes when I was a kid. They were kinda marshy come to think of it. And he never got out of the car...hmmm...better get a therapist. I think I am going to need it.

DKS

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They''re so cool! Thanks for sharing those pics. I''ve seen a few when visiting FL, and while I''m not freaked out by them I keep my distance! I think they''re one of those animals that give you just a bit of a sense of what prehistoric times were like and I think that is so neat. Kind of like dragonflies--they''re everywhere around water all over the world but did you know they used to be quite a big larger? DH and I were just watching some fly around our backyard seeming to taunt our dogs the other night and he was worried we would get stung. I kind of laughed and said they don''t sting or bite humans...then I went inside to look them up onthe internet just to make sure and found out all kinds of fascinating facts about them. I love learning things like that about animals/insects/reptiles in our day and time, not too long ago they were much larger and could''ve eaten us!
9.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2007 12:14:01 AM
Author: door knob solitaire
Huh? Texas?

I am an Texan...I never knew they had gators. I wonder if that is why my dad used to take us to swimming holes when I was a kid. They were kinda marshy come to think of it. And he never got out of the car...hmmm...better get a therapist. I think I am going to need it.

DKS
Yup - there was some park...don''t know why Brazos Bend State Park comes to mind, can''t remember if that was it or not, but I believe it was...there were gators there. Like, near where people were picnicking.
23.gif
Yikes. I saw it with my own eyes.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Yikes!! I lived in Houston...and played in all those storm water overflows...and NEVER NEVER learned there were HUGE gators. Thanks for the heads up! They say you can never go home again...I think I shall agree.

DKS

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results