shape
carat
color
clarity

AIGS - Morecarats or others care to respond?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The AIGS lab is seeming to play "musical directors" over there. It seems that the director changes quite often, which accounts for some inconsistency in how they grade for certain treatments. I cannot get them to answer some specific questions I had about my sapphire treatment and a memo I have from them. I know when Vincent P. was director in the past, he sent all sapphires to GIA for LIBS testing (that''s what he told me). In this case, I''m not so sure if this is done anymore. Can anyone respond? Thanks in advance.

morecarats

Shiny_Rock
GIA Bangkok does not use LIBS. They have a LAICPMS machine for checking for beryllium diffusion of corundum.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/23/2010 9:26:58 PM
Author: morecarats
GIA Bangkok does not use LIBS. They have a LAICPMS machine for checking for beryllium diffusion of corundum.

Thanks Morecarats,
I could have been mistaken about the type of machine, but I know Vincent told me he sent it to one of the more sophisticated labs for testing for foreign elements. Do you know what''s up with the directors changing so often?

morecarats

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/24/2010 12:17:40 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover

Date: 6/23/2010 9:26:58 PM
Author: morecarats

Thanks Morecarats,
I could have been mistaken about the type of machine, but I know Vincent told me he sent it to one of the more sophisticated labs for testing for foreign elements. Do you know what''s up with the directors changing so often?
Sorry, I don''t really have any gossip to share about the lab. You might try gemology online.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results