shape
carat
color
clarity

Albright Hammers Palin for Misquote

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ha! Choice quote from Albright below:

"Though I am flattered that Governor Palin has chosen to cite me as a source of wisdom, what I said had nothing to do with politics. This is yet another example of McCain and Palin distorting the truth, and all the more reason to remember that this campaign is not about gender, it is about which candidate has an agenda that will improve the lives of all Americans, including women. The truth is, if you care about the status of women in our society and in our troubled economy, the best choice by far is Obama-Biden."

link

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, Palin made a mistake with the "help" and "support" words. A definite oops on her part, but I wouldn''t expect Albright to say anything encouraging about Palin or the Republican ticket in the first place. I''m actually not too thrilled that Palin quoted her at all; Ferraro has been so much more supportive of her.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/5/2008 8:55:03 PM
Author: IndyGirl22
Yeah, Palin made a mistake with the ''help'' and ''support'' words. A definite oops on her part, but I wouldn''t expect Albright to say anything encouraging about Palin or the Republican ticket in the first place. I''m actually not too thrilled that Palin quoted her at all; Ferraro has been so much more supportive of her.

I think Albright was more concerned with the quote overall and not just the misquote. But seriously-why would Palin quote Albright?! Rookie move...she should have known that would result in a good rebuttal from Albright.

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/5/2008 8:56:38 PM
Author: thing2of2

Yeah, Palin made a mistake with the ''help'' and ''support'' words. A definite oops on her part, but I wouldn''t expect Albright to say anything encouraging about Palin or the Republican ticket in the first place. I''m actually not too thrilled that Palin quoted her at all; Ferraro has been so much more supportive of her.

I think Albright was more concerned with the quote overall and not just the misquote. But seriously-why would Palin quote Albright?! Rookie move...she should have known that would result in a good rebuttal from Albright.
I wouldn''t call it a rookie move - I would call it a bad mistake from whomever wrote her speech for her, who is most likely not a rookie. I agree about not quoting Albright - she''s as un-Republican as they come!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Ha!

This part was strange: "...Now she said it, I didn't."

33.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/5/2008 9:03:25 PM
Date: 10/5/2008 8:56:38 PM

I wouldn''t call it a rookie move - I would call it a bad mistake from whomever wrote her speech for her, who is most likely not a rookie. I agree about not quoting Albright - she''s as un-Republican as they come!

Well even if someone wrote the speech for her, she should have known better than to say it. So yep, I''d call it a rookie move!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/5/2008 9:25:13 PM
Author: EBree
Ha!

This part was strange: ''...Now she said it, I didn''t.''

33.gif

I know-why say it, then?

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/5/2008 9:26:23 PM

Well even if someone wrote the speech for her, she should have known better than to say it. So yep, I'd call it a rookie move!
Ehhh, maybe she trusted the writers and thought the quote was correct and that Albright would react the same way as Ferraro - who knows?

ETA: Either way, agreed on the big mistake.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s why you only quote DEAD people...
20.gif

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
HahaAhahaAhAHahahAhahhAHAAha

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/5/2008 9:26:53 PM

Ha!

33.gif

I know-why say it, then?

Exactly. I''m guessing she said it because she wasn''t sure how it''d go over with the crowd, so she wanted to cover her butt. But why say it at all, especially if you don''t *really* understand what the original quote meant?
3.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/5/2008 9:33:46 PM
Author: MoonWater
HahaAhahaAhAHahahAhahhAHAAha

Thought you might like this, Moon!
9.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/5/2008 9:31:43 PM
Author: ksinger
That''s why you only quote DEAD people...
20.gif

Hahaha-good rule of thumb, I''d say!

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/5/2008 9:41:04 PM

Ha!

33.gif

I know-why say it, then?

Exactly. I''m guessing she said it because she wasn''t sure how it''d go over with the crowd, so she wanted to cover her butt. But why say it at all, especially if you don''t *really* understand what the original quote meant?
3.gif

Why ask why? Try Bud Dry...with Joe Six Pack!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ha!

33.gif

I know-why say it, then?

3.gif

Agreed!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/5/2008 9:45:30 PM

Ha!

33.gif

I know-why say it, then?

3.gif

Why ask why? Try Bud Dry...with Joe Six Pack!

