shape
carat
color
clarity

AGS0 Princess

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RDY2TIE

Rough_Rock
I found this diamond that appears to be a good price for what I'm getting, but I have several reservations (some of which I have listed below) about this particular stone. Can the experts on this forum take a look at it and its reports (Sarin, Idealscope, AGS cert) and give me their honest opinion of its quality? It would be much appreciated. Please note that the measurements on the Whiteflash page do not always match that which is on the AGS cert. They are close, but not exact (i.e. girdle thickness).

(1) I don't understand the idealscope image. How can it be AGS0 with that much leakage?

(2) Is the crown (14.5%) too high?

(3) Is the girdle (3.4% - 4.0%) too thick?

RDY2TIE

http://www.whiteflash.com/princess/Princess-cut-diamond-2361963.htm#

midgirl

Shiny_Rock
Hi!

The idealescope image looks nice actually.

Not sure about the crown.

The girdle is not too thick at all.

This ring looks absolutely gorgeous and defaintely one of the best princess diamonds I have seen an IS image from!

Hope this helps!
35.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
an ags0 princess is a pretty darn good find! i wouldn''t second guess yourself too much.

Date: 3/22/2006 8:29:29 AM
Author:RDY2TIE

Please note that the measurements on the Whiteflash page do not always match that which is on the AGS cert. They are close, but not exact (i.e. girdle thickness).
they are not measured by the exact same machine. ags measures the stone at their lab and wf measures at theirs. minor calibration differences my effect the results between the different devices. it is nothing to worry about.

(1) I don''t understand the idealscope image. How can it be AGS0 with that much leakage?
there is not *that* much leakage. some leakage is good, it adds contrast to the diamond. more importantly, it is symmetrical.

(2) Is the crown (14.5%) too high?
not at all! the ''0'' in light performance proves that.

(3) Is the girdle (3.4% - 4.0%) too thick?

nope. with a princess, you should have more worries about a girdle that is too thin.

that is a very very nice looking stone. you should snatch it up before someone else does!

RDY2TIE

Rough_Rock
I've attached specs/links to two stones that I am considering as an ER for my girl. Each is similar in price, with Stone 2 being a little less expensive. Any opinions/suggestions would be appreciated. I'm looking to make this deal sometime today or tomorrow morning. Thanks!!

Stone 1:
Cut: AGS0 Princess
Color: F
Clarity: VVS1
Carat: 1.1
Fluorescence: Negligible
Depth: 76.5%
Table: 60.8%
Crown Angle: 33.2
Crown Height: 11.4%
Pavilion Angle: 41.8
Pavilion Depth: 63%
Girdle: 1.9% to 2.6%
Culet: Pointed
Measurements: 5.64 x 5.64 x 4.31

http://www.infinitydiamonds.be/diamond.php?ID=116

Stone 2:
Cut: AGS0 Princess
Color: D
Clarity: VVS1
Carat: 1.051
Fluorescence: Negligible
Depth: 73.7%
Table: 66.4%
Crown Angle: 43.3
Crown Height: 14.5%
Pavilion Angle: 39
Pavilion Depth: 55.7%
Girdle: 3.4% to 4.0%
Culet: Pointed
Measurements: 5.49 x 5.44 x 4.31

http://www.whiteflash.com/princess/Princess-cut-diamond-2361963.htm

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
no. 2 is sold...did you get it? I think someone else on PS did. That being said, I think no. 1 looks awesome.

RDY2TIE

Rough_Rock
I have both stones on hold for a very short period, so stone #2 isn''t sold yet.

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
18.gif
I think that # 2 is yummy!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results