shape
carat
color
clarity

AI everywhere …thoughts?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Artificial intelligence crafting art, essays, lesson plans, etc. ChatGPT ….Thoughts? Insight?

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's horrible.
DH was just telling me about a program where you type in key words and the computer creates a realistic photo. It's just creepy.
I've always thought of CAD jewelry design as AI. After all, parameters are typed in and a computer basically makes the setting, right? Is it real artistry? I guess it depends on who you ask.
I guess I'm just biased because I make my own jewelry.

Last edited:

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Overblown
Its more throw a bunch of stuff at the wall then see which ones work and spit them out.
It also badly suffers from Garbage in and Garbage out.
It is funny when feed garbage(the contents of the internet) it spits out something that someone gets all bent out of shape about so they put in a output filter to not show those results.
This is not like teaching a child not to use a certain word or not touch a hot stove, its using a bleep button or putting a fence around a stove.

The image stuff is mostly parlor tricks rather than true AI.
AI is a bozo buzz word right now.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Overblown
Its more throw a bunch of stuff at the wall then see which ones work and spit them out.
It also badly suffers from Garbage in and Garbage out.

This just-released one will blow your mind. A kid (sort of) in the industry shared this with me and it is insane.

chat.openai.com. I think this is what @nala is referring to.

I did not fully enroll since it wanted my cell for 2FA but kid shared all of his queries along with the answers (as screenshots, in realtime) with me and it was jaw-dropping. One query: "Impress my dad, a [nerdy occupation-holder], with a poem about [his area of expertise]. It should have three stanzas and ABAB rhyming scheme." OK the result was AABB -- stoopid computer.

Another: "Write a letter my sister can use to convince her Dad to pay for her tattoo." It was four paragraphs of cogent -- and appropriate -- argument and sound grammar. You could coach and refine it: "Not heartfelt enough; make it better." And it would.

My first reaction was that no kid will ever have to do homework again. My second was "How can I integrate this into all the letter-writing I need to do at work?!"

I thought AI was "I see you are interested in cryptocurrency." This is a million miles beyond that. It is scary-good.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
There is a lot of source material about talking a parent into a tattoo..

Btw I was involved in the development testing and training of internet chat bots back in the stone ages of the late 90s.
We had people that would talk to bot for 30-40min never figuring it out that bot was a bot.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is a lot of source material about talking a parent into a tattoo

There's a lot of source material about everything, turns out. That was just one kooky example. Kid shared a few dozen queries with me in real time. "Turn this into a screenplay," etc. It is so much more sophisticated than just generating the one-word answer to a factual question (e.g., "What's the fifth brightest star visible at my location now?")

It has made a quantum jump lately.

Making small talk and "mirroring" is easy -- I'm sure I have had plenty of content-free half-hour conversations on various planes and trains. But to craft a passable product off of a simple prompt -- that's pretty cool.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
What could possibly go wrong? 4rt.png

That's not the biggest danger of AI the biggest danger is events that are not in the datasets.
Lets say AI is monitoring a power station, some mice move in, the AI knows nothing about mice and they cause the power station to blow by shorting something out.
Humans see the mice or the signs of mice and set some traps and close their entrance and saves the day!

The 737max crashes were caused by something similar, the pilots that quickly figured out the computer was wrong and trying to kill them and shut it down and flew the plane survived.
In more than one case they kept on turning back on the computer, until it killed them.
Turn it on, it tried to kill them, shut it off again and recover the plane, on the 4th or so time the computer put the plane in an unrecoverable state.
On an Airbus there is no shutting off the computer and fly the plane, when the computer programing fails your dead.(It has happened)
They are totally fly by wire.
Coming soon to cars near you.

RockOnReen

Shiny_Rock
This just-released one will blow your mind. A kid (sort of) in the industry shared this with me and it is insane.

chat.openai.com. I think this is what @nala is referring to.

I did not fully enroll since it wanted my cell for 2FA but kid shared all of his queries along with the answers (as screenshots, in realtime) with me and it was jaw-dropping. One query: "Impress my dad, a [nerdy occupation-holder], with a poem about [his area of expertise]. It should have three stanzas and ABAB rhyming scheme." OK the result was AABB -- stoopid computer.

Another: "Write a letter my sister can use to convince her Dad to pay for her tattoo." It was four paragraphs of cogent -- and appropriate -- argument and sound grammar. You could coach and refine it: "Not heartfelt enough; make it better." And it would.

My first reaction was that no kid will ever have to do homework again. My second was "How can I integrate this into all the letter-writing I need to do at work?!"

I thought AI was "I see you are interested in cryptocurrency." This is a million miles beyond that. It is scary-good.

Yes! I had a chance to spend some time looking at it and running inquiries last night and I was impressed. I'm not sure kids will be able to use it for homework though - it's just too good.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results