shape
carat
color
clarity

All about lips...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

livinginsg

Shiny_Rock
Seems that it has been a while since we "talked" about lip color!
36.gif
So, let me get started n o w..

I have been using lip gloss for ages and skipping lipsticks and all of a sudden, I feel like using a strong lip color!
2.gif
And I turned to Chanel''s latest Fall collection - Rouge Allure in Clandestine! I love it so much!! The darkish red and smooth texture really got me hooked and I purchased another color - Amusing. This is a pinkish color, really great for everyday wear.

For lip gloss, i swear by Loreal''s Glam Shine. Shimmery and sparkling!

Let''s start sharing...
26.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
My DH loves it when I wear lip color, so I wear it for him. Otherwise I''d be happy with no color because I have big lips so I don''t want to attract any more attention to them.

I wear Mac lipstick, DH goes with me and picks his favorites. His favorite is the syrup color.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great thread topic!

I love, love, love gloss, but there are definitely times when I want a bolder look. Typically, if I''m going out or I know I''m going to have my picture taken (I''m such a narcissist sometimes) I will wear a darker lip color. I have fuller lips, like Haven, and I like to play them up at night and in situations when I know there might be some photography going on (especially at night). That sounds kind of risque! I don''t mean that I go out with super vampy lip color, just brighter/bolder shades so that my smile looks even more pronounced, I think. I''m a big fan of drugstore brands like Maybelline or MaxFactor, who make very saturated and long-lasting stains...I don''t use them often enough to justify spending a ton on department store brands, and Walgreens will let you return anything you''ve tried at home and aren''t satisfied with. Gloss is a different story, I love Nars gloss in Orgasm, and MAC Lipglass in several neutral shades--I''d have to look in my makeup bag to see what''s in there right now! At work, however, I just use plain old Chapstick with SPF.

Italia mentioned in a makeup thread she started once that Neosporin is a great alternative to Chapstick or lipgloss, I think. I''ve tried it, and it DOES make your lips really soft! I hate the smell of it, though, so I put it on sometimes (maybe once a week) before I go to bed.

choyoyo

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/21/2009 7:16:05 PM
Author: monarch64
Great thread topic!

Italia mentioned in a makeup thread she started once that Neosporin is a great alternative to Chapstick or lipgloss, I think. I've tried it, and it DOES make your lips really soft! I hate the smell of it, though, so I put it on sometimes (maybe once a week) before I go to bed.

Hi Monarch, Neosporin is a first aid ointment that contains antibiotics, so I really would not recommend anyone applying it to their lips on a regular basis when there is no need, and not for the intended purpose. The inactive ingredients are cocoa butter, vitamin e, olive oil, and petrolatum (or something like that). I am certain that you could find a lip balm with those ingredients without resorting to using something meant for wounds.
28.gif

But back on to the lip topic, my most used lip product is savex/chapstick. After that would be MAC beaux lustreglass, which is a nice coppery nude color on me. I use just enough to have a sheen to my lips :D. I like to keep my lips low key since they are quite full as is.

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not into strong lip colours for me, mostly because I think my mouth isn''t big enough to handle it.

I am loving the high shine lip colour by Dior - I wear it in Catwalk Mauve.

Dior High Shine

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/25/2009 1:52:22 AM
Author: choyoyo

Great thread topic!

Italia mentioned in a makeup thread she started once that Neosporin is a great alternative to Chapstick or lipgloss, I think. I've tried it, and it DOES make your lips really soft! I hate the smell of it, though, so I put it on sometimes (maybe once a week) before I go to bed.

Hi Monarch, Neosporin is a first aid ointment that contains antibiotics, so I really would not recommend anyone applying it to their lips on a regular basis when there is no need, and not for the intended purpose. The inactive ingredients are cocoa butter, vitamin e, olive oil, and petrolatum (or something like that). I am certain that you could find a lip balm with those ingredients without resorting to using something meant for wounds.
28.gif

But back on to the lip topic, my most used lip product is savex/chapstick. After that would be MAC beaux lustreglass, which is a nice coppery nude color on me. I use just enough to have a sheen to my lips :D. I like to keep my lips low key since they are quite full as is.
Neosporin is a product I swear by. It is not ment to be used on a regular basis...however, for chapped lips...it's much more effective than anything else on the market as far as healing the tissue is concerned. Would I use it for glamour lips? No. But if my lips are dehydrated, chapped, cracked or bleeding...you better bet I'm applying a thin layer to soothe and heal. After all, split lips are quite painful wounds
28.gif

I also swear by Fresh--sugar and rose sugar. That's all I wear on my lips now as far as cosmetics. I wear Rose when I want a kiss of pink, Sugar when it's a kick back casual day. I
30.gif
both.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/21/2009 6:26:07 AM
Author:livinginsg
Seems that it has been a while since we ''talked'' about lip color!
36.gif
So, let me get started n o w..