HA! I admit to snorting when I read this!

QOTDR

Rough_Rock
I'm a republican at heart, but a registered independant. This woman is such an airhead that all I can think of is Jessica Simpson!! She's an airhead!! Given the age of MCain, there is no way I will vote for him due to Palin on the ticket. What the heck was he thinking! I would have loved to see a debate with Hillary and Palin. It would have been really cool to see Palin smoked. Anyway, I refuse to vote for Obama due to his views, so I am up in the air as to what I will do on election day.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/5/2008 9:57:53 PM
Author: QOTDR
I''m a republican at heart, but a registered independant. This woman is such an airhead that all I can think of is Jessica Simpson!! She''s an airhead!! Given the age of MCain, there is no way I will vote for him due to Palin on the ticket. What the heck was he thinking! I would have loved to see a debate with Hillary and Palin. It would have been really cool to see Palin smoked. Anyway, I refuse to vote for Obama due to his views, so I am up in the air as to what I will do on election day.

It''s always interesting (and nice, actually) to meet a Republican who doesn''t like/won''t support Palin. T-Gal''s the only other PS (R) who''s admitted this.

Were you originally supporting Hillary?

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/5/2008 10:06:04 PM

I''m a republican at heart, but a registered independant. This woman is such an airhead that all I can think of is Jessica Simpson!! She''s an airhead!! Given the age of MCain, there is no way I will vote for him due to Palin on the ticket. What the heck was he thinking! I would have loved to see a debate with Hillary and Palin. It would have been really cool to see Palin smoked. Anyway, I refuse to vote for Obama due to his views, so I am up in the air as to what I will do on election day.

It''s always interesting (and nice, actually) to meet a Republican who doesn''t like/won''t support Palin. T-Gal''s the only other PS (R) who''s admitted this.

Actually, diamondfan has said this multiple times as well. It''s just not enough for her not to vote for the man on the Presidential ticket. A debate between Hillary and Palin would have been interesting - too bad Obama didn''t ask her - I think it would''ve been a landslide victory for the Dems.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/5/2008 10:10:06 PM
Date: 10/5/2008 10:06:04 PM

Actually, diamondfan has said this multiple times as well. It''s just not enough for her not to vote for the man on the Presidential ticket. A debate between Hillary and Palin would have been interesting - too bad Obama didn''t ask her - I think it would''ve been a landslide victory for the Dems.

LOL a landslide victory with a woman (and husband) that has a crap load more skeletons in their closet than Obama. Very doubtful.

E B

Ideal_Rock

I had no idea! My apologizes (and kudos!
3.gif
12.gif
) to DF.

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/5/2008 10:15:46 PM

Actually, diamondfan has said this multiple times as well. It's just not enough for her not to vote for the man on the Presidential ticket. A debate between Hillary and Palin would have been interesting - too bad Obama didn't ask her - I think it would've been a landslide victory for the Dems.

I had no idea! My apologizes (and kudos!
3.gif
12.gif
) to DF.
Haha yeah, I'm not sure if she read it or not so I decided to chime in for her (hope she doesn't mind!). Although to be accurate, she's stated that she is not a registered Republican, she is just voting for McCain this year.
1.gif
To add to the off-topicness of my post, most people I know don't think that Palin was the *best* person for the job, but that she's acceptable.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/5/2008 10:18:06 PM
To add to the off-topicness of my post, most people I know don''t think that Palin was the *best* person for the job, but that she''s acceptable.

Many Dems I know feel the same way about our candidate. Biden wasn''t my first pick (I was for Edwards, though I think he''s a cad now) but I think he''d do well.

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Total tangent, but does anyone think that McCain would have picked Palin if Obama had picked Senator Clinton? I wager that she wouldn''t have even been on the short list for VP if Obama had done that...but of course Clinton said she did not want to be offered the position. Anywhooooo, just wondering, because I think that Palin was a poorly thought out desperate grab at a highly sought segment of the electorate. Will it work? Not sure, but am confident it will be interesting.

