shape
carat
color
clarity

AGSL certs question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
While searching Blue Nile for a cushion cut stone, I found one with the cert from AGSL lab.

I did a little research and kept seeing RB cuts mentioned, but not fancy cuts. So, does this lab primarily cert rounds?

I know stupid question.

Also, can other vendors acquire stones listed on BN ?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes, they primarily grade rounds as that is the majority of the market. how did the cushion fare?

bn has a large virtual inventory, so must of the stones listed can indeed by aquired by other vendors.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Actually I saw a few that were interesting. But I''m not sure what to look for in table/depth %''s.

At least there were some with the L to W ratio that I like 1 to 1:15>

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The majority of the market is in rounds, so any lab primarily grades rounds.

AGS has a market-niche in which cut-grading is very important, and because of this, they have a bigger percentage of rounds in their reports. Since June 2005, they are the first lab to give cut-grades on a fancy shape, being the princess-cut. They will soon have cut-grades on other shapes too.

Live long,

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/6/2006 5:26:50 AM
Author: Paul-Antwerp
What an amazing amount of damage and wastage this has caused.
Sergey and Yuri have helped me see how bad this fact you mention has been for both diamond enjoyers and the trade.

All most all cut innovation has been spent on rounds. I am guilty of it too - with HCA.
AGS are a great outfit - and trying hard - but they could at best introuduce 1 or 2 tradional cuts a year.

We need new thinking; and it all seems to be coming out of Russia

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/6/2006 6:13:49 AM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)

Date: 1/6/2006 5:26:50 AM
Author: Paul-Antwerp
What an amazing amount of damage and wastage this has caused.

We need new thinking

... Any chance to see the new wisdom carved into the intended material at some predictable point?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results