I have been using lip gloss for ages and skipping lipsticks and all of a sudden, I feel like using a strong lip color!
2.gif
And I turned to Chanel''s latest Fall collection - Rouge Allure in Clandestine! I love it so much!! The darkish red and smooth texture really got me hooked and I purchased another color - Amusing. This is a pinkish color, really great for everyday wear.

For lip gloss, i swear by Loreal''s Glam Shine. Shimmery and sparkling!

Let''s start sharing...
26.gif
HI:

Looked at thos new Chanel fall colors
18.gif
...amy get a "pink"....but then again I am a Dior Addict!

cheers--Sharon

livinginsg

Shiny_Rock
Hi Canuk-gal, did u get this since u are a Dior fan? My hubby bought it from one of his overseas travel but i have not gotten around to using it! I know it can be used on the cheeks and lips.

Lady Dior Charm Radiant Couture Touch-UP.jpg

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/26/2009 1:43:50 PM
Author: Italiahaircolor

Date: 8/25/2009 1:52:22 AM
Author: choyoyo

Great thread topic!

Italia mentioned in a makeup thread she started once that Neosporin is a great alternative to Chapstick or lipgloss, I think. I''ve tried it, and it DOES make your lips really soft! I hate the smell of it, though, so I put it on sometimes (maybe once a week) before I go to bed.

28.gif

Neosporin is a product I swear by. It is not ment to be used on a regular basis...however, for chapped lips...it''s much more effective than anything else on the market as far as healing the tissue is concerned. Would I use it for glamour lips? No. But if my lips are dehydrated, chapped, cracked or bleeding...you better bet I''m applying a thin layer to soothe and heal. After all, split lips are quite painful wounds
28.gif

I also swear by Fresh--sugar and rose sugar. That''s all I wear on my lips now as far as cosmetics. I wear Rose when I want a kiss of pink, Sugar when it''s a kick back casual day. I
30.gif
both.
Big ditto on the Fresh sugar lip treatments. I''m addicted to them, even though it bothers me a little that I''m paying $22 for what is essentially chapstick. However I can''t find anything I like more.

I don''t wear lipstick too often, but I have a few select MAC shades that are staples. For lipgloss, I love Vincent Longo lipgloss because it''s not sticky at all imo. I also like a few of the sheer Stila shades (though they are very sticky).

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/16/2009 7:34:36 AM
Author: livinginsg
Hi Canuk-gal, did u get this since u are a Dior fan? My hubby bought it from one of his overseas travel but i have not gotten around to using it! I know it can be used on the cheeks and lips.
HI:

No, I haven''t! Looks nice tho.... Got a card in the mail to go and see the new Fall stuff, but can''t seem to get the lead out....
9.gif
....I am almost out of one of my fav shades, so it is time.....

cheers--Sharon

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I just discovered Tarte cheek stains, and I tried some on my lips recently and it was beautiful. So natural-looking! It lasted about half a day, which is a record for me. I have the True Love and Flushed shades. The day I came home after having it applied at Sephora, my DH told me I looked "even more gorgeous than usual." I was sold
1.gif

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Haven - I have MAC lipstick in Syrup too!
30.gif
it!

I used to only wear lipstick in very solid colours, now i wear a lot more gloss. But the last couple of years ive been into MAC lipsticks in a big way. Not bold colours mind you, but i feel like they''re just as moisturizing as a gloss.

I hate ''sticky'' feeling stuff, so a lot are ruled out in glosses for me.

For a balm i use Lucas'' pawpaw ointment - its the bees knees let me tell you
9.gif
you can use it for dry skin, burns, cuts etc, but its best as a lip balm IMHO
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results