shape
carat
color
clarity

AGS vs Sarins

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi all,
I just had a sarins ran on a diamond I''m considering buying but one of the angles came out significantly different from the AGS report. Which is more accurate the angles on the AGS report or the Sarins report?

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
I would trust the AGS report (even though they use Sarins too) just on the basis of experience, etc.

Have the local Sarin run again - the difference could be due to machine/software glitch, dirt, carelessness, etc.

Oh, and just how different were the readings?

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
The results can vary from instrument to instrument, technician to technician. Minor variations are no big deal, but huge differences need to be investigated. Once in a while, as in rarely, the wrong diamond gets matched with the wrong Cert.
1.gif

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The crown angle was off by 0.5 degrees, which changes the TIC from a 1.3 to a 1.7. The AGS report had a better angle. All the other numbers match correctly. Is a TIC of 1.7 still worth buying? I''m just thinking of the worse case scenario. The price on it is pretty good.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
CareBear,

I am NO expert... but I do know that HCA scores under 2 are "excellent"... and a 1.3 score vs a 1.7 score is really just splitting hairs. It sounds like you have seen the stone, and you said the price is good. I think you have nothing to worry about, and you have probably found an AWESOME diamond!
36.gif

Lynn

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results