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/5/2008 10:41:16 PM
Author: swimmer
Total tangent, but does anyone think that McCain would have picked Palin if Obama had picked Senator Clinton? I wager that she wouldn''t have even been on the short list for VP if Obama had done that...but of course Clinton said she did not want to be offered the position. Anywhooooo, just wondering, because I think that Palin was a poorly thought out desperate grab at a highly sought segment of the electorate. Will it work? Not sure, but am confident it will be interesting.
That''s why I think it would''ve been a landslide for Obama - McCain would''ve most likely picked a "safer" choice and the "Change We Can Believe In" campaign would''ve taken on a much broader spectrum of voters with Hillary in tow, including disenfranchised Democrats. It''s no secret that Palin was a strategic choice, but it is also obvious that Biden was, as well. Obama''s main weakness was foreign policy and Biden makes up for it. I think all decisions by both sides are motivated by the same factors. Bill Clinton admitted on The View that Hillary would have accepted the VP bid if Obama had asked her but that she was never asked. Interesting, indeed.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Actually DFan has said that she's pretty much smack dab in the middle, being liberal with social issues, and I believe conservative fiscally. She's voting for McCain because she doesn't like Obama, but she really doesn't like Palin.

Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

ETA: I don't think McCain would have picked Palin if Hillary had been picked. The VP debate would have been a cat fight to the death, and Hillary would have whooped Palin's patootie. I think that Biden could have, but that he was told not to (I was impressed with his restraint to be honest) for fear of making him look like a bully. Hillary would have totally gotten around that because they would have been on equal terms (woman vs. woman). IMHO as always.

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/5/2008 10:52:54 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Actually DFan has said that she's pretty much smack dab in the middle, being liberal with social issues, and I believe conservative fiscally. She's voting for McCain because she doesn't like Obama, but she really doesn't like Palin.

Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
Right, that's why I said she wasn't a registered Republican but was just voting for the Republican candidate this year.
2.gif
Sorry if that was unclear & apologies to DF for bringing her up at all! When someone said something about McCain voters who don't like Palin she just sprung up in my head.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/5/2008 10:41:16 PM
Author: swimmer
Total tangent, but does anyone think that McCain would have picked Palin if Obama had picked Senator Clinton? I wager that she wouldn't have even been on the short list for VP if Obama had done that...but of course Clinton said she did not want to be offered the position. Anywhooooo, just wondering, because I think that Palin was a poorly thought out desperate grab at a highly sought segment of the electorate. Will it work? Not sure, but am confident it will be interesting.

Nah, he likely would not have picked Palin but he probably would have found someone else, likely more capable and probably not a woman, that could excite the base. Had he done this and Obama picked Clinton, well, McCain would have won easily. He would have had two amazing things to excite the base, 1st a conservative choice and 2nd the opportunity to go up against the Clintons again. They were dying to it. I don't think anything would have have unified the Republican party quicker than the chance to battle Bill and Hill. (Not to mention all of the Dems that are absolutely sick of the Clintons that probably like McCain)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/5/2008 11:00:00 PM
Nah, he likely would not have picked Palin but he probably would have found someone else, likely more capable and probably not a woman, that could excite the base. Had he done this and Obama picked Clinton, well, McCain would have won easily. He would have had two amazing things to excite the base, 1st a conservative choice and 2nd the opportunity to go up against the Clintons again. They were dying to it. I don''t think anything would have have unified the Republican party quicker than the chance to battle Bill and Hill. (Not to mention all of the Dems that are absolutely sick of the Clintons that probably like McCain)
LikeD. He''s changed too much since 2000.

I''m annoyed with the Clintons, but I still wouldn''t have voted for McCain version 2.008

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/5/2008 11:05:47 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Date: 10/5/2008 11:00:00 PM

Nah, he likely would not have picked Palin but he probably would have found someone else, likely more capable and probably not a woman, that could excite the base. Had he done this and Obama picked Clinton, well, McCain would have won easily. He would have had two amazing things to excite the base, 1st a conservative choice and 2nd the opportunity to go up against the Clintons again. They were dying to it. I don''t think anything would have have unified the Republican party quicker than the chance to battle Bill and Hill. (Not to mention all of the Dems that are absolutely sick of the Clintons that probably like McCain)

LikeD. He''s changed too much since 2000.

I''m annoyed with the Clintons, but I still wouldn''t have voted for McCain version 2.008

I said I would strongly consider it depending on who he chose as a VP. I was holding out hope that he was faking it without detriment. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results